The Back Alley outdoor track open..... - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #1

Total Props: 0
The Back Alley outdoor track open.....

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey racers,

Thanks to all for coming out this weekend. Although the wind was still a little brisk it was a Great day to be outside enjoying the sport that we all love. OUTDOOR racing has returned to the Back Alley.

As you already know, the BackAlley track is larger than the indoor area and it allows for the lanes to be wider and more forgiving. This season I’m going for even more flowing tracks than I did last year. For the newer drivers a slight mistake doesn't mean that you hold a “board meeting“. Yet for the fast drivers carrying all the speed into the corners, it will still challenge them, as it did on Sunday.

It was good to see many of the carpet electric racers convert to the smooth asphalt of the outdoor track. In the 1/10 OPEN TC there were a number of new drivers moving from the indoor slower classes and had great fun in their own heats.

The fastest class this weekend was the OPEN 1/12th. Wow, can these cars move. Now running the modified motors, these drivers were showing how to control incredible speed yet last the 8 minutes required on the four cells. They kicked butt with an exciting A-Main finish.

With the return of the spring come the NITROs. This year we’re trying 10-minute qualifiers. I have always pondered, that after 2-3 minute warm-up it seemed silly that we only let them run for 5 minutes. With this extension the nitro drivers will get even more time on the track as well as practice their refueling cycles with their pit partners. It was great to see the Nitro drivers back and we can expect exciting racing as they all regain the driving edge that makes Nitro so special. There were even some newbie Nitro drivers that came out to challenge themselves with a new class. They survived and will “definitely be back”.

A new outdoor class was the mini sports. These cars seemed to have more problems controlling their new found speed, MAX'ng out their drive ratios and surplus RPMs from the newly installed black cans. I’ll have to get mine out for the next heats and see if I can control it.

All in all it was a great weekend and hopefully the weather will continue to shine down on us as we exercise our outdoor priviledges.

Off to work now… designing some new sweepers to go along with the new large radius dots…. Always trying to make it as car friendly as possible.

Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #2

Sunday May 7th......

Wonderful Weather Once again.

We have new boards. Although not entirely complete they were very ready-for-use. Some paint and minor tweaks and they'll be set. I'll add some pictures later.

The racing was exciting and again very fast. ( see Todd's WOW topic ) I know I'll be saying that ALL summer long. This week's layout was more technical than the opening day track but just as flowing. As Brenno C. stated, "I love it, If you hit the line you can rip through but hitting it every time is not easy". Unfortunately he had some bad luck in the A-Main warm-up and didn't start. Ty Grant went on to win over Morgan Johns ( coming out of winter hibernation). We used the 10-minute qualifiers allowing the nitros, to maximize their track time.

Martin C. pulled an exciting Open-Modified win (running his rubber tire REEDY race practice setup) on the last lap, taking honours away from the ever-consistent Nick (Bawdy Shop) Imineo.

Johnnnnnny (Postman) P. posted a 12th scale modifed win and the fastest lap overall (including the Nitros).

As for the Minis...... Scott Smither showed us how to turn Tamiya MO4 Miata into a Tomahawk ROCKET as he spanked us all ( this author included).

Generally the outdoor driving was fast. All the racers that have converted from our indoor track have had the advantage of extra wide lanes and longer straights. Both have combined in allowing all the drivers to kick it up a notch.

I am hoping to add a faster more novice class as numbers permit. A sportsman class maybe....

Another word on the tracks layouts.. I will try posting this last weekend's design as a test, and if it works well I will post more in advance of each weekend's race.

Thanks for the turnout. It was another great weekend. Please keep coming back... And bring your Friends.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor

where is the track and can u run 1/10 savages offroad
k4.6! is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:22 AM   #4
Resident complainer

the track is strictly onroad only....and t he savage is 1/8th
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.