Thanks For Participating!!! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2005, 09:07 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Thanks For Participating!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Maritime Racers,

This is John from John's Jump & Grind R/C Track ( JJAG R/C ) saying a great big THANK YOU for all of those who bravely disregarded the weather forecast and made it to the May 29 race...especially those who drove from Moncton, through the rain, to make it here.

I also want to say a special thank you to Mike Coady for helping me put the track together while I was laid up with gout in my left foot. I made big piles of dirt with the Electric Ox and a dozer blade but it was Mike that put form and life into those piles with his sweat, hands, rakes, rollers and shovels. I also want to thank my local friend Jeff Vidito who came over and lended a hand putting some finishing touches on the track and who also helped me clean up some water damage.

Once again, the Atlantic Radio Car Club graciously provided professional track timing with their AMB lap counting system...thanks again guys!

I can't forget the "test crew" consisting of Mike Coady, Dave Parks, Richard Ramsey, David Israel and Rick Ryan for putting some laps on the track while we figured out the right angles, lengths and all that technical stuff that makes the track flow when you are driving on it...thanks for sacrificing all the parts that you broke for the track and the hobby

Just to let everybody know, we had a picture perfect day for racing. It was the first day of racing in seven years that I didn't have to water the track! ( I wonder why?... all the friggen rain might have something to do with it! ) Actually, what really helped was the cool, cloudy day that we had.

The track held up resonably well for having 4 rounds of 9 heats on it! ( 36 races + practice time ). A couple of rails took some beating, but that is to be expected as a lot of us don't know how to stay on the track yet...teehee... just kidding.

I had a great time and I hope everybody that was here did as well. I look forward to the next time we all get together and let's all hope that Mother Nature doesn't interfere with the race schedule from here on out!

Keep on Jumpin' and Grindin',

imported_Jagwire is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:18 PM   #2
RCC Apprentice

Thank you too John for having us all over there and looking after us. You and your whole crew were very hospitable and as I have been saying all along it was definitely worth the almost 8 hours of driving. I had an absolute blast! The track was great and the racing even better! I can't wait to get back down there. I'm only doing 2 NS races all year (including the one just past) and they will both be at JJAG because ovals don't really excite me too much. I'd like to make it to more but I've got lots of things to keep me busy outside of the R/C scene so I can't really do much more than that.

It's good to see lots of the people getting active on the boards here. This season is definitely going to be a great one. Thanks to everyone who put in most of the hard work over there at JJAG, I really appreciate it and am thankful that you guys are willing to work for the benefit of us all!! I can't say enough good things about the whole experience!
Chill is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:43 PM   #3
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Michel L

I so wanted to be there John! Too bad details like Work have to get in the way, but i guess no work, no toys! LOL!
Don`t sweath the petty things and don`t pet the sweathy things...
imported_mirage is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:15 PM   #4
RCC Junior Contributor

It wasn't just the few guys who put it together, its everybody! We all did very well in listening to the rules. When we were asked of something, we did it! Like when falling out of course and trying to drive thru the borders, or asking people to marshal for you. We all raced very smart and did even better marshaling.

If it aint yellow, it aint mine.*

*with a few exceptions.
Chris_HFX is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.