Someone Stole my R/C stuff. INSURANCE opinions - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #1

Total Props: 0
Someone Stole my R/C stuff. INSURANCE opinions

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I had my garage broken into last weekend.
Stole my Snowblower. Also took my buggy, and airplane.
They didnt' get the radio or my new engine. Those were in my basement.

The whole experience was somewhat troublesome.
My Insurance company did cover what was stolen, but I had a hard time over it. Now don't get me wrong, the insurance companies IMO are theives, who take every opportunity to take your money then try and get out of paying when the piper plays..

Whats your opinions people. Should I get seperate riders, or inform my insurance company?...

I hate giving them money.

Anyone with similar experiences.
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:51 PM   #2
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Well it's a tough pill to swallow but the insurance companies are the real criminals out there but you have to have it. I have most of my major electronics on a sperate rider, at least all teh makor stuff I crt around with me. My company charges me $7 for every $1000 to insure my stuff on a seperate rider witha 0 deductable for full replacement value. Whether its worth it or not is up to you
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:04 PM   #3
Flaming Mo
RCC Master Contributor

★ Site Supporter ★
I am: William
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 2

Check/call all local Hobby/Hock shops...Its just a shot in the dark but you never know eh......
Sea Air and Land
Flaming Mo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:15 PM   #4
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor
I am: sir rcalot

i had my garage broken into and my wleder and motorized scoooter was stolen. the idiot was riding it the same day. but i found him the next day and the cops came and took him away. he had my scooter and my welder he lost. the cops said i will go to court and he will be juged and i will get a new welder. but it happened october 6th and till now nothing happened there is still no court date. the person might have your snowblower but the r/c he probably sold to some kid for a cheap price. but keep your eye out for people and dont spread your misfortune around as the person will know and do a better job hiding your stuff. oh yea and the insurance has a 500 dollar deductable. and thats under half the price my stuff was worth. my welder was a week old.
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:16 PM   #5
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Well I suppose you will have to look at your policy but as far as r/c goes its not like cash or certain type of electronics..(meaning there generally isn't a maximum)..garages are usually easy marks..

The problem with seperate riders is that even though you pay for a specific item or insurance in general one claim can raise your rate...its obserd really...

Mine particular situation doesn't require me to inform nor have seperate riders...I'd only look into that if it was something with an exceptional value or vintage...irreplaceable.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:14 PM   #6
RCC Master Contributor

The person who broke into ur garage isn't the theif (hypothetically) the insurance companies are...bastards charge so much and cover nothing. Your better off calling insurance..."in case of" or "thanks for the money" Incesurance companies are making too much money from another example is that I would have to pay 6-10 grand a year for car insurance...just b/c im 18 or 19 when I get it...the point is, the insurance companies suck, but if you were the owner, it would be a different story due to the loads of cash that would be flowing in like water. My words of advice, keep ur rc stuff in the basement and lock you doors every night. Man I fell bad for you...
Hyper 7 pro for sale!
hyper7man is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:03 PM   #7
RCC Senior Contributor

i had the same problem last year,they took my heli ,radio,flight box,ect...but to make a long story short my insurance company covered everything to the tee and more but i had to go through the house ins,so now i am doing what fozzy does seaperate insuance it's cheap.your home policy will cover you but if it happens more than once they might charge you a deductable or raise your deductable,you no the storry the first ones free any more then your scre.......d
helibri is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.