track - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2005, 07:53 PM   #31
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
This all started because someone took RCDave's message the wrong way and ran with it. This is the kind of action and or reaction that will in the end close down the track at Crows. Is this what we all want ??? I think not.
It's time to get back on track and stop the B.S. Lets help Dave (Crows) not hinder him and his store. The last thing we want to do is cause problems for the mans business. Lets not forget this is a business and should be treated with respect. After all the man is letting us use his property.

ssracing is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:37 AM   #32
RCC Contributor

Unhappy track

Well unfortunatly all this bickering back and forth as whether to turn the track into a playground for the electric 18th scale vehicles is all for not, as Me and others found out last night (thursday), the owner (Dave) of Crow's was issued a letter of complaint from the city of Oshawa, and until further notice no Nitro vehicles of any kind are allowed on the track until further notice.

While this sucks for those of us who love to run our nitro vehicles there, we have to respect Dave's wishes and keep the Nitro's off the track so as to not get him into further trouble with the city.

Hopefully Dave and his lawyers will squash this letter for us shortly and we can be out playing again soon.

We may have to limit our days and times in the future, but hopefully we will still have a future there.

P.S. A big round of congratulations goes out to Dave the owner of Crow's for what he has provided for us so far, and for looking out for our interests with the city for us.

Just a simple note that if Dave has to come up with money for the lawyer to fight this, maybe everyone who runs at Crow's and would like to see it stay could donate say $25 into a save the Nitro's at Crow's fund.

My 2 cents.

Durango DEX410 & DEX410R
AE SC10 4x4
imported_rcdave is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:59 PM   #33
RCC Noob

Exclamation A possibility

Just wanted to say that if we are looking for a place to put a nice track I might have stumbled onto something. I was out at the Whitby Areo Modeller's flying club on Cochrane St in north whitby ( I live like 2 min away). I was there just to take a look and started talking to one of the club members. I asked if they ever considered having some nitro trucks out there. This member said they would love to have an R/C truck and car club join them!! I was told to get ahold of the club president and start the ball rolling. If you guys have not been out there let me tell you....... LAND LAND and more LAND!! They are leasing it from the conservation authority apparently and there is lot's of room. Not sure how many acres they have but it has to be at least 10. He said that a track could be built on the opposite side of the field (on the other side of a big hill that is there). I am assuming that we would be looking at membership fees as they do have to pay for the land and all the upkeep. There is a small parking lot and even a gate onto the property!! These guys are hardcore and very serious about there club and it seems as though there are a few rules to follow but it could be something worth checking out. I am not sure what the president's name is but was told that you could find it on there website :

What do you guys think? Not sure if this is something that can be done but just wanted to let everyone know. Maybe RcDave or Lunytune would want to spearhead this? I am a VERY busy person who hardly even has time to get out there let alone organize something like this!! Like I said I felt I should at least get this possible oppourtunity out there!!

Thanks and hope to see eveyone on the track (Wherever that may be!!)

imported_Mossimo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:11 AM   #34
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: James G

I sent off an e-mail this morning so lets see what they say
You can drive a fast truck slow, but you can't drive a slow truck fast!

My photo album
imported_lunytune is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:02 AM   #35
RCC Pro Contributor

Thumbs up

that will be great luny,lets hope they do something,but we should be able to ice race at CROWS this winterno one is out doors
everyone start getting ICE TIRES together lol,maybe call michlien for some blizzaks lol
2-Brushless Kyosho Hang on Riders
revo converstion MMM powered
Brushless Gorillamaxx/Lipo powered
Portable Nazcar Track(is here)+ 15 BRP cars

Wizard is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #36
RCC Noob

Cannon Crt

Hey guys im new to this forum..Where is this Cannon court track.. cause ive been lookin around and i havent been able to find it at all and since im gettin a HPI Baja 5b SS id like to find a good place to run it on weekends

Thanks, Vince
imported_Nemesis is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #37
RCC Contributor

Go to Canon Court, park at the end and climb the hill on the east side, towards the soccer fields. There's a dirt bike track at the top, not really an RC thing but could be fun with a Baja I suppose.
rustler_guy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:39 PM   #38
RCC Noob

Exclamation new track possibilty

Hey guys.. out back behind GM and my house.. theres this big field.. its mostly grass and trees/..but im sure if i talk to GM.. they will be kind enough to let us set up a small track.. i know 3 people who usually go in that field to drive.. theres been no noise complaints cause you cant hear s**t all from the other side of the street. all we have to do is run them no later than 9 pm or maybe 10 at the latest because people do have jobs. As i said its just a huge open grass field. corner of malaga and oxford. and then theres the baseball diamond at malaga and glen. i know ive been there with my friend several times. im sure out of the way of the diamond itself.. far out.. we could make a nice track there as well.
I will see what i can do about the GM field though. I'm sure with some talking and convincing, part of the land can be ours to use until they decide to rase it dry or something. If they have any objections im sure it will revolve around the RC cars not being near their production cars in the lots.. but c'mon.. im sure we are all responsible enough not to be idi*ots and drive our rc's in the lot itself.. Besides.. its all grass.. below grass is dirt.. we shouldnt be needing many materials to make a dirt track no?
Old 08-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #39
RCC Noob

so guys... i got the baja ss... its built, tried er out today with no remote cause thats comin in on tuesday... and just WOW.. its screamin for that remote right now lol. we should try to go to Canon Court this weekend comin up. How bout it bunch of people saturday afternoon? on the 30th or 31st. whichever.. but i'd like to meet some of you, you all seem nice and looks like you're all hungry to drive your rc's. just puttin it out there that i will probably be going up unless something happens, next saturday probably noon till i run out of gas around 3 or 4 or so..

thx, Vince
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.