Internet..Offroadrc...Who is what...(title edit) - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2005, 09:04 PM   #31
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
We used the force!!

Lets get back on topic, even though Steamboat doesnt seem to understand the rules here I am still interested in hearing more about this race.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:16 PM   #32
Alumni Mod
I am: Scott P

Total Props: 0

Hmm.. Well, I did go off, and I did feel provocated, but that does not excuse my reaction. I tried to stay civil, and did, i think.. but I obviously let i get the best of me. I appologize to everyone, it was not my intention for it to go this far.. as for steamboat being NEO/GHOSTFACE/SCREWFACE, i was unaware, but the posts, as I read them now, really do reflect his previous reaction to things he doesn't agree with.. It's a shame really, he does have good ideas but just can't handle disagrements.

Again, I appologize.

I would like it if MaddMaxx could keep us updated as the information is released from Advance, if he is willing..

Fearferret, please don't hold anything against Advance, as I'm sure that steamboat does not speak directly for Alex, just as I do not speak directly for any of my favorite hobby stores.. or this site for that matter. (but thanks for the vote of confidence..)
SUPERD's PAST PITMAN just ask SuperD
Sprucewood - First B-main, 9th A-main
Bellvegas - 4th A-MAIN Truggy
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:21 PM   #33
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Lets try and get a couple things straight.

I take issue with the comment that its OFFROADRC's responsibility to bring the information to you...

Let me start this by asking.

What are you paying to be here?

What is Offroadrc making ($$$) to provide this service?

NOTHING. Yep I nor any other owner make a dime from this site.
No advertising. No sponsorship. No freebee's. Nothing.

I as do all the other admins have regular full time jobs.

We have families.

We have personal responsibilities...

All the stuff that you have...that most everyone have.

So the question is why do we do this.

Answer because we love this hobby.

I see potential in this hobby.

I see Canada taking a back seat to many things because we are not as organized as other countries.

So instead of sitting around and talking about it..we decided that we CAN do here we are.

I've dedicated much so that I couldn't even calculate hours of work. I've taken holidays...days off work....spent money..(not on myself) but on shirts to give name it..trips..all to promote one basic thing that all of us at offroad consider important...COMMUNICATION.

No one telephone pole is responsible for all the conversations in the takes everyones effort.

Really why is it that Advance can't send me an email. I thank Steamboat for bringing this to our attention. Despite the problems we have with neo he has contributed by bringing this to our attention.

I did have it on my agenda as soon as I read this, and I think my fellow admins will confirm that I did send out an email with contact information for advanced. I've been putting in some very long hours at work and hadn't had time to do it.

I don't see why..and let me preface this by saying I don't judge Advance Hobbies because of the information received by 3rd party. Not at all.
I dont see why Advanced couldn't send an email, or come on the site and post a synopsis along with a link (to their site) to stay tuned...

I only want to support this hobby, and provide a place where all shops, manufacturers and users can talk shop.

I was really angry when I first read this thread. I was angry at MADD MAXX for assuming that its my (offroadrc's) responsibility. I was angry because of STEAMBOATS attitude towards Offroadrc for being who we are. But fret not. I will continue to do what it takes to bring this hobby together. Co operation is the key.

I again will take time off work to go to the hobby show, to go to fairs, to go to the hobby shows abroad, to talk manufacturers into coming on this emailing, calling, writing letters, and all around digging to get whatever it takes to keep myself and others pumped about this hobby.

I'll help any club, group, track, shop, manufacturer, or anything else associated to this hobby to get information out to others.

I am going to leave this thread open because everyone has the right to express an opinion..however I am going to remove the title and replace it as soon as I get some information from Advance hobby. This is not their doing.

Perhaps one day this type of site will pay to play..and then I would expect more of myself for you guys. But until that day..which is not today...we all need to work together to keep people informed.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:09 AM   #34
RCC Contributor

Originally Posted by spond
1: as for steamboat being NEO/GHOSTFACE/SCREWFACE.

2: I would like it if MaddMaxx could keep us updated as the information is released from Advance, if he is willing..
1: Very interesting....

2: Now in progress. Will be a slow start but with good weather and warmer temps on the way the racing season and schedule is slowing being finalized from club to club.

I'll have a Nitropolitan...

4 parts Sidewinder Race Blend 30%
2 part Nitro Speed Scent (Crazy Cotton Candy)
1 part Nitro Speed Scent (Very Cherry)

Shake and strain into a chilled glass.
Garnish with a lime wedge.
imported_MaddMaxx is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:17 AM   #35
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Tom

Well, SPOND is right, I shouldnt hold this against Advanced. And in light of that, I wont.

Steamboats comments were very off the mark in my opinion. I for one will support this site, every hobby shop i see, and every event that I can make it to. Even if it costs me money to do this. I have taken more from this site than I can ever give back, and I got everything for free.

You guys do an excellent job here. You keep everyone informed about anything you guys know about. AND not only that, you guys look for ways to expand the membership and the hobby in general.

So, to the guys from Advanced, I am sorry if I went over the line by saying I wont attend. But, most of only find out from ORRC if there is even an event going on. So, work with ORRC, because finding out information from 3rd party sources is never the most reliable thing!
FearFerretRC is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:19 AM   #36
RCC Supreme Contributor

Maybe a new thread on this would be a good idea seeing as its getting a bit off topic, but I'd like to hear more about this as well

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.