Differences - Tamiya - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
On Road RC For nitro & electric on road rc racing

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
RCC Master Contributor

Total Props: 0
Differences - Tamiya

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Can Someone Please Tell Me What The Differences Are Between The Following:

Ta-03f Pro

A Huge Thanks In Advance
imported_ICSAM is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:32 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor

tao3f-pro: f stands for motor in front. Pro means its a Pro version with upgrades like carbon fiber upper/lower chassis plates,oil shocks, full bearings throughout, front and rear sway bars and more. The motor in front really keeps the front end down and the weight of the motor keeps the front tires glued to the ground for outstanding cornering. I know cause I have one...did I mention that to you Lui?? LOL

The difference from the tao4r and the tao4 is the tao4 is an upgraded version with more hope ups like carbon chassis......I think.
imported_RC-SUPERMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:06 PM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: David L

Ta-03f Pro = A piece of history. Collectors value? Nil unless it's a TA03 David Jun edition still seal in original plastic shrink wrap. Shrink wrap must not be torn or have tape/price tag residue and box art not faded in color. Not trying to start a fight here with RC-Superman, but the car was good, only for it's time. The CG was way too high and the drive train had a lot of drag.

Ta04 = 2nd latest generation of tamiya's racing tub chassis. However the regular Ta04 sucks and requires a lot of hopups to get up to speed and handling. Plastic chassis with no droop settings, gear diffs, dog bones with plastic drive cups. I think the SS is short wheelbase (different susp arms) and has ball diffs? Still plastic chassis, dogbones and shocks, etc..

Ta04pro = a very deceiving car. Carbon fiber chassis yes, but it's not the good stuff(not the came carbon fiber you see on TRF414's, 415's or Xrays, etc). Plastic nonthreaded oil shocks, oh, and the CF chassis actually has higher CG than the slotted R tub chassis!

Ta04r = Hop up version of the Ta04. The plastic chassis has been upgraded to a graphite tub that is more rigid and allow the use of droop screws. Carbon fiber upper deck. TRF threaded aluminium shocks, tuned springs. Full bearings, ball diffs, universal drive shafts, aluminium spur gear holder with cf plate, front and rear sway bars, graphite 2degree toe in rear hubs, aluminium heat sinked motor mount, etc, etc and etc.

Ta04trf tuned chassis = further hopped up R car which is good but not for everyone. 2 conditions; you need to get the one with the tub chassis cause the CF one sucks even though it's the right CF, and 2, you need to be a driver that drives one-ways and on a oneway happy surface and layout and motor/batt/tires.

How do I know? 1 Ta03 David Jun edition with the best of every hop-up known to man from Japan to Hongkong to US and Canada; in perfect shape but sold for 1/3 the price of an untouched unbuilt kit. 3 TA04R's. 1 sold, 1 for sale, 1 I still race.
#1 ranked offroadrc badminton player
TEM is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.