Hello everyone - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2005, 01:02 PM   #11
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Go to the hobby show in Mississauga nov 4-6 /05 they have wicked deals there

i got the savage SS and a JR racing radio 3 channel digital for 658 taxes included plus other little stuff like gas bottle and a glow plug warmer from Hobby Hobby
I was a beginner with monster trucks also and it has been very forgiving and I cant beleive how tough it is ,the only damage i did was when i hit a pole at full throttle and bent the frame rails ,new ones only cost me 60.00 so yeah I would definetly get a savage again hope this helps
You can DODGE a stream ,Ford a stream but chevy SINKS like a rock !!!!
BigHorn is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:27 PM   #12
RCC Junior Contributor

Check with shops BEFORE you go to the show....most in the Toronto area will cut you a "show" price if you ask them...and you'll actually end up being able to talk about your purchase before you buy on impulse. MY Opinion: I've been going to the Toronto hobby show for the better part of 20 years but this year I'm skipping it....there was more basket weaving, macrame, knitting, sewing and Bunka? than I knew what to do with...I counted over 150 booths and only 9 selling anything to do with R/C. Compared to even only five years ago..it was LAME. (OFFROADRC.CA display not included) I realise I'm sidetracking this thread, so I'll shut up now....I guess what I'm saying is "The R/C scene in Ontario ROCKS but the show does't reflect that!!"
To finish first....first ya gotta finish!
PitMan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:30 AM   #13
Grandmaster G
RCC Expert Contributor

I agree with the PITMAN......I remember back in the mid-80's when KYOSHO had a booth!!!!.....I bought my first RC in 86...a KYOSHO BIG BRUTE....it was BIG at the time..but I will never forgive myself for not buying the TAMIYA MONSTER BEETLE.

The RC show back than was awesome.......now it is weak...very weak..

The organizers of this event NEED to get Manufacturers back on board.....you would think that the BIGGEST city in Canada could host the BIG Hobby Show.......but no......I see better booths at Flea Markets in Florida.

wheres the TTR booth??..Kyosho booth???...HPI booth?? etc etc......at least TAMIYA shows up......proving once again why they are a world leader in sales.

Hopefully the show will regain some of its lost lustre.

Offroadrc.ca does a good thing locally by setting up a booth and displays and even this years mini-track........but in the end...its the MANUFACTURERS who make the show......the organizers need to get their heads out of their Ass

Hopefully this years will be better..........the deals are good..but not that good.........
Grandmaster G is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:27 PM   #14
RCC Noob

i have a 1/8th scale monster truck forsale.. the engine has sooo much compression i hardly used it cuz i always used my evader cuz it had warrenty. i never broke a thing on my TQ but i do have lots of spare parts.... i will sell for 300 cash firm... rtr... the only thing is that it needs a stronger steering servp to move the huge tires... and it needs some body posts... they are like a couple bucks or u could even make them.... or if your going new get a revo or a savage iv heard great things about them....
nitroevader is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.