The Buzz is strong - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2006, 10:47 PM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
The Buzz is strong

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Been talking to many hobby shops that are 50 miles away or more - They all said that people are coming into their stores, talking about Sid's Raceway and buying things to race at the track. This is incredible news... By next race season, we could have something big here.

From talking to many local Hobby Stores, I have gathered details of some bigger car items that have been sold in the past couple of weeks alone: 6 Associated B4's, 3 new Losi XXX-CRs, 1 BK2, 4 Dark Impacts, 3 Losi XXX-4s, and a couple of Trucks. This is only from 5 local hobby stores... Who knows about all the others... 1 owner (will keep the name confidential) jokingly said that he hasn't seen 4 kits move off his shelf in such a short period of time, thus not collecting so much dust

Now couldn't be a better time for the offroad cycle to repeat itself in a massive way.

Great job everyone... Keep the buzz growing. Something's working.

Mugen MBX6E
Losi 22
Durango DEX410
gremek is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #2
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor
I am: sir rcalot

im sure there will be tons of people at the track next season because people like me who cant really afford all new stuff at the moment have to search for something good used which takes time.
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:12 PM   #3
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: mark j.

wow...... this is soo cool . also i knew about the track before it was even in service and was reading about when it was just flat dirt and pipes and grass...thats pretty cool too.

also isn't past your bedtimes. lol
thats not easy!!! lol dom and evan

SAVAGE X eats revos and craps tmaxx's

the teeny tiny micro t

POSPS engineering --~-- lol dom.vroom gargle vroom bang its a bird,its a plane. its a piston
dracohowe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:43 PM   #4
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 1
Hey Mike,

It just occurred to me that one of the factors that's heating things up is all the traffic on this forum. Take a look at the number of views on some of the more recent posts and I think you see what I mean....

I also have another promotional idea: Invite for a day's use of the track included with each new car sold. New car buyer is instructed present receipt for their purchase when they turn up at track. Sid's counterperson then initials receipt or something to that effect to prevent the possibility of a multiple use scam, and our new driver is off to the races.

Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:11 AM   #5
RCC Apprentice
I am: Andre R.

Hey guys..... just to let you know the buzz on this place has hit as far as London and Windsor as well. I myself have a XXXCR on order right now and plan on coming to see you guys once I get it going. Hopefully will be able to put in a few races there before the end of the season. Your track is doing great guys..... it looks good on the videos that I saw..... and it seems like everybody is really happy.
aer52 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:19 AM   #6
RCC Contributor

Thats awsome. With some more time and work Sid's will rivial some of the top US tracks, if not surpass. Word of mouth is some of the best advertising...its free LOL So tell all your friends and heck even drag someone to the track who doesn't race, you just might get them hooked The larger the racer base we can attract the better Sid's will become.
imported_DV8ion is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:17 AM   #7
RCC Master Contributor

Check out the For Sale / Trade and Wanted forums right here....
There are at least a dozen different threads of people selling to upgrade or are looking for something to run at SID's

Also as Narly1 said, look at the Post count for the SID's forum.
In its short existence we have surpassed many other forums that have been around alot longer
Bdegan2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:39 AM   #8
RCC Pro Contributor

I was at a LHS yesterday to pick up some tires and the owner said that he knew of 6 racers that are currently building 2wd Buggys in time for the next trophy race - Dirt Storm on Aug 20th!!
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:02 AM   #9
RCC Junior Contributor

Is it only electric at sid's, or is there nitro as well?
imported_GreenDay is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:03 AM   #10
RCC Contributor

Its just electric.
imported_DV8ion is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.