Money...... - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
kind of off topic about rc but I notice that alot of people have lots of trucks and there all hopped up and i was wondering were do get all that money? Im 15 so i don't make much
Halo rules

Does anybody else play Halo?

YES millions of my followers haahahahahaaahaha

EJM is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor

im with you man...some of them are either very fortunate or they are like they got the money
imported_VEN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:33 PM   #3
RCC Master Contributor

i just print money, its easier the earning it
imported_nitrocan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:45 PM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: James G

It’s all about where you get your parts. look at GPM the best place to get GPM parts is from GPM I bought a chassis for my savage, advanced had it for 89$ I paid 35$ shipped from GPM,

Not to mention, if you want to get rid of that old RC or the one sitting on the shelf collecting dust, don't sell it for cash, it's not worth it, trade it.

I started out with Micro RS4's I saved some money and used gift money to add all the hop-ups, instead of selling or throwing away all the stock parts, I looked on eBay and bought the necessary parts to build another, I remember some guy selling is Micro was really beat up and could not afford the replacement parts, I bought it off him for 50$ added another 30 and now had myself 2 RTR micros, I did this till I hade 8, then traded them for cash witch was aprox 1/2 of the cars value and moved on to nitro.. Allot of over time weekends went into my savages, and other RC's....
You can drive a fast truck slow, but you can't drive a slow truck fast!

My photo album
imported_lunytune is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:43 PM   #5
RCC Master Contributor

Time and management skills, I'm only 16 but I haver a top of the line ofna buggy and rc18t...I'm not rich, my parents don't pay for anything. I work and bank most of it. Yes most of my friends have I-pods, PSP's, too many PC and gaming systems and games...etc

I have ps2 24 games, Ofna Hyper 7 pro, and a $100 mp3 that holds 100 songs form cosco...Money management skills, gotta learn them.

Oh and one more thing, drive your current rc better so you don't have to spend more money on replacing broken
Hyper 7 pro for sale!
hyper7man is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:58 PM   #6
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

unless u get money given to u its hard so here ya go...

1) off the chron...
2) save it... dont put it in ur wallet... get a saving account....
3) work around the house... go help others in the family....
4) as degrading as it may be... McRaunchies and timmy's pay good.... hell i bag groceries....
Old Beater Sable
ayk_driver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:49 PM   #7
RCC Apprentice

I am 42 and have a decent paying job - but with this hobby I might have to work part time on weekends to support it! Sometimes I am force to believe that RCs are deliberately made not to last so more $$$ can be spent on parts. Heck, its fun though.

Will work for RC
dirtbuster is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:03 PM   #8
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I've bought a lot of my stuff used. Fix it up and run it. The only thing I've bought new recently is an engine.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:19 AM   #9
RCC Supreme Contributor

but now that i think about it, i make most of my parts that look identical to the real money is not a big issue...on the other hand there's always a girl

i just spend a few hours behind the mill and my part is done for a dollar lol (plus electricity but who the heck counts that)
imported_VEN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:08 AM   #10
RCC Senior Contributor

30 years old here and spending wayyy too much on my RCs....having a job and no car leaves too much 'not really extra' cash around.
RCCO - Radio Controlled Crawlers of Ontario

Garage: Baja 5b, T-Maxx, TLT Trail truck, Clod based crawler, XXX-T MF1, Ducati 999R nitro, Mini-T, Micro-T, Hyper 7 TQ electic, and Stick'E' crawler.
venom813 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.