7th Annual Sprucewood Invitational - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2005, 10:07 AM   #1
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
7th Annual Sprucewood Invitational

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey Everybody,

You probably find it funny that I am already starting to talk about next years race, however with the large number of racers and a great bunch of sponsors to show love to it is only fitting that I start earlier this year to make things flow smoother. As many of you know I started behind the 8 ball with my busted up leg and ankle and I wanted to thank all of you that raced for your understanding. I hope you all enjoyed all the extra practice and all the give away prizes all weekend.

Speaking of practice many told me of problems getting on the driver stand. I guess when the stand will only hold 15 racers and 116 racers show up there are going to be problems. So next year you can start setting your pits up on Thursday and there will be practice all day Friday. We will have the transponder system running all day so you can get your lap times. To make sure everyone gets lots of practice there will be timed practice when the stand gets filled up, broken into this years new 3 classes!! 1/8 scale buggy (no restrictions), Monster Truck (stock 1/10 scale), Monster Truck Unlimites (anything goes). This should ease the problem. Big races I have been to use T-times but I don't like this as you spend all day standing in line. So I am not going to go that way.

My connection for the Generators will only have them till November. So I need to buy them now for next year. My hope last year was to have one GENI for each main winner so with 60 racers signed up I did not expect the number to go past 80 racers therefore I bought only 8 of them. This year I will have one GENI for each main winner. To do this I have to put a limit on the number of entries. So I am going to buy 18 generators, 16 of them for the 16 mains and 2 of them I will raffle off at the two drivers meetings. So
I will limit the number to 147 entries.

Lots of things are being done thanks to the help of Dave Henry and Ron Brott to help make the race run smoother. Personal Transponders will be mandatory to save time when we can not start the next race because we are waiting for transponder to be returned. Last year I caved to pressure on this however when you have 50 - 60 racers it is no big deal but when you get to over 100 racers you have to look for places to save time. Qualifying will start Saturday morning and we have already worked out a quicker way to get the entries into the system. With 60 second lap times it has been suggested to move the transponder loop closer to the start to help also save some time. I have also moved the power and cut down the growth behind the driver stand to relieve congestion in front of the driver stand. These are just a few of the many changes, however a minute here and a minute there will add up when you have 16 mains.

It seems everyone wanted one of the red shirts so this year I will be printing the cool race shirts in RED!! The cost will be the same at $50 Canadian and you will receive a free shirt if you sign up in advance of the race. It is so easy to sign up using Pay Pal that I will offer this again this year.

The no-beer garden seems to be a big hit so it will be even bigger this year with food available all weekend.

The date will be August 25\26\27 2006

More information to come during the next couple of months.

Thank you
David McLean
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:33 AM   #2
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: F.B.

Hi Dave,
Sounds awesome... I'd like to suggest a higher driver's stand, it can be hard at times to see your car with all the elevation changes.
WeatherB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:42 AM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor

When you say 1/10 truck, is that stadium trucks? Or is it something else? Thanks.

Sounds like the race is going to be awesome next year

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:27 PM   #4
RCC Contributor

dang we need pt's. Hmm well i'll have more than enough lol. I got a year to save for 1. Yeh it would be nice to have a bit of an extension on the height of the drivers stand but it also depends on what the track will be like next year. The stand was better than last year so yeh, and what does it mean by "stock" like how will that be determined???
I support Global Warming. Cold Weather sucks.

Mugen MBX5-T W/STS .28
ShOrTy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:56 PM   #5
RCC Senior Contributor

I'm going to make the assumption that he means Monster trucks with a Transmission rather than stock. And then there will be a Truggy class (center diff).

Other than that, everything sounds amazing Dave...

Hopefully I'm not on vacation next year, so I get to enjoy the 7th Annual...

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

imported_PB is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:12 PM   #6
RCC Master Contributor

Wow... this sounds great... I will be at this race again...

cant wait... and I should have a PT by then...
Tamiya TRF501x
Tamiya TRF415MSX
Mugen MBX5R/Prospec
Axial SCX10
Hpi baja 5b
Tamiya Mini m03
26cc 70" phantom boat
imported_rcguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:44 PM   #7
RCC Supreme Contributor

Thank you for the suggestions.

I agree about the driverstand and the couple places you could not see, the driverstand would cost alot to raise even 6 inches as the floor would have to be replaced as it would not come up well. So when I build the new track I will make sure the cars are visabel from everywhere.

How many stadium trucks showed up this year? Were there any. Last year there was only one. I will fit them in. But will any even come out?

Stock will be any 1/10 scale Monster Trucks that have not been modified. Hop up for strength are fine, however aftermarket engines, lower, wider etc will have to run in the Monster Truck Unlimited Class!
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:02 PM   #8
RCC Master Contributor

im in! i will send the money in the next month.

also, does anyone have the frequency checker from....duratraxx?

it would work better then a board.
Moved to air

Current : Align TREX 450 PRO VBAR 4s....fastest 450 in toronto.
Outrage Velocity 50 OS 55 beast!
imported_REVOS5 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:06 PM   #9
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

Originally Posted by Revo_Savage
also, does anyone have the frequency checker from....duratraxx?

it would work better then a board.
i SWEAR i saw one on Ron's computer timing desk at the race.... but a board is still nice seeing at its like 2'X3' and the freq. checker is like 6"X7"
Old Beater Sable
ayk_driver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:56 PM   #10
Alumni Mod
I am: Scott P

Well as far as a checker goes.. I was going tobuild one from a duratrax system.. but life got in the way...

I agree on the cost of rasing the drivers stand.. that would be prohibitive.. Like Dave says.. teh track can be modified to allow better visablity..

I for one am looking forward to next year.. iron out some wrinkles in teh series and all is good.

Dave, do you think you will be part of the series next year..??
SUPERD's PAST PITMAN just ask SuperD
Sprucewood - First B-main, 9th A-main
Bellvegas - 4th A-MAIN Truggy
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.