Update - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2006, 04:41 PM   #31
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey guy I think all should be in one calss as well. Also 1 qualifer on sunday.
Can/West R/C Team Driver
RCXPRESS Team Driver
Podium Finishes
Vinyl FX ~ Custom Paint Masks & Decals
Donny55 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:49 PM   #32
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
ok, so how bout this.

1/8 buggy scale unlimited

MT unlimited
Truggy unlimited
Both run seperately where possible but when run together the points and standings are calculated sperately to allow for two seperate standings

Question - For you transponder system owners. With current software could you run 1 race but divide it into two classes so your score would tabulate it like two races? ie: if you ran mt and truggy together is there a way to seperate them so there is a 123 for each
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:51 PM   #33
RCC Expert Contributor

i think rather than trying to work out the rules for seperating classes, why not leave it alone, keep the same rules as last year, and then make the changes for 2007, to me its too late to be making major changes, and it would be better to concentrate on getting everything prepared and ready for the start of this year,

but for qual length, 7 min is a bad number because some cars can go that with no stop, and others can't, i think 6min is a better number, then everone can make it without a stop, but you get the slightly longer run, with how close everyone is running now, if you make a bobble your run is toast anyway, to make the A you have to basically have a perfect run, so length of qual doens't matter in that respect,

also you have to have a qual on sunday, this doens't apply so much to me, but i know alot of the guys with wives and kids, can't be gone all weekend every other weekend, its not fair to them to force them to be able to be there for the saturdays, like was said, thats just hurting the series in my opionin, if the sunday morning qual starts at 8-9am, rather than 11-12, then there is pleanty of time for it, the biggest thing for most tracks is eliminating mercy minites, they dont help anyone, and just waste time, how often does the person we wait for actually get a complete run in anyway? not very often, if their car wont start for the scheduled time, more often than not they have bigger problems, i know it sucks missing your qualifer, but it happens, get ready earlier next time,

anothe rthing that will end up eatting up time if we run the MT's and truggy in same races but seperate points, is i can gaurantee you that that will cause computer issues somewhere, it will be like suprucewood last year where the guys wern't completely familiar with the system, and when they had problems they didn't really know how to fix them, keep it simple for now, i dont think the series i s really big enough yet that we need to be spliting all the classes up,

i also think that it should be manditory that over a period of time, that all the tracks that host an event use the same scoring program, i know that causes issues because everyone has different stuff, and how do you decied what to use, but i think it would streamline everything, and make it easier, that way when there is an issue, there will be more people at the track that know how to get it fixed, and we wont waste an hour of the day sitting around, even if there is a laptop that travel with the races with the stanard program on it, that can be used,

another thing i think should be manditory is that sunday registration be done at the gates, that way guys arn't out chatting, and practicing, and then they forget to sign up, and go do it at the last min, if its done at the gate, then that gives the computer guys lots of time to get everything set up, and we have lots of time for a qual and the mains,

another thing i liked, was the idea of having everything on a database, i think that would help speed up computer time, and we also have a year points series behind us, why not use that to help set up the qualifiers? that way fast guys are with fast guys, and slow guys are with slow guys, its good info we have there, why not use it,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:52 PM   #34
RCC Expert Contributor

oh for the program question, i know J-lap you can run two races within one, Sammys does it all the time with nitro and electric 10th scales, not sure of the other programs,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:10 PM   #35
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

Who is paying for the software for the series ? The best software is http://www.rcscoringpro.com/. Hands Down. His cell phone number is in the software. 10 minute qualifiers is cool. If you can make it without a pit you save time. It can be done and has been done. This should a great series this year.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:13 PM   #36
John Bakker
I am: JB

1/8 scale is fine how it is.
People who want to qualify on sundays only ,should have to pre register.This way they will be in the system on saterday
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:10 PM   #37
RCC Supreme Contributor

That's a good idea, if they're coming on Sunday they obviously have it planned anyway, well in most cases...

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:31 PM   #38
I am: Joeparent

there should be qualifing on sundays...but I think you should have to preregister on this forum before the weekend of the race and let the race director know you will be there on sunday only.
that extra 1 round of qualifing means alot too some guys that end up having some bad luck on saturday also.
keep the 1/8 as it is as there will not be enough guys to make 2 divisions.
as for MT it should probably stay the same too as there will only be enought to run 1 class in that too...I do realize the truggies have a advantage...but what are you going to do until there is enough for both..it is Unlimited.
joeparent is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:07 PM   #39
RCC Contributor
I am: Chris Persyn

That's part of the point of longer qualifiers 7-10 minutes.....it also tests your pit strategy...which WILL be a factor in the mains...
Team Xray
Team Tekin
RC America
ChrisP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:43 PM   #40
The real deal behind the wheel

ifmar starts are good i agree....the way ftr does it and the sprucewood race did it i dont have aproblem with...but we do have to flow thru qualifiers thats key to a speedy race program..

the only reason we had issues with time at the finals is because of a late start and a few delays..the numbers also played a role in that too but mostly it was delays...there will be delays computers fail stuff happens just so happend that they happened during a race with the biggest numbers....oh well this year we will be ready

as far as a sunday quallifier maybe in the rule book or a common ground decision maybe limit the quallifiers to saturday if the numbers exceed 70...80...whatever we feel is just them run a short (meaning a qualifier the same length as the previous day etc 7..10 minutes whatever) for the late comers that never got a qualifier in on saturday (timeing disaster maybe..but none the less fair) the late comer is paying full pop to come 2 days late without any track time or practice sitting in the basement of the qualifiers only says one thing to me...that basement sitter wants to RUN! we should not turn these types of guys away honestly the guy who can only make sunday (because of family work wedding or whatever) should be catered too..

if there is a novice class it should be at the drivers discreation...or if say you dont finish top 40 maybe the winner of the novice get the opportunity to bump up to the top 40 or expert class? its kind of a messy deal but some guys wanna have a novice class...i say come out run better yourself have fun and end up where you end up...maybe if tracks get doorprizes the smaller ones(not like them generators!! wholly door prize batman!! you rock dave lol) reserve them for the winners of the mains 1st second third all the way to the bottom...i can see the rookies getting discouraged with the same guys walking out with trophys every weekend...thinking ill never be there! well i got news for ya wheather ya want to listen or not i started there and i just worked hard....freedom hill 2001 I officially sucked i was in the 2nd last main!!!! any new guys looking at this seriously...feel free to come by my pit and ask i dont hide anything from anybody..just look for the tent with the broken leg that'll be me lol maybe ill get a new tent this year so look for the Xray banner!!

monster is simple like fuzz said diff or gearbox... have registration stateing what kind of truck youre running that way we can figure out which scoreing bracket you would go in...

endler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.