1/8th Buggies and the War! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2006, 08:11 PM   #11
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I thought this year in the MT class everyone was going to have a Hellfire or a Thunder Tiger truggy (sry can't think of the right name). So far I only know 3 people who have CRT's and I'm one of them.
Droid is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:13 PM   #12
RCC Contributor

Well said Crusher and I can share that experience as 5 of us were bashing tonight (true story) 3 guys savage 1 TNX 1 Revo The guy running the TNX ran into an obstacle ops dog bone gone and there not the same as our savages, so he was done for the night. Prime example of why guys run the same truck
"My Garage"
Savage / Axial 28
REVO 3.3

Mayhem Buggy 26
Phantom Offshore racer 33"
Blade CX2 Heli
imported_Sledder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:16 PM   #13
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Bill N.

Originally Posted by POWLING
I think that there is something wrong here in Ontario. the 1/8th buggy class has a problem.....DIVERSITY! every race i go to its TTR VS XRAY. the odd time i see a Mugen, Kyosho, etc but its still sparce. i think people need to open their eyes and see what else is out there. the 1/8th class is booming now with almost every company coming out with a 1/8th chassis. i knowi own an S3 and i like it, but after this summer its going to be time to upgrade to something else. i realize people get kits becasue of the parts supply in shops, but by jumping on the bandwagon, its not helping sell the other kits out there. shops get in parts for whats popular, but who is the person who says whats popular or not?

anyways my rant for the day, haha
Yup that's why I decided on the XTM X-terminator. Good reviews, decent price and awesome performance. Hop ups are decently priced although hard to get. I can't wait to lay a whooping on some of the more expensive buggies

Chequing Account Factory Team Driver.
Proudly sponsored by debt and taxes.
Speed Metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:24 PM   #14
Resident complainer

jamie-yes that is true, but with everyone running an S3 or an XB8 we might aswell be calling them T-Specs or the "S3/XB8" class not buggy
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:46 PM   #15
RCC Expert Contributor

last year was my first year running 8th scale, and i based like 80% of my choice on parts support, for me its soo easy to get TTR stuff, i can have it next day if needed, or even drive there and pick it up if i had to have it same day, since it was my first year running buggy, i knew that i would break stuff, and wanted to be able to get parts quick and easy, and like was said, its mostly driver and set up, you can set any car up to run good, some take more effort than others, but they can all be set up good,

that being said, i think after this year i mgiht start looking at what else is out there, since i dont break nearly as often as i used to, parts support isn't quite as big of an issue for me, i'm really liking the looks of the new losi thgouh, i think i could do good with it,

and like donny said, sammys was all mugen and ofna last year, (jammin, 9.5 etc..), i was the only TTR regular there, and there wasn't any regular xrays there, i think everyone thinks its all TTR and xray out there, but i dont think its nearly as biased as everyone thinks, (for ontario as a whole, some areas are very biased), this year might be different thgouh,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:58 PM   #16
RCC Master Contributor

this year, the st-1's will be showing the CRT's whose boss
Moved to air

Current : Align TREX 450 PRO VBAR 4s....fastest 450 in toronto.
Outrage Velocity 50 OS 55 beast!
imported_REVOS5 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:01 PM   #17
Resident complainer

yes thats all true. and yes some areas are biased. i was basing my facts on the GLORCS series becasue that is mainly what i raced in. i know thats bias for basing facts on, but i was going on what i saw.
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:12 PM   #18
RCC Supreme Contributor

Powling you should write to RCCA, they give away prizes for writing things like this Really though, I like the advantages of the bandwagon thing with parts, but I hate being just another person with the same buggy. To tell the truth that's the 2nd reason that I keep my SUT, it's different. The first is of course $$$$$

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:01 PM   #19
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Ron P
# of RCs: 120

I just bought my first NEW 1/8th buggy and this will be my first year racing 1/8th buggy. I chose a Kyosho SP2, because I wanted to be a little bit different, although I don't know how many SP2's are out there, they don't seem popular and I know they are more expensive, but I think Kyosho is trying to change that and make thier stuff more affordable and available...I hope so! I also love Kyosho, I have 2 Burns and several other Kyosho models,my last "new" Kyosho was a Turbo Scorpion, followed by an OptimaMid, so I partly bought just for the "name". Also to me they are sort of the fore fathers of 1/8th scale buggy racing. They really used to promote 1/8th buggy racing it back in the early 90's with the Burns and to me the "first" 1/8th buggies were the Land Jump and the Vanning
Rattlesnake Speedway
Vintage r/c car collector

Ron Prinzen
Ron_Prinzen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:52 AM   #20
The real deal behind the wheel

xray ttr class

Xray and TTR class eh?? sounds alright lol least everyone will be faaaast just playing guys eeesssay......i like to see different buggies too and with mainstream manufacturers like losi and horizon-sportwerks and even associated from what weve been hearing itll make it easy for someone to buy a car and have decent parts support as these companys definately have their crap together and parts arent hard to get for their other cars and trucks also....should be interesting this year...last year was all ttr a few crono and 1 xray guy then 2 xray guys at the end of the season now there are a few more of us xray guys...great support excellent car gotta say if i wasnt a part of a team my car would not change...well whos gonna take the new exotic buggy challenge on...should be an interestng season

endler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.