is it true ? (exhaust Q) - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 03:59 PM   #1
imported_gremlin_390
RCC Expert Contributor

Total Props: 0
is it true ? (exhaust Q)

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
is it true that for a .32 engine i will need a new, special exhaust for it ? I was told that i cannot take my .25 pipe and run my Collari .32 with it. I already need a new manifold for it because the outside diameter of the exhaust port on my HPI S-25 is bigger then the Collari .32. maybe thats a sign to buy a new exhaust ?

thx
imported_gremlin_390 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:30 PM   #2
Pipeous
RCC Pro Contributor

I just changed my motor in the ST-1. the header had a bigger diameter than the sirio. I just got a different header coupler. that's all you need.. just get a thicker one.

as for the pipe. the pipe is for tuning. the stock pipe will work but you might find better performance from a better pipe is all. for about $5 you can use what you have until you get a different pipe, but that header will work.
Pipeous is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
.justin.1191.

you will need to change the header but pipe should work.
.justin.1191. is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:52 PM   #4
imported_lunytune
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: James G

I was told the S-25 pipe is not even good for the K-46, but was also told you could use it but you would lose performance

My photo album
imported_lunytune is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #5
imported_gremlin_390
RCC Expert Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeous
I just changed my motor in the ST-1. the header had a bigger diameter than the sirio. I just got a different header coupler. that's all you need.. just get a thicker one.

as for the pipe. the pipe is for tuning. the stock pipe will work but you might find better performance from a better pipe is all. for about $5 you can use what you have until you get a different pipe, but that header will work.
i tried a thicker gasket but the port is so close to the starter its not even funny (2.5mm i measured) therefore the S-25 gasket doesnt even get on the engine. so i must get a new manifold for sure. but if i got a normal .21 pipe, would it be good ? or is there something specifically for a .32 ? (because i want to go 2 chamber instead of my factory Savage SS .25 ribbed single chamber)
Old 02-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #6
endler
The real deal behind the wheel

ill help you out...

ofna makes a good thick exhaust gasket/coupler but i think the trick with the collari .32s is use 2 stock size gaskets (double them up)

as far as a pipe goes try stock first if the stock pipe doesnt work good enough then post that again here and ill point you in the right direction to get your collari screaming like mine

so you have a collari .32 and its in a stock savage with the ribbed aluminum pipe..i know changing the pipe will make a difference depending what you want most from your truck torque or rpm gearing also plays a factor even though the collari would pull any gear selection lol... www.werksracing.com will have info on a .30/.32 specific pipe

TEAM DURANGO
TEAM GREAT HOBBIES
www.greathobbies.com
endler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:41 PM   #7
imported_gremlin_390
RCC Expert Contributor

endler
i have the stock pipe from a Savage SS .25 which is the single chamber ribbed aluminum pipe.and like you said "the collari will pull any gear selection" i really wanted low RPM torque but from what you said, i believe that with a high RPM pipe, it will still haul @$$ off the line. so i think that i will be looking for a mid-high RPM pipe for it.
Also, with the stock manifold on the collari, it will not fit no matter what because the center point of the manifold will not line up with the center point of the exhaust port because the starter is so close to the port. Unless !!!, maybe if i grind the bottom of the manifold down, they might line up, the the only thing left to fix is the gasket. hmmm would that work ?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:58 PM   #8
endler
The real deal behind the wheel

i think i remember another person grinding the manifold a bit for the savage install....i think youre trying to say that the flat(on the manifold) is in the wrong spot right? its too bad that savage has a right side exhaust or it would probably be ok.... also keep in mind usually the longer the pipe the more torque youll get the shorter the more rpm...i think the collari pipe will give you more torque than your stock exhaust as well as rpm...probably an equal...since the pipe is pretty much made for your engine...id imagine it would be hard to beat all around...that truck is gonna haul!!!

TEAM DURANGO
TEAM GREAT HOBBIES
www.greathobbies.com
endler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:26 PM   #9
imported_gremlin_390
RCC Expert Contributor

http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc024622xm.jpg

thats my problem. A thicker gasket would not solve the problem because you can see that the manifold is touching the roto-starter and therefore cannot be lowered to line up with the exhaust port. but now that i look at how thick the flange on the manifold is: i dont think i can really grind it down at all. The gasket on the exhaust port looks like its the same size as the "manifold to pipe" coupler on my 1/10 touring car... ?
Old 02-13-2006, 10:45 PM   #10
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor

I am: sir rcalot

isnt there a manifold that is made for that engine? one that will fit the engine properly?
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in