GRC Quebec Championship July 2 & 3 - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2005, 10:47 PM   #51
O'Donnell Racing Team Driver

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
This is what happened with the hotel nobody has been calling since the first of june, so they figured that nobody is going to rent. So the 20 rooms that we had locked down for the event are gone. Because it's Canada day weekend, and are not going to lose money over us, But we did manage to get 5 rooms locked down till tomorrow at noon. Make the calls if you want them now or your out of luck. The women on shift is karine ask to speek to her and mention the race.
agent0075 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:36 AM   #52
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: joe blow

wow what a race... amazing... the grc crew put on a great show... just got back now... congrats to Joe and team TTR for another GLORCS victory... the racing was super tight... a few of the top drivers had some mechanical failures during the mains... the tighterst racing was probably in the B main buggy (which i was in) the top three guys finished with 10 seconds of eachother... considering its was a 20 min main thats pretty tight... congrats to ken from team bellavegas for the b main win... the trophies handed out at the end were by far the best ones yet... and to top it all of there were some GREAT prizes... to top it all off, gigi from team svm crono donated THE FIRST Airtronics M11 in canada as a prize for a second draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... i missed it by 1 number ... all in all a great weekend
Abiye Birku
Tamiya TRF 801x | TRF 511x | TRF 201x
Abiye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:15 AM   #53
RCC Apprentice

Yes it was a great race with great prizes, and a great turn out. To bad for Dave Henry, whom's throttle linkage fell off and his buggy took off breaking the steering linkage. He was ruling the roost all weekend.

Abiye with his buggy got the most amazing air off the table top durring the race. It had to be the highest jump I have seen yet off that one.... I am amazed it didn't break on landing. And he did this a few times... lol

Yeah the trophies were and prizes were great... the cups on the 1st place ones were huge!! And they were heavy too, big chunk of granite or something for the base. I noticed the plate on them even had G.L.O.R.C.S. written on the bottom of it... so that's cool too. And that was a nice prize donated by GiGi from SVM Crono (the M11).

It was a great weekend...

Thanks to everyone!
HE-RO Racing
XB8TQ, L. Collari XS600, Sidewinder 30% Race, Futaba 3PK, & lots of other little extra's
bellevillerc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:34 AM   #54
RCC Supreme Contributor

Cool, I wish I could've went... Unfortunately, all I have right now are three very broken trucks... Sounds like it was fun though!

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:56 AM   #55
O'Donnell Racing Team Driver

I would like to say thank you to everyone that came out to this event, if it wasn't for all of you, it wouldn't have been what it was, and congrats to Joe Parent (really a great guy). Joe is now the new 2005 1/8 scale Quebec offroad champion and picked up some more pionts in the series. Peter Hellmann is the new monster truck Quebec offroad champ and takes more pionts in the series. Great stuff guy's. Sorry about your bad luck Dave, but you still showed us you were a leading force out there. Dave ran away with the TQ and lead the race till his problem happened. Thanks Dave for the kind words at the end I think you touched alot of us that were there, and thanks to Darren from hobbycraft for sending your boy's out to compete, and helping out everybody with problems they might be having with their cars.

I would like to give a special thank you to G.G and Melanie from SVM CRONO for the wonderfull prizes that they gave us to give away, WOW a nice M11 radio, and sending out a good race team to compete.

I would like to thank Corgai from X-RAY Canada for the panther tires and rims he sent us for the give away.

I would also like to say thank you to Aaron Straus for the nice, correct me if I'm wrong here, express motorsports t-shirt to give away.

And finaly Serge of Multi-hobby for the prizes and sponcering us the track.

The G.R.C club hopes to see you all next year.
agent0075 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:03 AM   #56
Alumni Mod
I am: Scott P

Sounds like another succesful weekend.. great news. indeed.. and another win to TTR .. and Team Hobbycraft.. wicked cool... can't wait to see video and pics.. (hopefully not exclusivly of Jaks buggy this time ).. lol..

Congrats Joe, and to Dave, TQ is awesome.. and A-Main champ agian for Joe.. nice job guys..

I really widsh I could have made it, but the good news is.. Open summer for me now.. almos tevery race is booked in.. and in ink.. not just pencil.. lol...

Congrats to everyone.. GRC and to GLORCS..
SUPERD's PAST PITMAN just ask SuperD
Sprucewood - First B-main, 9th A-main
Bellvegas - 4th A-MAIN Truggy
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:50 PM   #57
RCC Junior Contributor

The race weekend was truly awesome! Thanks to Paul, Steve and Darryl for putting on a great weekend! Congrats to Joe on the win and Dave on the TQ, congrats to Mark for placing second too! Abiye - you are a mad man, I didn't know that the S3 could jump that high! But I am glad you had fun and we will be coming back next year forsure!
SVM Crono gave some awesome prizes too, kudos to G.G. and Melanie! Met some really nice people including Aaron and Nick, and lets not forget (edit).....oh sweet (edit)....
Darren Altbaum

[size=1]EB4-S3 w/ Rossi COBRA
STYLUS (w/ 1600 mah Li-Po)
M11 (w/ 1600 mah Li-Po)
kenora is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:06 PM   #58
I am: Joeparent

thanks guys
it was a great weekend..awesome race and run very well.I had a blast, changed my car right before the felt better in the bumps but I lost lots of traction..I needed to run different tires with this set-up ...but was afraid to change because the GRIPS were working so well all weekend.but in the end the JOLLY's would have been much better as Dave's car was on rails with them and had lots of forward traction ...which I needed and didn't have.
If it wasn't for some bad luck on Daves part he would have won and I would have been 2nd...Dave had over a lap on me when he would have been real sweet to have the TTR's finish 1,2,3 but it was not in the cards...and I got my 2nd win in a row.
I want to thank Darren for the support he gives not just myself and Dave but the rest of the racers at the track...everyone is very thankful for it.
thanks to Dave for the great team work that we share, and Arron for the help you gave us with doing some odds and ends , and helping Marshal for Terry.
Terry it was great meeting you and look forward to seeing you soon!
to the Guys and Girls running the race ...AWESOME JOB!!!!
thank you for putting on a great race...I am very proud to be the 2005 Quebec Champ and the reason being you guys /girls are a class act!
to everyone at this race I look forward to next year and hopefully defending my championship(if dave breaks agian....HEHE!! or I get my car as dialed as yours was this weekend)
OH !!!one more thing ...I have already heard romours of Dave and I running a flat chassis for this race because the track was very rough...I would like to put it to bed and say that we were running the stock Delta box chassis and it work very well...I'll post a pic of my car so everyone can see.
thanks again!!

joeparent is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:09 PM   #59
I am: Joeparent

joeparent is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:01 PM   #60
The real deal behind the wheel

Thumbs up congrats

good job joe nuthin like driving all the way there and takeing 1st place hardware all the way have been yet another great ride home congrats...

endler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.