Here are some pics of the covered track for 1/18 scale I started. It's under a bridge - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2005, 09:59 PM   #1
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
Here are some pics of the covered track for 1/18 scale I started. It's under a bridge

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well it is looking more like a track. Special thanks to Kev and Sam for dropping off the pipe used to outline the track. as we get more of the large stuff, and finalize the layout, we can torch the shape and connect them. The center will change a little next time I go out. instead of another chicane it will be a long sweeper with a double double jump. this will allow us to line up better on the small jump before the tabletop. I drove a couple laps on it as it sits. I cleaned up most of the grass and took a lot of crap out today.

First lets show the track layout. I am standing on what will be the drivers' stand to take the pics to give you an idea of a drivers view. The stand needs a lot of prickles claned up though. That in a moment. Okay this is left to right from the stand... the straight will run right in front of us and chicane at the end, this should make an interesting corner at the start of races, but we can line up around the corner before the straight.

This is a pick from me standing on top of those concrete slabs at the end of the track in pic 1.

These are pics from the other end

Now here is where we need some help guys, I can't do this part myself. This is where the drivers stand will be. those concrete slabs like at the end of the track are in here as well esxcept running with the track widection and 2 wide 2 deep area (there is more behind but if we uncover that much we can stand on those or toss a sheet of plywood over it and call it done. one isn't vey high but how high do we need for micros lol.
now after we clear the prickles, there is one half slab in front I'd like to move out completely. if anyone has a sledghammer even, bring it along so we can take this out. and if you have a machete or gas hedge trimmer, gas weed wacker, scyth etc. help us out and do some hacking. I was going to go at it with a hook blade carpet knife but it was dark when I ran (and I deleted the vid as it was dark)

and for a little fun, here is kev doing a lap on foot with the camera at rc level

to follow up. the dirt needs to be packed down now and a few of the smaller rocks either raked or swept off. we will change the center section slightly this week. then we add a few jumps and pack those down well. Last is to clear the driver's stand and it's good to go.

enjoy folks
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:06 PM   #2
RCC Contributor

Thumbs up

wondering, is that your land or city land or private land? Cuz' it looks really good but would suck to get shut down for trespassing. I really like it!
Poy [Mark] - HPI Electric Mini RS4 w/2spd and Novak SS4300
Tokzynus [Matt] - Ofna LX Comp - Force .26 [turned truggy, FG Marder wannabe' ]
BigWilly563 [Will] - TC4 w/19T Reedy

AnthonyXP [Anthony] - Losi Mini LST | Tamiya TB IV
On my mind -
Drifting, nothing but sideways action! Come get some!
imported_poy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:38 AM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor

well it's city land. the pipe was donated by the street crews (sam and kev are flaggers) and the trucks are going to dump some dirt there for me hehe. some clay. next door is a small wrecking yard. the guy lives on the property. he came over and talked. I showed him my rc18mt and he was really interested and stood around to talk a bit while I worked.

It's for micros, electrics. it's all industrial. you get used to listening to the trains after a while lol. it's dry and too small to run anything nitro on.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:39 AM   #4
RCC Pro Contributor

Here's what I figure we can do to change it and allow future expansion easily. hey I whipped this up with paint so live with the artistry. I was in a hurry.

Okay here's the color codes

Green is jumps,
Red is borders
Purple is banking
Blue is elevation change
Yellow X circled is where I figure corner marshalls should be.

Okay, the sweeper corner will continue around but straighten slighlty to allow a triple double jump. A rhythm section is fun to work with. this also sets you up better for the next jump and the table top. We can line up from the table top forward. the corner at the end of the straight will allow a better flow at race start. Right at the end of that first corner it will be a drop off into a banked sweeper
. the other end will have some bank to it as well to carry speed into the straight stretch.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.