Which 1/8th Buggy do you have? - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

View Poll Results: Which 1/8th Buggy do you have?
Mugen MBX5 (Prospec or not) 1 1.52%
Older Mugen 0 0%
XRay XB8 or XB8R 6 9.09%
Thunder Tiger EB4 S3 21 31.82%
Older Thunder Tiger 2 3.03%
Kyosho SP1/SP2 or any Kanai Edition 9 13.64%
Kyosho 777/7.5 or older 1 1.52%
Ofna Hyper 7 or 9.5 Series 15 22.73%
Jammin X1-CR 1 1.52%
Other Buggy (Duratrax, Mayhem etc) 10 15.15%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2005, 07:21 PM   #31
RCC Contributor
I am: Chris Persyn

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Don't blame Kyosho for continuing their development...

they had a head start on the market..but the competition seriously closed the gaps.

Factor in also, that for years Kyosho had the largest race program with the most big name drivers....fresh blood came up on other buggies and with the other buggies newer and improved designs Kyosho lost its advantage...

ALL buggy makers need to continue to push the envelope and continue to tweak and develop their cars....

At the rate that things move these days, if you'renot continuously developing and moving forward...you're actually taking steps back....
Team Xray
Team Tekin
RC America
ChrisP is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:19 PM   #32
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

The funny thing is Chris. They still have some of the best drivers in the world. Mark Pavidis, Jared Tebo, Jeremy Kortz, Ryan Cavalieri, Daniel Reckward, Yuichi Kanai and so on. It's a better start to a team than anyone else has. Mugen has the second strongest team. With Chad Bradley, Jason Ashton, Bobby Tillman and Michael Sharwin. XRAY is getting stronger all the time. With Josh and Justin Wheeler, David Joor and so on.TTR has Richard Saxton, Taylor James, Billy Easton and Al Horne.Your right about not stopping development. You will get swallowed up if you stop.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:54 AM   #33
Grandmaster G
RCC Expert Contributor

Thats my favorite saying.."if your not moving forward..your moving backwards"

I cant help but see the BIG picture and that picture is RC is a Business FIRST and a hobby second. Manufacturers take race results very serious.

it begs the question

How much more advanced are the Newest buggies over say the K2??

all the adjustments are pretty much the same............I cant help but think it is marketing.

TTR is only now finally starting to make noise
x-ray is the New Kid on the block
OFNA has Always been underrated.......for the WRONG reasons
Mugen in the past has been Kyoshos nemesis

I still believe Kyosho should have took a run at the 2004 worlds with the MP 7.5 Kanai series. What was the worst that could happen?? they lose?? they lost anyways with their RUSH JOB SP 1.....I cant believe they actually released a K3 for about 2 months.....

The SP1 was done for the sake of $$$....not winning....Kyosho took a gamble and lost......only fix something when it breaks....the K2 was capable of competing aginst the Newest buggies easily.......hopefully mugenman is right and Kyosho will get it right with the SP 2.

My Prediction: The K-Team gets dusted again in the 2006 worlds.....the
SP2 will be short lived.......probably wont even last till the
actual worlds.......the NEW SP3 will be out

Kyosho dropped the ball as far as I am concerned...I would have let the MP 7.5 series LOSE the worlds before changing the design
Grandmaster G is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:06 AM   #34
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

Everyone says the SP2 can be driven hard like the 7.5 series of cars. I would never say that there won't be something new for the worlds. Kyosho wanted to win the worlds with the 777. But it failed misserably. They worked hard to fix it and have with the SP2. Kyosho has done very well with the buggy. But the Mugen is awesome. There have been very few updates. They did it right the first time. The 2006 worlds will be awesome.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:03 PM   #35
RCC Noob

I had a Mugen MBX5. It was a good car but I sold it. I also have a Hyper but that's more of a basher car for me. It hasn't had an engine in it for about a year now.

I have been driving a TTR all season. I really love this car. I finally figured it out at the last race of our season. We'll see what will come of this car and me for next week.
RC GEARS Race Director

Losi XXX4 G+
Losi XXX BK2
Losi XXX JR1
Mugen MBX5
Ofna Hyper 7
Losi Mini T Pro
XTM Mammoth
Losi XXXS G+
ScottMisfits is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.