Everybody Knows That I Am ... - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2005, 05:29 PM   #41
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hahahaha. I don't think the power is the problem guys ... because I ran some pretty awesome races with the stadium truck near the beginning (at least 2) but my driving has just gone downhill ... my setup has a little too I think. Thanks for the suggestions though
Chill is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:13 PM   #42
RCC Contributor
I am: Johnno

Hey all;

i persionally, don't think 4x4 electric buggies are a good idea right now. not only are the buggies themself expensive to buy and maintain, but they also have more drag being four wheel drive, making everyone running them want a hotter motor, better batteries... it goes on.

Like Geoff said ealier on, technology is evolving very quickly. My brushless mini-t can run for about an hour on one charge and assuming i could harness the power, it's faster than most other things to date.

The issue that goes with that, is that we aren't allowed to run LiPo's in anything other than 18th scale. That could easily be changed, but then that brings back the issue of the guy with the most cash winning the most races.
it's a never ending delima, i think.

Jonathan Kennedy
MaxxMaster is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:58 PM   #43
RCC Contributor

well. one thing is that gear isnt everything.

You could be a millionaire and have all the fancy stuff and could still loose. for our tracks around here it is 90% driving skill that makes you win.

Fancy Gear isnt everything. And i dont think we will be running lipos for awhile. If we ran lipos it would mean that a ton of people would have to upgrade their gear.

Just my 2 cents.
I think racing is fine the way it is. I am thinking of bringin the b3 outdoors. Dont worry john, theres more of us buggy guys out there.

XLR8 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:40 PM   #44
RCC Apprentice

I believe that 4wd electric should be able to run with the 2wd electric, and the Truggies with the 1/8 buggy, for the upcomming season.

You can stand back at look at this as a good or bad decision, depending on your view point.

First more drivers, more time, getting home later, etc...
Second more drivers more money for track owners, and possibly a few new drivers will start their own track and we will have more tracks to race on. Hopefully the moncton racing club will continue to grow and a hobby shop open there.

Growth is inevitable, there are a couple of guys in Hampton, NB that started their own 1/10 Electric Stadium track. The exposure that RC racing will be getting next season will be huge. The hobby shop in Rothesay is starting to stock RC parts, an immediate spin off of these guys opening their own track. Their track is too small for us. If I had the land to build a track, there would be one in my back yard, and I would be practicing in the evenings.

This hobby has the opportunity to explode in this region, we only need to gather more interest, and turning people away because they have something different is not the way to grow. Our hobby may grow so large that there will be seperate race days for electric and Nitro. I hope not because I run both, but I can see it happening.

Anyway, growth is good, put aside personal feelings and thing about the hobby.
mooresa is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:52 PM   #45
RCC Expert Contributor

I agree growth is great. But growth in an organised, directed fashion is even better. It is up to us(the racers), and hobbyshop owners and workers, to guide the newcomers in thier purchasing decisions.

The newcomer reads a magazine about the last Nitro race and sees that Truggies are faster than production monster, so they go and order a truggy. Then show up to the track to find out that there is no class for them because there is only one truggy in the area...THis is non-directed growth that won't help the hobby. Just some poor fellow feeling put out because he did not research his purchase locally.

Had he walked into the shop and voiced he desire to race, then he could have been given all the pertinent info and made an informed decision. We are a club that is spread very thin when it comes to racers vs race classes. The best way to help the hobby grow is to point the newcomer in the right direction, not let any vehicle that shows up at the track race.

We had the unforunate instance of turning away 2 vehicles this season. One was a 4 wheel drive stadium truck, the other was a truggy. THis had to be done though. THe club came up with a set of loose guidelines to keep the racing fair (8 long and hard fought days on this board) and I believe it worked quite well. No one on the track this year can say they were beat by another drivers equipment, only by thier driving ability, and that is how it should be.

There have been many a bench racing discussion about where we would like to see the racing scene go. Growth is going to happen. We saw a number of new racers this season, and will see even more next season. 2 new tracks entered the schedule this season, and with that a series was born. THere is muttering of a track close to Halifax (praying, wishing and hoping) and also one in the Mt.Uniacke area.

If one of these comes to realization, that would put us at 4 tracks for the series next year. I will not go into the direction the points series may go next season, as this is not the thread for that, nor is it the correct time to discuss it. We still have to finish the current series and season.

We are dscussing the idea of a 15 minute racing break to allow an exhibition of non-race class vehicles on the tracks. This, in turn, could drum up interest in a certain type of vehicle and a class could be born.

One thing that was mentioned was tightening up the rules, but I don't want to see that happen. Our guidelines are there to allow just about any RTR vehicle in the racing classes to run. THere are fringe vehicles that "technically" weren't discussed or mentioned in the guidelines, but should never have run in the races with the other vehicles. It is up to the racers if they ultimately want to push the limits or not.

In a nut shell, we run 5 classes of vehicles on race day. If one of these 5 does not suit you, then you may want to examine your reason for wanting to add a new class. The racing in these 5 classes is amazingly close and fast. I don't see what can be gained from adding another class, or allowing vehicles to run in a class they are not meant for.

With that, I look forward to the long debates and arguements and laughs that are sure to come when hammering out the points series and what not for next season. I love seeing the inut and interest and thought that is going into the loacl racing scene. Being one of the people that has sunk alot of time into the series in helping it become a reality, It really makes me happy to see the interset get bigger and more involved. It can only mean great things to come for future seasons of racing.

Hope to see you all Sunday,

imported_iflybyu is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.