Eb4 S2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2005, 08:43 PM   #1
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
Eb4 S2

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have a question about gearing.

What was the stock gearing for an S2? I have this gear here that is a 46 spur, and I believe the clutchbell is a 14 tooth (I am using a pdf that is european and I can figure some of it out.).

is stock gearing a 46? are there any larger spurs than this? (yes I mean the center dif gear lol)

I ask as I am trying to find some combinations to use my EK4. stock gearing is 14 bell and 60 spur but those tires are huge. I am using lower profile tires so am all torque and honestly extra torque is just shredding stuff if not careful.

I have one truck figured with an 18 tooth clutchbell that goes with a slider (now discontinued) clutch and a 14 slider type. I like these as the bells are much smaller allowing me to move closer. the 18 with the 60 will be awesome, but I'd like to try the other 14 with a smaller spur. I'll get a 46 if that's it, but I imagine there are other gears available to play with.

I love these trucks and have almost 5 now. I'll keep one huge tire freak for bashing with the wheelie bar, but I am racing them now and trying to dial in performance now that I have worked out the bugs.
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:24 AM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Jeff F

As far as I've been able to find out no there is not.

About your only chance is getting someone to custom make you a new gear... OR I just thought... since there is the truggy conversion out for the MBX now, you might be able to see what spur gear is in that? It might work?
The Revolution is Coming...
Currently Racing:
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:23 AM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: joe blow

the s3 has an optional 48t spur and the new truggy based on the s3 will have a 52 (i think)
Abiye Birku
Tamiya TRF 801x | TRF 511x | TRF 201x
Abiye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:50 PM   #4
RCC Pro Contributor

ya, but the S2 had metal gears as options. there were 3 different spurs pictured in this manual, but I have no idea what tooth each one is. running the dominator tires, they are almost the same circumference as a set of buggy tires. the 70 has so much power that overgearing down low won't hurt it.

I am going to swing by the hobby shop today and see what they have available in stock.

so the S3 gear bolts up the same pattern? that would make life easy
Old 08-15-2005, 05:26 PM   #5
RCC Pro Contributor

further testing shows the 18 tooth bell won't reach the 46 tooth gear using the 70 motor. the motor mount hits the driveshaft. I'll use the 18 with the 60 for now, and a 52 would be tight with the 14 but a start.

now I am looking at trying some ofna or other mfgs as well. off we go on the hunt. was hoping somebody knew what those other gears were. oh never mind. I must have another brand. just got word it mounts differently. hmm. I need to go try something else I guess.

in these 2 pics youi can see there is a gear that fits...

this one is better

I got this gear from a guy in england.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.