Jr radio - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2005, 05:57 PM   #11
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
So... most people think that the futaba 3pk is betther then then JR xs3 pro? just a question just trying to find out all i can before i make a big buy
G1en is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:27 AM   #12
RCC Senior Contributor

From what I know, the 3pk is almost twice as much as the XS3 Pro (assuming your comparing 3pk with synth module.) Now you need to decide whether or not the extra money is worth it... If your a die-hard racer, then I would say yes. If your a basher, I'd say no. But if your a die-hard racer, then look at the M11 or possibly the EX-10 Helios...

The XS3 line of radios are great...

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

imported_PB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:06 PM   #13
RCC Apprentice

the m11 looks bulky and the EX-10 Helios looks good... but i think i'm just going to be bashing and going to the track for fun right now... i don't know if i have what it takes to be a awesome driver :P but i think by the sounds of it the jr xs3 pro well do me just fine
G1en is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:14 PM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor

Originally Posted by TriggerHappy
Personally, I'd buy a synthetic one. If you get one with crystals, you're going to pay $20 per crystal set afterwards and you still have no guarantee that you will have a unique frequency. Going synthetic tuning is the best way to be.
lol, they're synthetic now? sorry kidding

but on topic, synthesized is the way to go, no crystals and its just plain cool too! but don't get the XS3 pro, its a waste of money for nothing more then the regular XS3, the guy at hobby hobby said so even

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:35 PM   #15
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
i have the jr radio in question. Its a quality radio, and a reasonable price. your local hobby shops carry all the necessary parts and upgrades for it to, like smaller receivers and kick-ass servos. hell it even comes with a metal-geared servo for steering! you can't beat that.
The range is excellent, and wave buh-bye to frequency conflicts - you'll never have them again. quickly dial up the freq. on the transmitter, then turn the two little screws on the receiver to match. takes about 45 seconds to switch freq's.
It actually has quite a few fine-tuning features. If you read the manual and figure them all out, you can easily tune your car to drive as you like - slow down or speed up the throttle response and steering response, the end-points, reverse-throw... oh yeah its a 3-channel radio, too.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:16 PM   #16
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Jun
Radio of choice:
Fly Sky GT3B and TH9X
# of RCs: 22

I like the XS3PRO for my personal use and its price range in comparison to the XS3 and functionaly with the higher end radios.

Just a side note. The JR and Airtronics radio equipment will communicate with each other regardless if it is crystral or synthesized based. Meaning the JR crystal base will talk to a JR synthesized rx, Airtronics crystal and synthesize base rx and vise versa.

Honestly though, get the JR synthesized rx's as they are cheaper in price in comparison to an Airtronics synthesized rx if you need more than 1 rx to use with either an Airtronics or JR Synthezised tx's.

On another side note. You can get the Hitec Agressor FM (Module type) and replace the stock module with the DSM Module system. The DSM will automatically dial a channel for you without having to change anything on the tx or rx. That means of if you were to play with a group of people, all you need to do is turn on your radio and it will automatically change channels for you. Even after the fact that another person shows up on the same frequency you are on, it will just seek out another channel that is free without you having to do anything.
I am on the 13th year of my 2nd childhood and I REFUSE TO GROW-UP!
imported_VIPER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.