2006 Glorcs Discussion - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2006, 07:09 PM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Id make the trip to sammy's twice easily. Same with sprucewood but that's close by (for me) so it's not as good of a comparison

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:25 PM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor

I'll go to all Canadian races (races in Canada) unless Canada finds my citizenship app.
imported_VEN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:57 PM   #13
RCC Junior Contributor

we at glenwood just feel a bit slighted . i believe we put on a great event last season , a track with traction that just wouldnt quit , alot of very nice trophies , and 2 days worth of giveaways . plus a savage ss kit . true , the that track is no longer there , but the new track and facility will be and is every bit as good , if not better . also , i believe there would be more new york involvement if there was more than 1 track on the itinerary in new york . we will continue to support the series to our local guys , just wish we had a chance to be on board .
bellinger is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:03 PM   #14
RCC Apprentice

any chance in getting a race in may
Can/West R/C Team Driver
RCXPRESS Team Driver
Podium Finishes
Vinyl FX ~ Custom Paint Masks & Decals
Donny55 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:20 PM   #15
RCC Pro Contributor

Originally Posted by benny55
any chance in getting a race in may
they had a race slated for may last year!

there is 3 races in june alone they need to find out who is gonna hold the finals and that track should give up there qual. race dates! the way is planned now we are adding a whole nother weekend in to the mix and after all the finals are gonna be the big money maker for a track!!
c-low74 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:22 AM   #16
The real deal behind the wheel

what about action or full throttle?

i think full throttle and action also ran a great race...as well as sammys and even sprucewood...weather/computers and unforseen issues can make or break a race...i think we should all just put behind all that who runs a better show stuff...stuff happens that was last year and old news ( a dead horse ).. i respect what the organizers are doing for this series and as long as we got a series lets run it and sort through mistakes as they come.. whatever happens with who gets the final will be announced soon im guessing and i have confidence in the offroadrc guys that it will be done fairly...coming from a rep from a store ultimately i would like action to have it they are still relatively new and they would build from the cash generated by a race like this...but if their number doesnt get picked oh well we are all blessed with one series race each lets make the most of that privaledge thanks to the organizers....good job accomidateing tracks with dates and putting in the work...for the glenwood track try contacting warlock or fozy and try to get an earlier date? like i said that would be good for you guys to have them close together i think...plus get them out of the way...thats just my opinion whatever happens ill go regardless! see ya in tha dirt!

endler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:17 AM   #17
RCC Expert Contributor

my personal preference, i would like to see sammys get the final, because that would elminiate the FTR and sammys race back to back, as it sits now, i cna't do two races back to back like that, and there is zero chance of going to FTR over sammys for me, and i've always liked going to FTR thgouh, but as it is now, i wont be going to their race, plus it would also give me 2 weeks between FTR and quebec,

i think having those two races back to back, which would probally be two of the biggest races, is just going to hurt both, less guys from the london area will be able to go to FTR, and less guys from FTR will be able to go to sammys, i think its an issue worth looking at, i dont know if its possible, but maybe FTR could be bumped a week or two forward, or like i said, take the sammys race out and give them the final,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:28 AM   #18
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron Ally
Radio of choice:
Z103.5 & Flow 93.5 toronto
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 2
Thumbs up Raffal Sounds Good

Originally Posted by c-low74
very well put!

everybody should get a shirt for their first paid entry!

bellavegas,nobody wants to make long trips back to the same track twice! plus a single track shouldn't be holding to big money races for the same series. the raffel idea is a good one, as long as the tracks that held the finals in the past are left out till every track has held the big race! then start over again
I AGREE RAFFELS SOUNDS GOOD AND FAIR this is for new tracks and ones that hav'nt had them yet sound fair to me.just my input thanks and take care.
tefflawn is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:19 AM   #19
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ryan Mckay
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

I just want to know who says that the final is $50??? It doesn`t have to be $50 it can Be $30. LOL

Mybe all track`s interested could come up with a proposal of what they could bring or add to the Final. The offroadrc group could then pic the best event for the series. You do need different tracks to host it but not because the want to make the ($50 per entry) because they want a chance to put on a great show and help Grow the sport! A track then hosting the race would sit out for 3-4 years then be able to re apply.

Every other weekend all summer is tough and back to back is going to take some real @$$ kissing with the wife. It wouldn`t bother me if we ran may to september. The Oct race at FTR was fantastic. let just pull out the silicone and mud tires
What ever happens I`m ready to race. LETS GETTER DONE!!!!
Woodstock RC
TnT Costumz http://www.tntcustomz.com/
Owner / Operator of The BarnYard. 1/5 outdoor, 1/8 out/indoor, 1/10 indoor, Dirt Oval Racing.
fuzz86 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:54 PM   #20
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I regret not locking this thread the minute I posted the series.

The rules etc will be posted later.

The final has been drawn. (Yes we used a hat) each year the final will be moved to one that has not had it. We have drawn a location for the final.
I will reviel it once everything has been finalized.

We have gone to great measure to evaluate and make the rules fair to better the season for everyone. Obviously we can not make everyone happy.

The schedule was delayed over 4 months from our intended release date.

No one has been slighted. Brian check your pm and call me. This is not the place for this discussion.

I will open a room for suggestions and public discussion shortly. However the rules for 06 are almost completed. There are a few discussions coming to conclusion, following this a rule book will be disseminated for all to see.

Lets be positive. Season two for the series is going to be underway shortly.

I can not wait.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.