|04-07-2005, 11:06 PM||#1|
Great Lakes Offroad Radio Control Series Thread
Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
ORRC is proud to announce "The 2005 Great Lakes Offroad Radio Control Series".
Many many hours of work and organization has gone into what we feel is
going to be a great racing season.
Now I'll start by saying that we are going to start this series
with the intent of dissecting it at the end of the season.
We ask for patience this year as we evaluate what works and what does not.
At the end we hope to determine what is an acceptable.
Here is the schedule for the year.
May 14/15, 2005 Aurora Rails raceway
May 28/29 2005 Niagra Offroad
June 11 2005 Bellevegas
June 25/26 2005 Full Throttle
July 2/3 Hull Quebec Championship
July 16/17 Aurora Rails Raceway (this is a rain date)
July 29/30 Action Hobbies (Kingsville) UPDATED
August 13/14, 2005 Sammys Speedway London
August 27/28 2005 Sprucewood Invitational (courtesy of ORRC) Get well soon Dave.
Sprucewood will be this years final.
The entry fee's are capped at $50 entry fee and $10 for extra classes.
The number of race days will be determined by the Track owners.
1 or 2 days will be based on attendance, and time available.
1/8th will be .21 engine limit or RTR engines.
Monster Trucks are open.
As a side note we left the option for each track owner to run a 1/10 offroad class if they wish
(meaning stadiums.) There were a number of tracks were these are regular series, and we will
evaluate to see if there is enough interest for next year.
IFMAR penalty rules will be in place if situations arrise. I will add those to this thread as soon
as I get a chance to pull out the applicable sections.
Here is the point schedule as it will apply for this season.
TQ 2 Points
2nd-20th Completed 1 Point.
21st>/DNF no points awarded.
80 Points 11th 60 Points 21st 40 Points 31st 20 Points
2nd 78 Points 12th 58 Points 22nd 38 Points 32nd 18 Points
3rd 76 Points 13th 56 Points 23rd 36 Points 33rd 16 Points
4th 74 Points 14th 54 Points 24th 34 Points 34th 14 Points
5th 72 Points 15th 52 Points 25th 32 Points 35th 12 Points
6th 70 Points 16th 50 Points 26th 30 Points 36th 10 Points
7th 68 Points 17th 48 Points 27th 28 Points 37th 8 Points
8th 66 Points 18th 46 Points 28th 26 Points 38th 6 Points
9th 64 Points 19th 44 Points 29th 24 Points 39th 4 Points
10th 62 Points 20th 42 Points 30th 22 Points 40th 2 Points
41st position and beyond score 1 point each.
Points scoring description courtesy of the Midwest Series.
I've made some modifications to the qualifiers points.
|04-08-2005, 08:10 AM||#4|
I am: Scott P
Join Date: Jun 2004
Total Props: 0
let me know if yu want althe maps to be the same.. I cna whip them up on MS streets and trips..
SUPERD's PAST PITMAN just ask SuperD
Sprucewood - First B-main, 9th A-main
Bellvegas - 4th A-MAIN Truggy
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
|04-09-2005, 10:17 AM||#5|
Ok folks just want to remind you all that this will be the official information thread. If you want to recommend something or discuss something there is a discussion thread.
Please keep in mind that this is the first year of hopefully many.
We do expect some problems, and we do expect to make changes
At the end of the season we of course will have a full evaluation and
debriefing to go over what works and doesn't. But ..and I add but.. it
needs to be positive constructive feedback. I'm not putting up with
full out negative badmouthing or bashing especially of someones question or ideas...so if thats what you want to do..
write it down on a notepad..then transfer it to your recycle bin.
save me the time!.
|04-09-2005, 09:17 PM||#6|
Just wanted to clear up a couple things to help answer some questions I've been asked.
1. To qualify for the final each racer will be required to complete a minimum of 2 racers this season. For those who attend more, the best two point scores will be used to place in the final.
2. Although we've capped the cost of the races at $50 registration, and $10 for second class track owners are free to use any rate they would normally use.
We hope the idea of the series will bring more racers (and in time this will of course happen) however I wouldn't expect to see huge increases just yet..so I recommend to track owners to keep fees to usual standards.
3. Track owners are responsible for but are not required to have trophys etc
for each series race. However many tracks have elected the series race to run in conjunction with a normal event they run. In essence at a number of these races you will be competing for regional events as well.
Following these races copies of the AMB will be send / printed out and handed to series representatives.
4. Transponder rentals. For those tracks that do offer this option it is up to the election of the track owner to include what to charge. It should be included however we do not have a policy on this, and will leave it to the individual track, and review if required at the conclusion of the season.
5. The series co ordinators for this season charge nothing, nor collect any proceeds. We take nothing. All fee's and charges go back to the track involved. If there is any substantial cost that will be projected next season we will deal with that for next season. The tracks are responsible for collecting their registration fees as they normally would.
6. ROAR does not apply in this series. We are going to slowly develop our own Canadian standard taking what we like from current systems. So ROAR membership are of course not required.
7. I am in the process of collecting information pertaining to accomedation etc for each track. I ask that all tracks involved either email me (click my name) or PM me with this vveerrrry important information ASAP.
8. My best information on the requirement for Passports to enter the U.S is that this has not and will not be in effect for a few more years. I heard 2006/7. (land crossings) Air will be as early as next year. So I believe we're safe.
9. I will also post information pertaining to tracks were PT or transponders are available to rent. Keep in mind to the best of our knowledge there will tracks were they will not. We acknowledge this will likely effect turn out however this year it is the sole responsibility of each track owner.
Please feel free to PM me with any other questions or rules that need clarity.
|04-12-2005, 09:13 AM||#7|
RCC Supreme Contributor
Join Date: May 2004
Total Props: 0
Good work guys - Coming together nicely!!
Please note in regards to #1 that you have to have competed in 2 races to compete for points at the final round "Sprucewood Invitational' however you can still race this race even if you have not been to two other races, you will just not be counted towards the Great Lakes Series. (This came up from a couple of racers that usually only make it out to my one race a year)
|04-17-2005, 01:38 PM||#8|
Here is the information that is available to me currently regarding the tracks and races.
Aurora Rails (RESCHEDULED) May 14/15 2005
Web Site: http://www.arrp.netfirms.com/
Address: 2268 Blakely Road, East Aurora NY U.S.A
Race Co ordinator: Brian Bellinger
Email: email@example.com Phone:716-652-5718
Mapquest Locate Page
Niagra R/C Offroad
Web Site: http://www.niagararcoffroad.com/
Address: 6959 South Chippawa Road, Wellandport, Ontario L0R1Y0
Race Co ordinator: Matt and Sherry
1. Hipwell's Motel and Restuarant 299 Hwy #20 West Fonthill ON (905) 892-3588 http://www.ctdmotels.com/hipwellsmotel/
2. Country Inn Motel 963 Highway 3 West DUNNVILLE 905-774-7363
3. RiverView Motel 642 Main Street West Dunnville 905-774-5634
4. For the Outdoors person.
Chippawa Creek Conservation Area And Campground
905-386-6387 Regional Rd 45, Wainfleet, ON L0S 1V0 (5 min from track)
and for those of you looking for Valet parking and breakfast in bed Hamilton is 30-40 min from the track (my estimation)
Web Site: http://www.bellevillerc.com/
Address: 1441 Hwy 37, Belleville, Ontario
Race Co ordinator: Ken Deline, Peter
As you can imagine there are quite a few. See this link for a list. Accommodation List
Web Site: http://www.wnyrcinfo.com/site/module...viewforum&f=14
Address: 3429 New Rd. Ransomville, NY 14094
Race Co Ordinator: Jason Fuller
For further info Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit there forum as listed above.
Web Site: http://www.grcoffroad.com/
Address: 725 D de la carriere,Gatineau Qc
Race Co ordinator: email@example.com
Ramada Plaza. http://www.ramadaplaza-casino.com)/
This one is perfect because the parking lot backs onto the track.
Hilton (oh my..the wallet) http://www.hiltonlacleamy.com/
Address: 197 Lansdowne Street, Kingsville, Ontario N9Y 1S6
Race Co ordinator: Francis Lee, Chuck Swaddling
Circuit Teleguide Off Road Grandby (CTORG) Quebec
Web Site: www.ctorg.com
Address:1252 Principale Canton Granby, QC J2G 8C8 450-776-3730
Race Co Ordinator: Eric Bastille
1. MIRADOR 1-450-378-7363 http://www.hotellemirador.qc.ca/
2. Bonne Soire 1-450-378-7947
3. Motel Royal 1-450-378-3966
I'm not sure the distance from these to the track.
Series Finale. Location Sprucewood Invitational
Web Site: http://www.offroadrc.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=35
Address: 16420 Concession 8 Schomberg, Ontario Canada L0G 1T0
Race Co ordinator: Dave Mclean
1. Comfort Inn 1230 Journey's End Cir. Newmarket, ON, CA (905) 895-3355
2. Best Western 17565 Yonge St. Newmarket Ontario L3Y-5H6 905-895-2131
3. Hoard Johnson Hotel. 15520 Yonge Street, Aurora, ON L4G1P2 Phone: 905-727-1312
|04-17-2005, 08:42 PM||#9|
For specific track schedule. (IE Daily Itinerary) see the specific track. They will be completely responsible for collecting registration fees, and planning the event.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|