Feedback Thread? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2005, 04:37 PM   #11

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just remember nobody sells stuff for as low as NEO............................................... ...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBODY! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:10 PM   #12
RCC Expert Contributor

who's gonna listen to all 10 sides of the same story and then decide who was right and rate someone less than A+.
Imagine the bitching from someone who gets downrated and how does he recover?.
You just may start a war.
how about only posting who is considered AAA+++ and leave everyone else out.
How do you get a rating if you have never sold any thing

ow ow ow ow ow now my brain hurts.........

better off just spend time bashing trux not people trux more fun....
imported_xxfile is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:01 AM   #13
RCC Contributor

the rating was only an example of my dealings...
there doesn't have to be rating!

and i agree i don't like bashing ppl, but some ppl are dumb and there needs to be some kinda warning when dealing with someone who has screwed around on previous deal!
its always buyer beware of course!

i like bashing trucks! not ppl
imported_EMPIRE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:51 AM   #14
RCC Senior Contributor

i agree.
helibri is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:10 PM   #15
RCC Senior Contributor

i agree awsome idea i have dealt with lunytune a+++ even drove down to drop off item
imported_connected15 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #16
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Knock on wood but to this point we've had no problems...(but lets not be naive its only a matter of time).

We are currently undergoing preparations for a major overhall to our software, which will of course change the look (to a new and improved) and our ability as mods/admins to control a lot of the site.

We have the technology to do this now. I would have to take a look at how other sites who do have feedback systems function.

We as a site don't necessarily want to be responsible for the conclusions of sales, so we leave a lot of that to each member. If there is a problem, then it will get address independantly..IE not being permitted to post in that section, etc.

My only beefs with feedback systems as they very subjective and don't always give a real picture of a seller/buyer...and then we have to monitor disputes which arise out of feedback hostages..etc.

We're not so big at this point that it would be inconvienent but perhaps two years down the could be.

Its something that DOES need to be looked at and WILL be discussed upon implimenting the new upgrades. I know that some sites require a seperate registration process above your regular sign up to access sale/trade sections, and others require independant approval by admin/mods.

Is this a solution...I think at this point it will be something that we can let you guys decide. Is it that important, and is added security measures going to stop you from being ripped off?...

My personal opinion when it comes to internet buys its BUYER beware.
As a buyer if I have a question, then ask it before money is exchanged.
As a seller though be prepared to provide some contact info (paypal is good because you get an address and contact info) and Pictures..with todays technology pictures are something I'd always ask for.

So by all means people put your 2 cents in here. Let us know.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:08 PM   #17

You guys are an offroad forum not E-BAY!!. As far as I am concerned there will always be scammers and honest people , It is not the responsibility of offroad to make sure sales are fair or legit. E-BAY has a pay-pal system where users register accounts etc and other forms of payment. Why anyone would want to make cross-country purchases on a site like this is beyond me.......keep it simple sell local within your regions and that should keep problems to a minimum as most transactions can be made in person,,,and if your a kid...bring your mom or is that simple. I say too bad to the guy who gets scammed and it is their own responsibility to feel comfortable with a sale, and to ask the proper questions, but in the world of used products the bottom line is they are used....some more than others.....and alot of times the picture cannot say much....If anyone is buying things cross-country on this site they are playing with you think anyone in B.C cares if they scam someone in Ontario? Buy Local...make inter-personal transactions and more often than not this should be fine. As for suggestions I think should start an annual mid-summer swap meet where all the members can meet, talk rc, trade products, buy and sell.........and remember nobody undersells NEO when it comes to value and HONEST quality...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBODY!!!
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:18 PM   #18
RCC Expert Contributor

well said Neo! geez u guys have enuff to do, monitoring that part of a site with the inevitable battles royale between disgruntled parties would be a royal pain .]
it would be nice but i think that everyone is capable of looking after themselves.
a seperate registration and proof of over 18 or something could be good
imported_xxfile is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.