EK4 Monster any good? - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2005, 07:06 PM   #31
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
EK4..........Tamiya TNX...............2 different worlds

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
The biggest reason that the EK4 isn't as talked about as every other truck (ie Savage, TNX, Tmaxx and Revo) in my opinion is not its durability........I know lots of racers and bashers with them and they only seem to buy clutches...........

The reason it is sometimes bad mouthed and frowned upon is there are TOO many hobby shops selling them and not informing their customers that it is a HELICOPTER engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Therefore, needs to run on HELICOPTER FUEL!!!!

Put the right fuel in the tank and they're rocketships...............awesome power..........just been marketed wrong by the shops that have sold them in the past.............99% of the time I've got them in for tuning issues they are running the wrong fuel.

As for the TNX, not bad, but it still isn't as durable as a Savvy. Awesome race truck (tnx) but so is the Revo and it goes home in a box too. Can't wait for my ST-1. Loved my S3, ST-1 should be just as durable.

For racing Daiwa, hold onto your TNX and save up for your new ST-1. For bashing you've already got your Savvy but the EK4 would be a good addition to the fleet.

As for kenora, of course he's passionate about his product line, but he does product testing himself and KNOW's the issues on his line.

TNX vs EK4...............2 differnet classes in my opinion, one a racer, one a basher, (box to box) of course.
zoomroom is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:28 AM   #32
RCC Pro Contributor

and take any 21 and drop it in and it's hard to tell it from an SUT or any other. you just need buggy mounts.

this is a box stock EK4 with an MGT motor
I am loaning this to a buddy this weekend to race. he is putting the motor and pipe in from his MT. with some tmaxx type tires on ofna rims... now if Wynn beats me this weekend with my own truck, it won't hurt as much lol (not going to happen, but I will put a disclaimer anyway)

and I know I can be antagonistic in my posts too... I just like the term rtr mentality, I will try not to use that as I am sure that just boiled some blood. I'm Irish, (orangeman) so naturally a rebel. no offense guys, I'll be civil.

I just love my trucks and have to defend them. I will soon hit owning 10 of these things, and not many rc's have sucked me in this bad.
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:14 PM   #33
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Jeff F

zoomroom: perfectly said.
The Revolution is Coming...
Currently Racing:
Caster ZX1.5R Pro, EX1.5R Pro, SK10 Pro
Stuck to the dirt by VP Pro Tires
Stalker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:51 AM   #34
RCC Contributor
I am: Nathan

Thanks to everyone who gave there imput. very informative. i am new to nitro this year, and have bought a couple times on impulse, so its good to get lots of info. For the record i put my life in the Zoom Room's hands. those guys have never steared me wrong.

Does anyone have a site that gives some information on the TTR ST-1? I'd love to find out about it.

Currently out of the RC "mix"
daiwa is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.