**lions Club Community Services Are A Go** - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2006, 05:43 PM   #1
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
**lions Club Community Services Are A Go**

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am so very happy to announce that for the first time in the history of the Sprucewood Invitational WE will be able to give back to the community. After lots of letters, town meetings and presentation at their club meetings I finnaly got the Lions club on board. The Lions club normally does not hold any events during the summer however they are so happy to be involved with this event they are making an exception.

They are pulling out all the stops by bringing out there 45 foot cooking trailer to be able to cook great meals all weekend long. All the profits will be going to the Lions Club that is presently building a play ground for the children, helping the elderly and looking after those less fortunate on welfare that can't make ends meet. It is great to take a passion that we love and at the same time help others.

This support will also go along way in helping place our hobby in a great light. I have spoken to the town, the newspapers, the mayor and they all love what is being done. We are going to see an increase of spectators and I am looking into charging a nominal fee to spectators to all go to the Lions club. To make room for more spectators there will now be viewing on the far side of the track and doubling the size of the No-Beer garden. So tell all your friends\family and give them the date Sunday Aug 26\27 and tell them to mark it on their calendars .
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:58 PM   #2
RCC Contributor

Good stuff................

Nicely done........we've been very happy at MATCH last year with the support of The North Newmarket Lions for their first year of sponsorship with the club.

They broke out the big BBQ for our Canada Day invitational, all proceeds for the race went to Southlake Hospital. Along with each racer bringing a non-perishable food item for the local food bank.

They supplied all the trophies and this year want to offer even more to the top attendees in each class at season end. They also have excellent relations with various branches of local government.

Having attended a couple meetings and speaking with them on a regular basis you couldn't have picked a better charitable group to become associated with.

Again, thanks to Lions everywhere and nice job Mac.
Currently running:

Team Associated RC8/Jammin .21
Tamiya 801xt
Tamiya Tamtech Porsche
Tamiya Tamtech Frog
Tamiya F350 Hilift
zoomroom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:38 AM   #3
Flaming Mo
RCC Master Contributor

★ Site Supporter ★
I am: William
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 2

More good news!. This race is turning into a biger deal...
Good job to all involved.
Sea Air and Land
Flaming Mo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:29 AM   #4
Alumni Mod
I am: Scott P

Well Done Dave.. good work indeed..
All this hard wirk will be paid back in dividends Im sure..

SUPERD's PAST PITMAN just ask SuperD
Sprucewood - First B-main, 9th A-main
Bellvegas - 4th A-MAIN Truggy
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:05 AM   #5
RCC Supreme Contributor

Thanks for the input, however I can't take all the credit. I have been working steadilly over the last 7 years to make a better event each year, however it is the support of the racers and the website that has brought everyone together to allow this thing to grow. It's the number of racers that makes companies want to donate prizes to get the best exposure for their product. I myself at Sprucewood have enjoyed great successes from the support of racers when looking to aquire a new vehicle. In fact I delivered another one last week to a participant of last years race.

We have all had out petty differences and some times let politics bog us down but lets all sweep it under the carpet and charge forward to make the RC racing in 2006 the best one ever!!

After all (with the Lions Club on board) it's for the kids!
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:38 PM   #6
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #7
RCC Contributor

Thumbs up

Kudos' Dave and great news on having the Lions on board at your event. Like Henry said, you picked a great embassador for chairty groups, the Lions are greatly connected with the communitee and will help make this hobby (sport) grow for all. So looking forward to 2006
"My Garage"
Savage / Axial 28
REVO 3.3

Mayhem Buggy 26
Phantom Offshore racer 33"
Blade CX2 Heli
imported_Sledder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.