Update - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2006, 03:31 AM   #41
The real deal behind the wheel

Total Props: 0
truggy and monster truck scoreing

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by bobf24

anothe rthing that will end up eatting up time if we run the MT's and truggy in same races but seperate points, is i can gaurantee you that that will cause computer issues somewhere, it will be like suprucewood last year where the guys wern't completely familiar with the system, and when they had problems they didn't really know how to fix them, keep it simple for now, i dont think the series i s really big enough yet that we need to be spliting all the classes up,

really running them all together with seperate points is of no issue at all..you wont even notice any difference...weve run the 4wd biggies and 2wd buggies for years at SPARC (that was much much worse than what we would be doing here) at least some mts can keep up with some truggies...2wd buggys most of the time never had a prayer against a 4wd but the points were seperated without a hitch..it has nothing at all to do with the computer but whomever does the scoreing for the series has a bit of seperateing to do and thats after the race has transpired...

example truggies finish qualifying 1st thru 3rd an mt qualifys 4th that mt gets tq for the class of mt and obviously the truggy gets tq for his class...really its a quite simple non issue....

about the expert and novice really from my experiances....i used to run on road at larrys in michigan...he had a rookie class for club nights...for major events he sometimes never had one(depending on amount of rookies)...now that does two things....helps speed up the process for large events and lets the novice race on a less busy club night in his own class...good and bad..now the novice doesnt feel he should try the bigger event...the novice racer is the future of this hobby/sport he or she should be catered too but should also understand at large events that they are welcome and encouraged to run in have time constraints due to large numbers and no matter how it does sort out there will be a main for them to run in (comfortably) at the speed that they have qualifyed with..it is possible to bump up and better yourself which is very exciting whereas if you win rookie class in a group of 20 or even 15 guys maybe even less your racing ends there?? why end there...keep on truckin thats what i say?? no?

last but not least for all the expert or so called pro drivers sponsored or whatever these guys are all here to help...if they are not helping and make you feel like you are also part of these wonderful events you also have a voice... speak on it! you'll be surprised at the outcome...do not be intimidated enjoy this series lord knows i have ...all the ups and downs and all the conflicts ( i dont mind the odd conflict lol) i had a blast all season dont miss out! you already did if you missed last season! this season will be much more exciteing ill bet my bottom dollar!!!

Lets race!
Lets have fun!!
Lets have the best GLORCS series ever!!!

Rick Endler

endler is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:26 AM   #42
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

Originally Posted by ChrisP

That's part of the point of longer qualifiers 7-10 minutes.....it also tests your pit strategy...which WILL be a factor in the mains...
Chris well said. I completely agree. I could get 8.5 minutes a tank with a Crono RS5. I know that could be increased quite easily. I also was able to run a RB WS7 for at least that long. No problem. It's all about carb settings, clutch set-up, pipe and a throttle control. You can also limit the throttle opening. There are a few other things you can do as well.

If any of you are stuggling. Please ask for help. We are always willing to help.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:45 AM   #43
RCC Expert Contributor

just some food for thoguht,

if you do the math, figure you get 2 min of warm up before the race, and 1 min after the sceduled race time to finsih your lap, if you run 4, 5min races, that adds up to 32min of runtime ((2+5+1)x4), now if you run 3 7min races, thats only 30min of runtime((2+7+1)x3), so running the longer race you get less run time, plus you wait longer between runs,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:07 AM   #44
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

5 minute races are for electric. 7-10 minutes should be the standard. Why not 4x7 minute qualifiers. There is lots of time if done properly.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.