wave - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2005, 07:24 AM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello guys, I'm new to the site. I heard about you from the Hobby show, I had the pleasure of speeking with a couple of Mods on friday. I'm from Courtice. I'm just getting back into RC bashing from a 15year absence. When i was a kid I had a Tamiya Falcon that I loved to kill in Scarboro. I picked up a Tamiya DF02 RTR for 200cnd, I'm now fixing it up. Have the aluminum dampers and the Yeah racing Hop up kit coming in 14days. My next upgrade might be a Novak SS system and ditch the factory fun.

Just wanted to come say hello before I become a board troll. My favorite RC memory I had as a kid was constatlly helping my buddy fix his Tamiya Fox.

Do Tamiya's get laughed at alot?

Salany is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:29 PM   #2
RCC Apprentice

I hope not, since that is all I have at the moment.(also a Falcon) I have been out for many years as well, and my lack of a new car is primarily why I have never made it out to Crows. I have to admit I like the vintage, but I am really getting the itch for something new. Especially after seeing the guys running at the show. The trucks sure take a beating, and the Losi XXX looks like an unbelivable buggy. Someday I will upgrade, but for now I am having fun getting my four year old son involved. (He was the one at the show on Friday who kept saying "I want that one" to every truck that the guys drove near him.) So first it will be a beginner monster truck for him, and maybe something for dad next year.
imported_wilrayca is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:48 PM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor

look at the venom mini giant, or same truck under different names, for your son. they take a serious beating and are a cool 4X4 truck. it is 1/18 scale. they had one at the lhs to use for demos. we watched kid after kid try it on the carpet track. they hit walls and the boards constantly but after months it had never broken. the jerks that broke into their store stole it or I'd bet it would still be going
and when he wants something different daddy can add the gws gear reduction and make a sweet little rock craler

you can find an rtr kit for about $150 cdn
(buddy bought 4 of them and has been modding one like crazy).
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:18 AM   #4
RCC Noob

Your parts come in you put it all together nice, thinking yes I'm done, of course that isn't the case. The Yeah racing hardware it came with isn't standing up to my beatings, plus add the speed coming from the ss5800. I'm really liking my old plastic parts. He are some pics. This coming week i'm going to have to find some stronger hardware for my parts.

Fighting the never ending battle:

Salany is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.