Kyosho Caliber M24 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2005, 10:29 AM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: Mark D

Total Props: 0
Kyosho Caliber M24

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I bought one of these heli's as my first chopper about two weeks ago now and so far I'm loving it. I crashed it a BUNCH my first couple days, but now I'm hovering up and down my parking garage, taking the bird for little walks and such, having a great time learning.

Does anyone else have one of these heli's? Can you recommend any upgrades for it? I've already switched to lipo batteries (practically a requirement, even after cycling I felt the original battery didn't have enough power), and I've got the carbon fibre tail boom. I'm planning on getting a new radio and electrics for it, which means replacing the electrics (new gyro, receiver, esc's) and then leaves the door open for going to brushless motors. Really what I'm looking for are things I can do to generally make it more resistant to wear and tear. The plastic pinion gear has been a royal pain to me, but I'm concerned that if I replace it with a metal one, I'll start stripping my main gear. Of course if I could find a metal main gear as well, then I'd be very happy, but as of yet I haven't seen many replacement parts for the heli.

Any ideas?
Savage SS w/RB TM728
Mantua Rally Race XS w/HPI .25
ThunderTiger ZK2
Kyosho Calibre M24
- All for sale
DMD is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:52 PM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
I have not seen the Kyosho up close but have heard good things about them. I run plastic main gears with metal pinions on all my helis. a micro rs4 pinion, or slot car pinion would fit. I have eaten a couple myself. Friday I finished my second t rex and took it out. hovered about 10 feet up, my brand new brushless motor seized (magnet snapped in half at 75% throttle).

If the heli isn't equipped, the swash ball mod is the first thing to do. and don't waste time on a piezo gyro. buy a futaba. the align/telebee/zoom gyro is not bad and holds good but it can change drift settings with temperature. supposed to leave it turned on for 5 minutes to climatize (like you can wait 5 minutes to play...not gonna happen)

I cycle my lipos 3 times before I use them. they are a requirement of helis... they don't fly, they beat the air into submission. you have to watch with lipos and helis. you need to have enough available power. just because it is say 750 mah, it might not supply what you need if it can't handle the amp draw of the motor and servos etc.
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.