Need to Know! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2005, 07:31 AM   #1
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Need to Know!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
As the number of drivers have been increasing I need to know who is coming on to my property to run there cars so if you have not been to the track before or you want to bring someone new I need to know first. Don't just show up with them. I will be forming a free membership where I am going to start controlling who is and who is not a member. As we all know with more drivers comes the ever more real possibility that someone could get hurt. This is not acceptable and I am going to start now trying to take steps to avoid this happening.

It is imperative that when you arrive at the track that you sign in with me before running your car each and every time.

I incourage anyone with thoughtfull ideas to please post things they have seen at other tracks that will help us avoid any problems.

Lets have a great accident free summer!
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:00 AM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor

Not sure if you do have this but since it's your property make sure everyone signs a waiver who uses the track. This way you are protected against accidents. Something I thought of on my families 10 acres at Violet Hill on HWY 89
Elcon Cleon w/air brakes
imported_SELWA is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:48 AM   #3
RCC Contributor

How about posting signs up say that " Property owner is not responsible for others safety" use at own risk. This might help as well.
"My Garage"
Savage / Axial 28
REVO 3.3

Mayhem Buggy 26
Phantom Offshore racer 33"
Blade CX2 Heli
imported_Sledder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:40 PM   #4
RCC Contributor

Safety issues and recommendations

Just my 2 these were things that were reviewed by Dave M. and Dave Henry at the track during last weeks practise..... (by the way, excellent track design Dave, I always like high technical tracks instead of silly high speed)

Dave and Dave had mentioned for people to not cross the track especially at the straight away should your car flame out or flip. Please go around the outside of the track and the marshall will bring it to the closest point outside.

Those of us that were out last week know about this just thought I'd let everyone know.

For those that are marshalling, its a good idea to keep a set of workgloves in your pit box to prevent damage to your hands when flipiing cars or shutting off runaways.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, hit your brakes when we come out to marshall your car...........blip the throttle until we get there but please hit the brakes when we are by the car.............

While you are on the driver stand running its a good idea if you are in a pileup or flame out on the straight to shout out to other dirvers on the stand "Watch the straight" so those coming into the straight realize there has been a pileup in a very high speed area........

Finally, please listen to MAC's ideas and recommendations regarding the track and safety. Respect his property like it was your own..........

Hope these couple tips help.......

zoomroom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:09 PM   #5
RCC Supreme Contributor

All great ideas - please keep them coming! I will be putting these into action!

Thank you!
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:09 PM   #6
RCC Pro Contributor

★ Moderator ★
I am: John
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 1
just to add to your post zoomroom,

the marshalls would not have to keep running to a persons car, and a person would have a lot less flameouts if people would just CALM DOWN on the track. i did see this last week, and last summer for that matter. people need to just cool their jets, and take their time getting around, you would be amazed at how much quicker you are if you take it easy and not go all GUN HO on the track

yes abiye, i am talking about you!haha
RC- My first love
Skagen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:25 PM   #7
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

another rule.... CHECK THE DAM FREQ. BOARD BEFORe U TURN UR RADIO ON!!! its scary that AFTER ur r/c takes off and JUST BEFORE u get to it *click* it dies... i dunno about u but i cant afford a new engine.... so plz check the board... its a given but sum ppl/noobs do forget....

add me to the "membership" list plz dave... i wont be out much but when i can get there i will be
Old Beater Sable
ayk_driver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:31 PM   #8
RCC Supreme Contributor

also, DON'T RUN WITHOUT YOUR FREQUENCY ON THE BOARD because if ur car runs away on you when ur not listed nobody will care

Not sure if this can work, but at my old flying club, you had to have ur name on the clip and freq. number (just with marker) and now i believe they require you to attatch your membership card to it so no non members mess stuff up

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:09 AM   #9
RCC Apprentice

Well last week was my first time out and I thought it went well, however I left by 7pm so I don't know if alot more showed up after. I have to also agree that I marshalled a fair bit and alot of people kept the throttle on when I was flipping their rides back up. Not sure if that's normal, but found it awkward at times.
imported_Darkhamr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:02 PM   #10
RCC Senior Contributor

The way we handle the marshaling at our tracks is that we tell all the drivers at the morning meeting that any trucks/buggies that require marshaling during a race will not be touched untill the rev's go down. We will just stand there and watch the truck's/buggy's wheels spin. It usually only takes the once for people to get the idea.
Ya, Ya I know, I see the carnage, but it's still race-able. Isn't it?
imported_Izzy-Racing is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.