Very upset!!! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2005, 05:39 AM   #11
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
my wife is a gamer as am i and if anyone was to put her down i would fly over to where ever they are and give them a beat down

trying to get her into that will not happen she hates the truck lol

but still i though we where past the age of women not equal to men
welcome to 2005 where there are equal rights
My Toys

savage ss 4.6 with the LST shock conversion

bdorey3 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:43 AM   #12
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: joe blow

we need to get the ladies involved... far too often its either spend time with your woman OR spend time with your rc... they just need some encouragement to get into the hobby... rc is pretty intimidating for a woman, its 99% males that talk using terms that might as well be another language to her... whenever i can i try to make rc something that me and my girl can do together... for examble this weekend i'll be going to the quebec race and i'll be bringing my girlfiend... she can help me wrench and maybe even pit... there were at the last few races that have their wives as their pit crew... also if you come out for a race you can skip the last qualifier so that you can do something that the wife into as well (gareth's move)
Abiye Birku
Tamiya TRF 801x | TRF 511x | TRF 201x
Abiye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:04 AM   #13
RCC Junior Contributor

Sorry to hear that.

We do need more females racing. We race against one at CRC and she is very good, setup, driving, the whole deal. I have yet to beat her. Anyone who teases them should be tossed. Maybe those who teased her are afraid to lose to her. We also have some racers who's wives/girlfriends pit and wrench for them. They show more interest then some racers. One actually builds the Kit and is his mechanic also (props to vicky). You cant beat that!

I hope she comes back.
ProSeries44z is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:33 AM   #14
I am: Joeparent

I wish my wife would do that!!!
joeparent is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:17 AM   #15
RCC Contributor

Thumbs up

I think we all agree that on many levels, cracking jokes or cat calls or whatever was said is not exceptable and whoever was making these comments should keep there mouth shut. This is a hobby for all to enjoy. Whoever that girl was that came out, I hope she reads this thread and returns knowing this won't happen again.
"My Garage"
Savage / Axial 28
REVO 3.3

Mayhem Buggy 26
Phantom Offshore racer 33"
Blade CX2 Heli
imported_Sledder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:22 AM   #16
RCC Contributor

there always a mild tranquilizer.......wake up at the track...oh hi honey....lokk what i rc track
edited>>>keep'em clean!!!!
rubingolf is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:23 AM   #17
RCC Contributor

Ladies at the track...thanks..........

Big Mac:
I will pass your words and thoughts along to her....She is not checking these forums regularly.

She is still racing on road with our club and looks forward to the Sprucewood Invitational and will be attending to help out and marshall as she always does with our club when she's not running.

As for off road, she's still deciding on which 1/8 scale buggy to buy when she sells her 1/10.

It's unfortunate this happened as she just came out to see the track to see if 1/8 scale would be the next car she buys. She spent the whole practise session marshalling the straight not becuase she had to but because she was there and enjoys the hobby. She has been one of the greatest assets to our club this year with both marshalling and administration (just ask Darren @ Hobbycraft) how nice she is.

I know when a bunch of guys get together the testosterone can flow but lets all put a leash on and be better embassadors to our hobby and watch our p's and q's. Those who have run with MATCH for the past seven years know I am always harping on guys about language as there are kids and ladies around.

Again, she will still be out for Sprucewood and will be there to help any way needed Mac.
zoomroom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:19 AM   #18
RCC Pro Contributor

wow looks like alot of ppl r pissed about this . not to sure why though . these were guys with guys doing a guy hobby and a girl joined in . its the same way when a girl tryes to join in on any all guy activity . i am hearing about equality . well where is it why dose every guy activity have to change just cause a woman wants to join in . b4 she ever came to race i am sure the guys talked about girls and made there noises . and if a fellow friend did somehting dumb everyone would make fun of him . but when a girl joins in everyone has to b on there best behavyor ? its getting hard to b a guy any more . some of u guys act like u like ur woman to b in every part of ur life . when is it time for the boys to go have some fun . i have nothing wrong with girls joining into anything i just hate that everyone things everyone should change everything for them . if the girl wants to join in a male game she should b ready for male actions . i guess everyone of u guys that posted b4 met ur girl by walking up to her father and asked him if u could call on his daughter in the future . maybe these guys just thought she looked good and they wanted to meet her . and thats there way . or maybe they didnt like the idea of a girl moving in on there taratory . who knows . but all this punch in the neck is kinda nuts . i bet u guys dont walk around the city kikking the crap out of ppl for whistling at a pretty girl . so whats makes u think it would b ok in this situation ? well theres my rant sorry about the spelling . i just hate seeing guys being attacked for being guys . we have all done the things ur condeming in this thread . i might not agree with guys harrassing girls that r trying to join in with the guys but i also dont like the idea that just cause ur married it means all my games have to b suger coated and everyone has to take a lesson in sensitivity training .
imported_k1e1v1i1n is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:54 AM   #19
Road Warrior
RCC Apprentice

This lady that we're all talking about could probably teach some of us guys a few things, not just about RC but about good sportsmanship. This isn't about who wins a race or loses, or what sex is driving the RC, it's about getting away from daily routine and stresses and having a good time doing it. With all of us, we chose RC to do just that. Remember its about having a good time, meeting new ppl and learning about RC's from one another, man woman, young adult it don't matter. We can all learn from each other respectfully.
Ego's are best left at home.

My buggy is scratching at the front door, it wants to go out and play.
Mad Max-Inferno MP777 - Novarossi P5
My real cars:
1999 Grand Prix
1980 Special Edition Turbo Trans Am - Bandit

25 Anniversary Countach - k, its on my xmas wish
Road Warrior is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:29 AM   #20
RCC Noob

Thumbs down

This is in reply to number one Kevin. I would just like to say I hope I am not speaking out of turn when I say Kevin either grow up or find somewhere else to voice your opinions. This thread was in response to some comments made to a female at a persons track not at a strip club. This track was designed to be for hobbiest of all nature so if you want to do the hoots and hollars please feel free to build your own track. Mac I hope that I did not go out of turn but I just can't stand people that first of all go off topic and second degrade women when all they and we want to do is enjoy the hobby. Also Kevin please try and take your time with typing its hard enough to understand your ranting, spelling did not need to be another challenge.
A true Canadian is one who can make love in a canoe without tipping
-- Pierre Berton

TS-4E Pro
QuickBeam is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.