GS Storm...Good? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #1
imported_tfhughes_28
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
GS Storm...Good?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey guys,

I am wondering on your opinions of the GS Storm. I have a chance to buy a roller for, what i think, is a fair price. It needs one front C-hub and the steering block (i thinks that's what it's called) to match (part that houses the bearing that fits inside the hub). Would this be considered a semi-competitive buggy should i decide to follow you guys around this summer? Right now i have the Duratrax Axis (stop laughing cuz i love it...lol) and another 99% complete buggy for parts. Would i notice a huge difference between the Axis and the Storm...when using the same engine ( i plan on picking up an OS RG or something similair this spring). I'm not looking for an all out race buggy or anything like that...just wondering if the Storm would be a decent step up from the Axis. If any of you have the Storm and wouldn't mind giving me your opinion that would be great. I know Vernon (New Glasgow Oval track) has the Storm but i have not seen it in action enough to remember.

Maybe i should just keep the Axis with it's STOCK Torq .21....if i could take a few of you with it.....i'd have a Perma-smile for a month....lmao. Let's hear what ya got to say. Try not to "diss" my Axis too bad....lol.

"You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."
imported_tfhughes_28 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
mother
RCC Apprentice

I am: scott r

i have a gs storm buggy for almost a year and nothing has busted yet. i had a gx21 in it and put a 24.7 in near the end of the season. it rocks. i am very happy with the rig. good luck, Scott
-v one rr/cv12
-tc3/13 turn
-ta-0313/turn
-ta-02 rally car
-m03
-t-maxx/2.5r
-1/8 G.S. storm/24.7
-f201
-1/8 kyosho motorcycle
-2 electric drag cars
-mini-z stock
-mini z f-1
-gas/gx21 and elec skidoo
mother is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:25 PM   #3
XLR8
RCC Contributor

yes they are good.
the ready to runs are bout 425 right now at the shop i do believe.
wel also have the .21 rg's. none in stock right now but they are normally 200 bucks.

they a goodd decent engine. not very powerful but a controllable engine. ifi were you id put a mach .26 in it. they are not high end but are the best bang for the buck. 160 bucks new. and they haul.
XLR8 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:57 AM   #4
MaxxMaster
RCC Contributor

I am: Johnno

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8
if i were you id put a mach .26 in it. they are not high end but are the best bang for the buck. 160 bucks new.

LOL you told me novarossi-quality whan i was trying to decide to keep my Mach .26 in my maxx.. I guess i was smart not to believe it and make my own decision back then, heh?

For anyone out there thinking about one, it IS a great engine..

Johnno
MaxxMaster is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.