A question to Hobby Craft - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2005, 04:09 PM   #1
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
A question to Hobby Craft

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am wondering how things could have gotten so screwed up with my order. I am missing a big race this weekend because somebody really screwed up. And it has cost me long distance phone calls, extra shipping charges etc etc... here's the scenario, maybe you could shed some light on the situation so I understand. Not placing blame, just asking what the heck happened....

On May 21st I placed and order for Thunder Tiger parts through RC Pitstop in Langley, BC. I checked back often as to when they would arrive so I could make this weekends WCORCS race. June 8th (3 weeks later?) I am told there would be 2 of my parts on back order (2 of the 3 broken parts on the truck). That left me with 10 days to find and have the part shipped to me.

Colin B (local guy you sponsor) suggested I contact Ace Hobbies, as I had emailed a ton of shops and nobody in Canada was able to help. I was about to give up, but I mailed Ace. They said no problem just to call. So I wasted a daytime long distance call to California (all I needed was a $9 center dif mount, I could have made do without the front body post mount) to have them tell me they wouldn't ship to Canada, even though I mentioned Canada in the email. Geez, and you guys couldn't supply the part!!!

I took a chance and ordered the part from someone in England and he shipped it Monday but I didn';t expect it to arrive in time. Then I was told to try Hobby Guys in Calgary. He said he had the parts, and supposedly shipped them Tuesday express, which cost me a lonmg distance phone call again and $16 shipping. well still no parts.

Does it normally take you guys a month to ship stuff out? Or was it my lhs that screwed up and didn't order? I want to know so I can decide whether I just need to use another hobby shop, or get rid of the Thunder Tiger.

I fly Hirobo normally, and when I needed help, I wrote Super Jeff Green in the states, and he always wrote me back immediately, and has sent me (and countless others) parts free in such emergencies.... curious why Hobby Craft never even wrote me back.... yes I am a little choked. This is cancelling me from even giving thunder tiger a chance for representation in the monster truck class in a high profile race(s)

oh ya, the rest of the order arrived this past Tuesday at RC Pitstop.

thanks for any clarification you could provide
Barry Wilson
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:39 PM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
Thanks Darren for contacting me and having such a lengthy conversation. I feel you explained everything to my satisfaction and I now understand what happened. You are a good man, thanks for setting the record straight....

and for the record, I'll be keeping my Thunder Tiger and I will just be careful where I order my parts from next time ....
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.