Canadian online store??? - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #41
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor
I am: sir rcalot

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
well recently i noticed that hobbyhobby is one of the best stores around. i ordered something wednesday it came in saturday, thats less then a week! the price difference from amain was 2 dollars on one thing and 1.50 on the other. thats way less i would have payed for shipping and customs. i also noticed most of the things they have are like that. prices might differ by a couple dollars here and there but in the end you get what you need now and its still cheaper then if you were to ship it.

but some things i see there are still way overpriced but they are small things which can be gotten at other stores.

galaxy is an awesome store too, guaranteed 1 week part orders and they have tons of parts in stock and they are the small ones you cant get anywhere else.
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #42
RCC Junior Contributor

Hobby shops in Toronto

Here try this link
Taqrin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #43
RCC Contributor

I've seen this before and obviously a lot of effort went in to making this but it is a little out of date as some of the information has not changed in 5 years. It's good to see that there is this much hobby activity in the GTA.

Originally Posted by Taqrin View Post
Home of the RadioControlMonsterPatrol
Proud Sponsor of RCTV

Rare R/C Parts

Give your vehicle the ULTIMATE RACING edge!
ROGatJOHNS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:06 PM   #44
RCC Contributor
I am: dmaindonnie
# of RCs: 5

Thumbs up Much Hobby and the MRCC Crew

Try I buy most of my gear there. Patrick and the crew are great! Thanks guys!! They have an online catalog with shipping/pickup options. If you can't find it on this site, email Pat. He'll get it!! Prices are in Canadian dollars
"D" Main Donnie
08' Tamiya TCS R.O.Y.
Immersion RC Vortex/Pro 250
1/5 4wd MCD FT-RR5
SensoryOverload is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #45
RCC Senior Contributor

Derry at Galaxy Hobby is a great guy his prices are competitve and his sevice is awsome . The people who run the Kyosho on road cars know that not very many shops carry parts , Derry brought in a whole wack of comon parts for us (only 3 or 4 V one RR racers) thats the reason to support the LHS . As for mail order ,even just coast to coast . stuff gets lost , wrong parts get shipped etc.... if its a part you need to run or to make it to the next race event odds are you will be S. O. L. murphys law, if the price is low odds are somthing bad will happen and with most 3rd party shipping packages marked fragile or do not bend etc.. will get bent or thrown in the back of the transport . kits are a differnt story . every store have almost the same prices on the brands they sell most . There is a store east of the GTA that stocks a lot of Kyosho parts for a great price . I raced with Dave Henry at a Dark nights event , he was the only other person with a V one R and he turned me to that shop
-Losi 8ight
-Team Associated B4

-HotBodies VE8
-Team Associated B4.1
-FT Team Associated SC10
imported_tire_tec is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #46
RCC Noob

FX Racing Hobby for top notch nitro stuff !
Steve Killeen
XRAY XB8EC + GO Engine .21 7 ports
FX Racing Team: Forum / Blog
imported_canuck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #47
RCC Noob

Ordered from Tower Hobbies Question...

Hi guys, this is my first post, I think I have the answer to my question but here it is anyways.

Silly me I was in a rush to get my RC8RS RTR ordered, and got it from Tower Hobbies, I never thought of duty charges and its already sent, I shipped it via USPS, other than GST&PST do you guys think I am going to be hit with any dutys for this item?

magical is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:13 AM   #48
thrash metal
RCC Supreme Contributor

re duties on your rc8

trust me you will get nailed for duties on your rc8.

it will be based on the value of the package and then lets not forget that once it crosses the border canada post handles the package from there so you will also get soaked for their "handling fee"

for one lipo battery i paid 37 bucks in duties ,taxes and a canada post handling fee. and the purcahse price was only 100 bucks.

better be prepared to pay man. lol
thrash metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:08 AM   #49
RCC Junior Contributor

Oh you all knew this eventually I had to say something.....

Well as for lavish lifestyle....I haven't even been out of the province in years let alone 10,000.00 vacations. I drive a used vehicle and pack a lunch each day.

As for "jacked-up" prices, well every shop needs to make what they need to make to pay for their expenses, not every rent amount, employee wages, utilties etc are the same. Compare overall, not two items! Maybe there is a store with one-two employees, maybe they are huge and can buy items at a bulk price!

I do take great pride in running Pickering Hobbies because we give fair prices, and great customer service. But in addition we also : Ran a charity race for Cancer( influenced by my deceased father and currently by my mom who is also terminal), hold R/C events like "Ignition" where we help showcase several aspects of R/C like a show-n-shine, obstacle race, info booth, on-road races with a driverstand, and a BBQ.; hold additonal on-road & off-road races with prizes- for free!, and support our local tracks and some not so local tracks with donations. As well we now have a local team we sponsor, HYBRID.

So my point is this...when you do shop local these are also things you support. We of course are not the only shop to hold events, I know some others shops do. But its not always about how much money it costs to put these things on but the time and effort someone else takes to help support and continue something that benefits you.

True enough the bottom line is if all we get is the occassional glow plug sale, then we will close. No point in working 7 days a week to make nothing. An easier life would always be to pack it in and get a job elsewhere, but I'm doing what I love.

So this year why don't I ask the on-line stores for donations to the clubs, ask when they are planning on holding events, and see if they will sponsor some of our local drivers.......keep this up and that will be your choice!

I am speaking on behalf of myself, Heather at Pickering Hobbies.
Thanks for 22 years of memories!

(905) 831-8487
PickeringHobbies is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:54 AM   #50
RCC Noob

Very well said Pickering.. Support your LHS!
snapinator is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.