Race day lessons - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2005, 09:40 AM   #41
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well,,,,My opinion on 8 per heat......Hmmmmmmmmmm......Tracks are a bit too small for 8 Monster Trucks For sure.

1/10 Buggies?...Might work

Stadium Trucks?...Hmmmmmmmm

Maybe 6 per heat?

Starting an hour earlier?...."Don't eat me Mike!"
rick_ryan55 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:46 AM   #42
RCC Apprentice

I agree with you Geoff. We want to make it as easy as possible on those that do the hard work. This is exactly why I suggested more automation (which maybe is a bad idea ... many people seem to think so) like a buzzer that goes off at 1.5 minutes left and 2 buzzers at 30 seconds. I do NOT envision someone pressing a button to make this happen at each interval. I envision someone setting the 3 minute or 5 minute timer right after the race and then the rest is done by the clock with pre-programmed alarms or warning for everyone (heck I will buy the clock or put a good portion of money towards it ... I don't care).

The more time the volunteers have to focus on their own racing, the better. Any suggestions I made were aimed at reducing the amount of volunteer involvment and yelling. No yelling at all would be ideal. This would go hand in hand with unforgiving start times and drivers all looking after themselves, which seems to be what you guys are advocating. I am also advocating this same thing but because we have growing crowds and new people all the time an automated system would be helpful in my eyes.
Chill is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:51 AM   #43
RCC Expert Contributor

Maybe not 8 Monsters, but 8 stadiums no problem. Would certainly bring out the patience and driving skills...lol Too bad I have none of either....lol

I am just throwing out ideas, trying to stimulate others creative thinking.

Like stated above somewhere, I can count 25 stadium racers off the top of my head, and new faces hav shown up at both races so far. As it stands now, that is 5 rounds of 5. 50 minutes per round of qualifying just for Nitro stadium.

There are just about as many Monsters out there, if not more....another 50 min.

Still 3 classes to look after.........
imported_iflybyu is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:00 AM   #44
RCC Apprentice

patience ???.....He he he he! ....Looks like it's Just Myself & Geoff..LOL

Well,,Maybe we should just wait and see How many arrive at a Race.
Go with 3 mins between Qualifiers according to how many Show then worry about it.
rick_ryan55 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.