TTR S3 updates?? - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2006, 03:57 PM   #21
RCC Expert Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
sometimes it takes more than a min for the marshal to flip you over thgouh, :GRIN:

i've personally never had a problem with it, but its nice to know you could run for 5min on your lid, if i did have a problem with it, i'd be running the S3 tank in my matrix, lol,

also I generally dont run as much fuel line or as many filters as most people, up until recently I was just runing one small filter, and a min amount of fuel line, which means it wouldn't have run as long on its lid, i've since added a 2nd big filter, but still only run as little fuel line as possile, less chance of it getting caught up in something, and being pinched or cut or what ever,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #22
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

I've never had a problem either. The truth is it all depends on your ability to tune and set-up your equipment. I really liked 2 kyosho fuel filters. Good Luck with your racing.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:42 PM   #23
Resident complainer

i went all last year on one tank...well 2 but i never broke one last year. and this year i have been fine aswell up untill AHK...where i went through 4. oh well tho, hopefully all is well now...
..on the note of fuel line. i ran a lot longer fuel line then i used to up untill AHK. becasue of the 7 min quals i added longer fuel line to make my run time longer....i was going the full 7 mins without a pit. my car would run out of gas 3/4 away around the cool down lap after i finnished my last lap.
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:53 PM   #24
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: joe blow

the problem is not the engine flaming out when its upside down, its the giant air buble you get in the fuel line after... when ever that gets to the engine, chances are high that it will flame out... i'm not saying it happens everytime, it all depends on how long you were upside down (how big the airbubble is) and what your doing with the throttle when the bubble reaches the carb...
Abiye Birku
Tamiya TRF 801x | TRF 511x | TRF 201x
Abiye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:05 PM   #25
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

OK guys as far as tanks are concerned every manufacture has had a problem with tanks at some point. Years ago we (Kyosho Team Drivers) wouldn't put a tank into our cars without running a solderring iron around the seam. You can melt the seam toogether and make for a perfect seal, even if it splits in a crash, saw the Mugen guys do it, ofna, asc, losi drivers etc. They won't tell you that little secret but I will!!! So if you crack one just carefully melt it back toogether and usually presto your good! As far as the original s3 tank I loved it too, I had one with a sticky valve but it fixed itself after a couple of tanks. I love the splash guard on the new tank and will stick with it. I run a fuel filter after the tank so that if you flip over the car will idle for a good 45sec no problem. Just go easy on the throttle for the next 5 seconds or so after your car is flipped over so the gib air bubble won't stall your engine!
TLR, Horizon Hobby,Spektrum,Pinnacle Hobby,Dynamite,CRC,Nitrotec Engines,Michael Lambert Photography
special thanks to Mac for all your help over the years!
Dave Henry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.