Hobby Show 2005 Thanks - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2005, 11:27 PM   #1
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Hobby Show 2005 Thanks

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'd like to just take this opportunity to say thank you to all who volunteered, and attended this years Hobby Show. It is the only show if its time in Canada that I am aware of. We will continue to push for the organizers to see the importance of RC as part of this show, and the continued growth (and takeover =) of it.

I hope not leave anyone out when I say my individual thank you.

First off thanks to the other 4 admins. We worked together to put together some of the ramps and sets. Special thanks to Marc and family for arranging and covering the Tables, chairs and skirting. They looked great, and made the OPS people wonder what had happened.

Spond hands up you did a great job. Scott was the mouth piece of the weekend, and did a mighty fine job of running the audience through what was being seen and done.

Chewy, Brotherdirt, Abiye, Steve Thompson for coming out on Thursday and helping set up the set for the weekend.

Brotherdirt did a spectacular job on the rock crawling setup. This spawned a great deal of conversation. You will now see what we have started a new crawler section due to the anticipated interest in this area. Glenn even arranged at his own expense to get set there by renting a truck. Thanks Glenn.

Thanks to all who volunteered there time (in some cases the whole weekend)
Terry, Curtis, Abiye, Chewy, Toby (and parents Jeff and Emilia), SpeedyGonzales (and parents sorry I didn't get your names.) Andrew, Steve Powling, Steve Thompson (our photographer) James (lunytune), Char, Brotherdirt, Sabrina, Graham (venom813), beyond the pack, and the other admins.

Jakfrost for designing and running the 18th scale mini track brotherdirt and Sabrina as well for keeping it going) Many a youth now new RCers thank you for giving them a chance to experience RC in a controlled environment.

A special MVP goes out to Abiye..(you know why) also for having the hands and mental strength to guide me through a diff rebuild on the RC18t. Thanks Abiye.

Without your support we could not have made this happen. The professionalism and good spirit was observed by visitors, and will undoubtedly reflect wisely on our hobby.

I would also like to thank Plantraco (www.plantraco.com) for donating two sacrificial blimps to the cause. This was their first visit to The Hobby Show, and hopefully it was worth their while to return. We really want a piece of that little Butterfly. (next year!!)

Thank You to Ted, and the Hobby Show people for allowing us another year wrecking the International Center. Just when you thought you'd heard the last…the 2006 Hobby show planning will now start. Let the emailing begin.

I'd like to say I had a great time. I've still worn out from this weekend. I can not express my gratitude and thanks to everyone who took personal time away from work, family and responsibility to be apart of this event. I was glad once again to meet and put faces to people that we talk to every day. Thanks to those who helped support our calendar by buying one.

I big shout out to the GRC gang. They made the trip all the way from Quebec to visit our show…and all I can say is WOW. I am impressed.!.

Thank You to Hi Performance Distributors, who kindly brought over a brand spanking new Nomadio Radio to demo. They also brought over a helicopter for us to jump. A venom Helicopter. I think we should bet Abiye to let them try and land on his head again. Chewy almost ate one of them.

It was a fun weekend.

Luny….364 more days to go buddy. Start Planning now. Your storage center has inspired me to get back into the woodshop. I like your style!.

Thanks to Tom from Hobby Hobby for sponsoring the area.

Thanks to all once again. (If I forgot to mention someone I humbly apologize..)
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:23 AM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Hobby show

Well guys, as you know I was out there manning the tables and assisting where I could last weekend. What a blast !!!
I had a great time meeting alot of members, and I have to say I learned alot.

I took several hundred pics, of all areas of the show. I will be posting some of them in the gallery over the next few days.

Warlock and the admins should be congratulated for their personal sacrafices that they made to get the hobby show demo up and running. This was no small task, and I know took up a vast amount of personal time and expense were contributed in making this years show a success.

To everyone that assisted in any way, you should be congratulated, as it is great people like yourselves that will help grow the hobby in Canada.

ChickenMan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:06 PM   #3
RCC Contributor

great set up

you guys had some good crowds around during your shows
hopefully even if just half of them get into the hobby

the only thing i found odd was the bug hobby shops where running out of stock on the Saturday and as time progressed the prices where going up insted of down. when i was there on friday the LST was at sports rc for $569 when i returned saturday it was at $579 and just 5min after my nephew picked one up they raised the price to $629. whats up with that.

too bad not many members came out to the 2000 party , seemed like a great bunch of people there having fun. especially flaming mo with the high fives
Love My
Savage 25
2 Mini T's
Hyper 10 Street Car
XXT Buggy
imported_ilbthr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:17 PM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: James G

I just want to thank all the admins from offroadrc to allow me to show of my stuff, and for putting on a great show. And most of all allowing me to hit the roof *HaHaHa* I had a real blast, this year was way better then last year, I actually left with ally my cars intact, I actually made a stop on my way home to run some more *L*, thanks to Abiye for helping me out with my battery issues....

And its now 361 more days to next year, and I feel the need for something in the lines of a twin mamba maybe even a more crazier aluminum savage say um.... well I guess you will have to wait till next year to find out

Again thanks to all the admins and Hobby and volunteers
You can drive a fast truck slow, but you can't drive a slow truck fast!

My photo album
imported_lunytune is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:44 PM   #5
RCC Master Contributor

I would also like to thank the admins for letting me go there. It was the most fun i have had in a while and could do it all the time. I am super excited for next year and am planning on what to bring.

Thanks to lunytune for helping me out with my rc18t steering and my savage turnbuckle and my steering on my spektrum.

Thanks to abyie for helping me with my savage, the soldering and everything esle. i cannot rember the other fellows name that was helping me solder and i feel dumb about it.
Lunchbox (mamba max 5700)
rc18t (mamba,3s lipo)
trex 450s CF
imported_Taylor is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:55 PM   #6
RCC Senior Contributor

I am glad that I could help out and look forward to helping out next year, if you want me that is..... I am already thinking of ideas for the display.
RCCO - Radio Controlled Crawlers of Ontario

Garage: Baja 5b, T-Maxx, TLT Trail truck, Clod based crawler, XXX-T MF1, Ducati 999R nitro, Mini-T, Micro-T, Hyper 7 TQ electic, and Stick'E' crawler.

venom813 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #7
RCC Expert Contributor

<SPAN style="COLOR: black">I would like to thank the admins for letting me come and play! and to enjoy my new electric team addition 18t with the MAMBA!!!. It was a great show and i had the opportunity to meet some of the people that I talk to one the forum.
what's nitro

rc18t with mamba (blinged?)
speedygonzales is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:37 PM   #8
Glenn Garrugia - Brotherdirt

What a Riot!

Boys, I sure am happy that I got to be a part of this. I had a blast seeing all the kids that had never run an R/C (that wasent a crappy radio shack jobbie) run the r/c18t's we had for them to play with. I would also like to thank my girlfriend Sabrina for helping out and being a good sport and not trying to land any of her famous backhands!

Thanks for the opportunity to spread the word of the R/C gods and the memories that will last a life time.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:49 PM   #9
Flaming Mo
RCC Master Contributor

★ Site Supporter ★
I am: William
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 2

I have a few words for everyone that helped out............

high five!...............
Sea Air and Land
Flaming Mo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:01 PM   #10
RCC Contributor

Any video footage from the hobby show that u guys are going to post up????
Baja 5b 2.0
Caster fusion Ex-1
Miss geico
imported_Nitro_mt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.