|02-20-2005, 08:36 PM||#1|
RACING - Tuesday night
Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
hi everyone, We are hoping enough of you guys got out for the free week, we saw a number of great racers turn someFAST times which we can only know will get faster! Pam and I enjoyed meeting you all although I'm not sure we will remember all the names.
With regards to racing on Tuesday this week February 22nd, we have decided to postpone the first race until Sunday February 27th. We do not feel we have adequately tested the racing program and would not want to waste your evening doing that. We took a lot of time building this facility to "get it right" thereby hopefully creating a world class facility. I hope you will understand that I want to do this "right" too! Sadly I know the indoor electric season is short (although I do want to entice the 1/12th scalers to continue racing throughout the summer) and this delay doesn't help. But I would rather have a couple of extra days and familiarize myself with the software.
To address a few questions I have been asked...
- Allowable motors. What i describe as stock is 19 turn spec, fixed timing.
- As far as the end bells. I would like to keep it open. If you feel you are obtaining faster speeds using the V2 end bells then by all means.
- As far as modified goes, that's easy...drive whatever motor you bring.
- Tires...I would suggest foam but if only rubber tickles your fancy then rubber.
- Yes I would like to get 3 qualifiers and a main for each race, although that may demand a strict "no mercy minute rule". I want to start the automated timing from within the software and have it count down each of our heats, so all must be prepared for their qualifiers. I will make certain to allow for enough time to charge cells but I do realize that there are many drivers who will have driven miles to get here and I do not want to extend their time because a few drivers feel empowered to slow down the event with lame excuses.
- Friday & Saturdays. I need to keep my doors open. I am doing this business as much for you as for myself. Parties, gatherings, corporate events all help to pay for the operating costs of FastCats. On these two days these type of events take presidence. Although, if we know in advance that nothing has been scheduled then information will be available on our website by Thursday and you will be able to come in for open practice, and because it is not a school night I could be enticed to staying a little later. (like twist his arm!)
-Race days. Although I know St. Catherines racing season is almost over I do not want to conflict with their remaining weekday racing schedule, so I have opted to make Tuesday nights our weekday race event. On these evenings we will run our 19 spec classes 1/10th and 1/12th.
-Sundays. see above for mod rules
- Racing. On either day, if there are enough entries for an additional class, example 1/18th, stock minicooper...tamiya F1 etc. then we will add the required qualifiers. This must be prearranged prior to race night and can be set-up through fastcats forum.
-Prices. I am attempting to keep prices as low as I can and hopefully I will not have to change them. I am trying to introduce radio control racing to as many people as I can, if I can keep prices down I may be able to attract more newbies. Whenever possible I will subsidize the cost to the racers through parties, corporate events etc. At this time I have no plans for memberships. On open practice nights the cost will be $13 for a one time visit. A less expensive route would be a 10 pass @$100 which would drop the cost to $10 a visit. The same approach will be given to house/club races, not applicable to special occasion racing. A one time race will be $18 with a 10 pass @$150 bringing it down to $15 for the first class. The 2nd class is always $5 (no discount available) and the third class if applicable is free.
I hope I have answered all of the questions if not, please post and I will respond.
The operating hours are posted on the front page of our website at www.fastcats.ca and will begin tomorrow...closed...Pam gets to finally clean the house!
|02-21-2005, 01:28 AM||#2|
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Jeff F
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Ajax, ON
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Total Props: 0
Re: RACING - Tuesday night
I think that you have setup a good system thus far! I am really looking forward to getting out there and running some packs!
The Revolution is Coming...
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|