RACING - Tuesday night - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2005, 08:36 PM   #1

Total Props: 0
RACING - Tuesday night

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
hi everyone, We are hoping enough of you guys got out for the free week, we saw a number of great racers turn someFAST times which we can only know will get faster! Pam and I enjoyed meeting you all although I'm not sure we will remember all the names.
With regards to racing on Tuesday this week February 22nd, we have decided to postpone the first race until Sunday February 27th. We do not feel we have adequately tested the racing program and would not want to waste your evening doing that. We took a lot of time building this facility to "get it right" thereby hopefully creating a world class facility. I hope you will understand that I want to do this "right" too! Sadly I know the indoor electric season is short (although I do want to entice the 1/12th scalers to continue racing throughout the summer) and this delay doesn't help. But I would rather have a couple of extra days and familiarize myself with the software.
To address a few questions I have been asked...
- Allowable motors. What i describe as stock is 19 turn spec, fixed timing.
- As far as the end bells. I would like to keep it open. If you feel you are obtaining faster speeds using the V2 end bells then by all means.
- As far as modified goes, that's whatever motor you bring.
- Tires...I would suggest foam but if only rubber tickles your fancy then rubber.
- Yes I would like to get 3 qualifiers and a main for each race, although that may demand a strict "no mercy minute rule". I want to start the automated timing from within the software and have it count down each of our heats, so all must be prepared for their qualifiers. I will make certain to allow for enough time to charge cells but I do realize that there are many drivers who will have driven miles to get here and I do not want to extend their time because a few drivers feel empowered to slow down the event with lame excuses.
- Friday & Saturdays. I need to keep my doors open. I am doing this business as much for you as for myself. Parties, gatherings, corporate events all help to pay for the operating costs of FastCats. On these two days these type of events take presidence. Although, if we know in advance that nothing has been scheduled then information will be available on our website by Thursday and you will be able to come in for open practice, and because it is not a school night I could be enticed to staying a little later. (like twist his arm!)
-Race days. Although I know St. Catherines racing season is almost over I do not want to conflict with their remaining weekday racing schedule, so I have opted to make Tuesday nights our weekday race event. On these evenings we will run our 19 spec classes 1/10th and 1/12th.
-Sundays. see above for mod rules
- Racing. On either day, if there are enough entries for an additional class, example 1/18th, stock minicooper...tamiya F1 etc. then we will add the required qualifiers. This must be prearranged prior to race night and can be set-up through fastcats forum.
-Prices. I am attempting to keep prices as low as I can and hopefully I will not have to change them. I am trying to introduce radio control racing to as many people as I can, if I can keep prices down I may be able to attract more newbies. Whenever possible I will subsidize the cost to the racers through parties, corporate events etc. At this time I have no plans for memberships. On open practice nights the cost will be $13 for a one time visit. A less expensive route would be a 10 pass @$100 which would drop the cost to $10 a visit. The same approach will be given to house/club races, not applicable to special occasion racing. A one time race will be $18 with a 10 pass @$150 bringing it down to $15 for the first class. The 2nd class is always $5 (no discount available) and the third class if applicable is free.
I hope I have answered all of the questions if not, please post and I will respond.
The operating hours are posted on the front page of our website at and will begin tomorrow...closed...Pam gets to finally clean the house!
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:28 AM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Jeff F

Total Props: 0
Re: RACING - Tuesday night

Originally Posted by fastcats
The operating hours are posted on the front page of our website at and will begin tomorrow...closed...Pam gets to finally clean the house!

I think that you have setup a good system thus far! I am really looking forward to getting out there and running some packs!
The Revolution is Coming...
Currently Racing:
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.