Glorcs 7th Annual S-i - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2006, 04:02 PM   #1
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Glorcs 7th Annual S-i

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
King RC Park

Friday August 25
10:00am-6:00pm Open Practice

Saturday August 26
8:00am-8:30am Open Practice
8:45 am Drivers Meeting + Prize give aways
9:00am Three rounds of Qualifying
Sunday August 27
8:00am-8:30am Open Practice
8:45 am Drivers Meeting + Prize give aways
9:00am Mains

A main Truggy + Buggy - 45 minutes
all other Mains - 30 minutes

King Township
Schomberg, Ontario
Will email a map with your registration confirmation

Brand new Gas Powered Generators for the winner of each main.

Best looking body contest for MT, Truggy and 1/8 Scale.

There will be Many - Many prizes from all our wonderful sponsors!

Alta Nissan
Colonial Chev
DRCC Drivers Radio Control Canada
Hobby Home
Hobbycraft Canada
King Headz
Nike Canada
Pinnacle Hobby
RC Car Magazine
Sprucewood Leasing
Venom Racing
XRay/Hudy Canada
XXX Main
Zoom Room
and growing

Name: __________________________________

Email: __________________________________

Frequency #________ #________ #________

Personal Transponder #__________________

Shirt size: S___ L___ XL___ XXL___

Extra shirt size: S___ L___ XL___ XXL___

$50 Canadian

To encourage racers to sign up early there will be a free red race shirt for anyone registered and paid by Aug 1, 2006. I will not be printing any extra race shirts so sign up TODAY!

$10 table\tent rental (provided and set up)
$10 for every extra class
$10 for an extra shirt

Send Payment:
Pay pal and my email:

Or make check payable to David McLean and mail to:
16420 Concession 8 Schomberg, Ontario Canada L0G1T0

You must have a personal transponder

# of minutes for Qualifiers will be based on # of racers

Miss Qualifying and you start in the lowest main for your class

more info regarding classes in the GLORCS thread

Please pre register

No refunds - Race will go rain or shine

Any un-sportsman like conduct and you will be asked to leave

Please take your garbage with you

Racers are responsible for any friends they bring on the property

I need volunteers to help me run this race, so if you are interested please email me.

I will not limit the number of entries.

Since my first race in 99 the Sprucewood Invitational has been steailly growing from the 18 racers in 99 to 116 racers in 2005. Along the way I have had to learn many things about running a race and most of the lessons have been learned the hardway.

I am happy to announce that this year we can give something back to charity. The Schomberg Lions Club will be cooking food all weekend and all the profits will go to the Lions club.

The track will be closed to the public till the race weekend to allow everyone a fair chance at winning. The track is all new, bigger, wider, longer and has lots more jumps. There is a new 40 foot long single to a tabletop jump right in front of the NO BEER GARDEN.

My MX roots are showing. By making the track 40 feet wider it has allowed me to put in a starting pad with a forward falling starting gate. The gate will not be staggered, but fall all at once.

I have experienced with 2", 3", 4" black and white tubing and then I came across a new pvc product that I have used to outline the track. I think it looks great and the cars ride along it rather than bouncing off it. It should be less prone to break or crack.

During open practice on Friday if the driverstand becomes to full I will split up Monster Truck-1/10 scale and Truggy\buggy into 15 minute practice sessions. You will also be able to get your lap times as I will run the transponder system all day.

There will be FREE camping available at the track to help those who want to save some money by not having to stay at a Hotel.

Last year was too hectic when cars came in for fuel so I have doubled the length of the pit lane to make it easier for refuelling. There will also be acces behind the driverstand.

I witnessed this first hand at FTR and it just plain works better and saves time. The start line is also closer to the transponder loop to help also save time.

If you have any questions or comments post a thread in the King RC Park forum and they will be answered.
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:13 AM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
I was thinking last night and I would hate to see anyone left out from the race because they do not have a personal transponder. I am not changing my ruling however contact me if you want to race but do not or will not have a transponder. I am going to see if I can get some loaners from some of the racers that have an extra.

I would like to see an undertaking by the GLORCS series as well in trying to get some sponsorship to help get some rentals that could be rented out at a reasonable price. Maybe they could do a bulk order like I did last year, that way they are much, much cheaper!!
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.