Hasbro getting into nitro RCs - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2006, 06:21 PM   #31
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i dont mind hasbro making nitro vehicles but at the price their putting it and its quality would be an issue. what about the quality of the transmitter and servos and so on can be dangurus as mentionned earlier. and today knids dont have the paitence to work with these "toys" and rather play with a video game or watch some cartoon and if some of them find it cool longer then others the other kids will find that kid stupid for some reason of not doing what all the others do and disagree with the kid and the kid will get tierd of being told thats hes a this or that and will eventually quit. kids today dont seem to agree with the idea of some trying diffrent things and they eventually get jelous and treat the diffrent one bad.
illusion392 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:59 PM   #32
RCC Expert Contributor

i can see some kid who's parents don't care what they do swallow nitro fuel
ha my friend nextdoor comes over, and comes to the basement and see's me working on my savage.. he thinks its neet and says "hey can i have some of your cool aid" and picks up the bottle like he was going to chug it ... i grabed it out of his hand and told him it was nitro...
he didnt catch on... so i gave up on it... and showed him the jug, he felt stupid. (hee is 16 now) and yes he is still a re tard.

i dont rilly have a problem with hazbro making a rc.... its probably more something that will happen in the us. not sure if any canadian lhs will be carrying them.. but you never kno.
(didnt read or look at the link. just my .02)

and if it did happen and there was allot of truble with the model or kids. they may have to re call them, and close the doors to that. but as i said above you never kno.
what's nitro

rc18t with mamba (blinged?)
speedygonzales is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:00 PM   #33
RCC Supreme Contributor

shocks can work upside down, you have the steering knuckle going up and down on an axle with springs on either ends. I agree that this is a fairly pointless toy but hasbro will make a load of money off of it before everyone realizes its crap. About now being able to hold a screwdriver...so true. in grade 9 i was the only kid in the school who was building something in the tech shop, something worthy. Everyone kept on saying make me something. It's a real ---- off when you're surrounded by people like that. I know that not everyone is techy but comon how can you not know which way a bolt bolts in. My tech teacher admitted that the gr 9's are getting dumber by the year
imported_VEN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #34
RCC Supreme Contributor

Originally Posted by VEN
My tech teacher admitted that the gr 9's are getting dumber by the year
Capalet also seems to be getting dumber by the year tho lol if that's the one ur talking about

In RCCA they made a really good point about these that they will help the RC industry, because they're being carried by Hobbytown USA in the states, so people with $$$ will go in and want something better, and some of those few will become hardcore RC'ers

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:29 PM   #35
RCC Supreme Contributor

People like you think he's getting dumber but he's trying to teach you something. If he wasn't there half the class would kill themself using a file. You'd know when you have a seizure taking out a servo screw. That's why we sweep everyday and clean the whole period, cause we need discipline, and he's right, when you get a job and * around you'll get your fired on the spot. Once we learn how to respect everything and everyone he can teach everyone how to work the tools and become sucessful men and engineers. I'm lucky to know how to use most of these machines because i have them in my basement but others are not so lucky.

We're getting off topic
imported_VEN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.