New (Old?) Off Road track in GTA... Invitational Only ? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2005, 09:46 PM   #11
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
You can race where ever you feel comfortable Alero..................We're no better than anyone else. Have never claimed to be..................
zoomroom is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #12
RCC Master Contributor

So Why Do You Hold Your Noses Way Up In The Air And Keep Your Track Private? I'd Pay To Come Practice/race At A Nice Track And So Would Alot Of Other People Here. Just A Thought But You May Want O Consider Having Open Sessions So That Many More People Can Enjoy A Track Setting Once In A While.
imported_ICSAM is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:22 PM   #13
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

04elaero, some "tracks" are pretty small deals set up on private property, they can not support large groups of people, some can only deal with a small handfull like 5 at a time because of neighbours, you know you have to keep the neighbours happy or they will complain, it is a lot of work to set up any kind of track and if that situation only allows for a small group then if was open to everyone a lot of people would get very upset if they couldn't go, then even more people would get upset if it had to close because of noise complaints, by keeping it invitation only they can keep the noise to an acceptable level, I have lots of friends with "tracks" but they are kept private because they don't want them to get out of control! I assume you have never built your own track, you should find a spot and give it a try, but be warned it's very hard to find a spot that will not tick someone off. I have known Henry for years and he is not going to have a track that could be open and keep it to himself, I am sure there are other reasons why (neighbours for one) he has to limit access to his "track".
not trying to step on anyones toes, just my 2 cents
TLR, Horizon Hobby,Spektrum,Pinnacle Hobby,Dynamite,CRC,Nitrotec Engines,Michael Lambert Photography
special thanks to Mac for all your help over the years!
Dave Henry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:21 PM   #14
RCC Apprentice
I am: Chris R.
# of RCs: 4

I agree with superd. I have not built a track, but I do know its very time consuming. Would anybody want to spend weeks building a track and open it up to everybody just to have it shut down because of noise complaints. It would be a total waste of time! I shop at ZOOM ROOM and Henry is a nice person to deal with. In the past he has parted out his own MGT for me when he did not have the parts I was looking looking for in stock. How many other owners would do the same thing? None. His track was built for his friends and clients, not the general public. On the flip side I can also understand the anoyance of not having a track to run at. Then out of the blue somebody has opened up a track and its only by invite. That would ---- me off, but there are other places to run. If this is what Henry must do to keep his track open, then so be it. There, I think I have said all I need to.
Monster gt 4.6
SuperVee 27
viper137 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:31 PM   #15
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I'm not speaking of your work Hank.

It would be nice to see some information sharing outside of your community as well. This is the first i've heard of your endevours and I'd be happy to help you support charities.

I personally work with many local charities, organizations, and communities.

I am currently working with CPCL, and Pro Action across the GTA for helping youth. I am also involved in organizations that assist newcomers to Canada in getting settled. I could go on about how I plan to bring youth to r/c down the road but its long, and will bore most.

I'm not attacking anyone personally. I can respect a persons decision to make a track to keep private. However you've got to understand that this year has been a very trying one locally with r.c. In the GTA we've traditionally had a few good tracks going at any one time. This year circumstances have limited that availability. It just is disappointing to hear of tracks that one can't attend. Its also a little disappointing to hear about it via 3rd party. Considering we have tried to make communication with us open and accessable..we try to bring everything under one roof but I suppose the hope was that people would come to us once in a while.

Perhaps you can fill us in on what MATCH is about. It has been asked numerous times but frankly no one has ever responded from the club.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:36 PM   #16
RCC Contributor

I think that warlock meant that to each his other words these guys can build a track on the moon and if they want it private so be there things that ---- you off in this hobby yes ALOT---I have never been in any group type event where there were so many sensitive egos and soooooo many over inflated i innocent NOOO but , If things are run as smart as I think they are charity events are great for the people but lets not forget the new customers that the LHS gets.....its a smart venture in every way...If you hate people that have private tracks then open one up and only invite your chosen guests.....
edited>>>keep'em clean!!!!
rubingolf is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:00 AM   #17
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Jun
Radio of choice:
Fly Sky GT3B and TH9X
# of RCs: 22

Thanks for the support O4elaero but private tracks are just that and there is nothing wrong with it. They must do what they have to survive and support their own just like I have to support our own.

We have been lucky at the Brick and are able to hold a large number of people playing all at the same time being as noisy as possible. Be aware though that I do not hold a permit from the city for that location nor do I have a permission from the land owners to hold Hobby Home's Bash Nights on Monday and Wednesday. Hence, I get worried when nobody picks up the dirt that people leave behind after the day's run or when illegal things happen.

Having said that, it takes only 1 person to complain to the city or land owner and we are out of that location. So let me take this opportunity to instill into everyone's mind that you must adhere to my 3 rules.
1. Check in with me or the frequency board holder prior to turning on your model to retain a frequency clip and make sure it is returned after play.
2. Keep the place clean at all times whether you are there alone on other nights or with the group. Yes pick up that garbage whether it is yours or not so no one can claim that we are littering on the property but instead cleaning it.
3. Refrain from illegal actions and misconduct or you will be asked to leave by myself.

If you are ever asked to leave by the land owner or the LPD on any other day and time, do so without question and smile. Come back on bash night instead and let me know about it.
I am on the 13th year of my 2nd childhood and I REFUSE TO GROW-UP!
imported_VIPER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:01 AM   #18
RCC Senior Contributor

or charged by the police that show up and play or watch us play LOL......remember ther is alot of small kids and familys that come and watch (fire dept ,E.M.S ,hydro ect.) let look good where adults.
helibri is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:35 AM   #19
RCC Contributor

well isnt this fun
edited>>>keep'em clean!!!!
rubingolf is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:40 AM   #20
RCC Contributor

Put this to bed.................

Guys, lets just put this to bed..........................

Yes, I have a private is on private property and it is limited in size.........we have a mobile drivers stand this year until we see where the best place for it to be set up for next year. We plan to grow the track to double its size for next season and set up a permenant drivers stand...........

For those who want info on MATCH it is available at

Why do we keep it private? Simple.......As a club organizer I am an extreme harda#$. Ask a couple guys who have been members in the past (some of them are offroad rc members) and I've kicked out a fair share of people who are using rc unsafely. I've kicked out people who have "mouthed" off to young guys starting out that they should not be on the track with "professional drivers". I kicked one this year over the gender issue discussed in another dead thread. Even kicked my best friend 2 years ago for crossing the straightaway during a race (very unsafe)

I need to be assured that all people running at this track are being as safe as possible and KNOW THEIR LIMITATIONS. Theres lots of people and customers I know who have never been invited because I know how they drive and don't need the agrivation. So, I choose who I invite by merit NOT just friends..........Just because your trigger has full throttle doesn't mean you know how to control it.....................

It's gotta be safe guys.............thats why its private.........if I open it up to the public its no longer a track but a business that I have to stand there an watch what everyone is doing and that turns it into work and a business.

Warlock....the reason I didn't inform offroad rc of the track was to avoid this thread from starting because the track is and will remain invitation only this year.

These are the reasons guys.........sorry but I stick by my decision to keep it private.

Thanks to all those offroadrc members who have supported me in this decision on this thread it is appreciated. Most of those responding I don't even know.

Thanks again
zoomroom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.