Jr radio - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2005, 07:17 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Jr radio

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just wonder is it worth my money to spend on a Jr xs3 or pro?
or just stick with the stock radio?
G1en is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:25 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor

good radio

Are you racing, bashing. planning on racing in the futer? If your just bashing, then I guess the stock will be OK. A good radio is a good investment. EMPIRE has a nice MX3 with a JR reciever he is looking to sell ( i have seen it). pm him and please let him know I sent you his way.
imported_RC-SUPERMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:28 PM   #3
RCC Apprentice

still sorta new to the whole thing.... mx3? i have full size car mx3 :P
and what type of jr does he have?
Old 05-30-2005, 07:29 PM   #4
RCC Apprentice

actually there is someone on ebay selling hrmmm HPI Pro 4 w/ JR XS3 Pro Radio w/ Novak GTX esc - pro4...
it's going for 200 bucks american right now...
just don't know if i would get to use the radio to it's full ablitiy or would it just get my all fustrated? i like to get in to the race seen... but bashing is always fun
Old 05-30-2005, 08:18 PM   #5
RCC Pro Contributor

★ Moderator ★
I am: John
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 1
dont go pro, you are basically paying hte extra 70 or so bucks for looks, waste if you ask me.....
RC- My first love
Skagen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:13 PM   #6
RCC Junior Contributor

the pro is the silver one right? cuz mines the JR xs3..
24 Hours in a Day, 24 Beers in a Case coincidence?
Savage 25
t3x is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:28 PM   #7
RCC Junior Contributor

I've done a fair bit of research on the reasons to buy FM as I've been considering this myself.

Personally, I'd buy a synthetic one. If you get one with crystals, you're going to pay $20 per crystal set afterwards and you still have no guarantee that you will have a unique frequency. Going synthetic tuning is the best way to be.

Another good reason is the range on FM frequency is farther and stronger than with AM frequency. Check a graph of the radio waves on the net..you'll see why.

Third decent reason is that the FM radios have a lot more functionality than that AM's. You can preset all your RC's with one radio and just cycle thru a list when you change vehicles.

This being said, they're fairly pricey...and you will want an FM receiver for each of your RC's so you aren't swapping stuff around.

hope this helps..hope I'm not off on my research either
--=Savage Flux goin 4s for now=--
"Everyday, my drive to work: gas, brake, honk; gas, brake, honk; honk, honk, punch; gas, gas, gas."
TriggerHappy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:06 PM   #8
RCC Senior Contributor

I have the JR XS3, And its a Good Radio,Its Easy to Use and Has a Ton of Stuff that I Don't Use But its there if and when I do.

The Jr XS3 Pro is a Bit Smaller, Silver And Has an Addjustable Wheel and a Smaller Reciver and 10 car mem, The XS3 only has 6 car mem.
There Both Good Radios,So I'm sure you'll be Happy with one of them.
SublimeJason is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:31 PM   #9
RCC Apprentice

thanks for the feedback.... hrmmm the reason i'm asking about the jr xs3 pro is because i can get it for 220 bucks canada with the high torque servo and another normal servo.... maybe 320 at the most... so it does sound like a sweet deal and it's new as well...
i don't have anyother thing but my savage but i'm working on it!
i think the next road might be either a buggy or a 1/10 car never really came to a end on that thought
Old 05-31-2005, 04:36 PM   #10
RCC Senior Contributor

According to Greathobbies, there is a $50 price difference between the two. The Pro comes with the aforementioned 10 model memory, however it's most important change is the smaller RS310 receiver. While a smaller receiver doesn't sound like much, it's a huge thing when your trying to cram wires into a savage radio box, mount it behind your steering servo in a TC4... etc.

As for the radio itself... it's a great mid-range radio. It doesn't have a lot of the features the M8, 3PK, EX-10 have, but it also doesn't have their prices either. If you only have one vehicle and don't plan on getting anymore (and you've got room for a large receiver) save yourself $50. But if you got the extra $50 lying around, I'd say for sure, go with the Pro...

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

imported_PB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.