a happy cold race day - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2006, 07:38 PM   #1
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
a happy cold race day

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
what a day of racing , cold , cold cold . no one broke off of any of the big jumps i think everyone was breaking from hitting the pipes , and wow a melted motor , nice 1 sparkie . sorry my car gave up in the mains guy si would have loved to push it a bit more . now for the pred ouch when r u puting it up for sale . i had a blast i had fun watching and driving i just have to fingure a way to keep running all day . thx to all the ppl who made this happen and thx to all the racers who joined in on beating me . i guess thats always the case if something is going to go wrong it will happen in the main . at least it happend in the A- main .

i saw some amazing driving today and i hope to see some amazing pics and videos .
imported_k1e1v1i1n is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #2
Alumni Mod
I am: Scott P

Originally Posted by k1e1v1i1n
now for the pred ouch when r u puting it up for sale .
What the.. where di you get that idea..

Over powered by a truck's brusheless.. and a stripped servo.. not the cars fault..
SUPERD's PAST PITMAN just ask SuperD
Sprucewood - First B-main, 9th A-main
Bellvegas - 4th A-MAIN Truggy
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:13 PM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor

Who would have thought we'd need sweaters in August

What a great race day!!
Congrats to everyone who participated, and an extra special congrats to all the organizers for their hard work. It's very appreciated!

Looking forward to the pics/vids!
Gravel Hound MT
Ofna Hyper 7 PBS/PCR
TMaxx - TRX 2.5R - Up for sale.
paulicat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:38 PM   #4
RCC Apprentice

Congrats to all the winners! I had a blast!! Looking forward to the next one in September!!
imported_leadacid1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #5

Great Racing!!!

Good fun guys.
Really nice not to hear MARSHALL!!! being shouted all day. Good job.
Alot of really good competition pockets in nearly every race.
Thanks to everyone for contributing to such an enjoyable day.

Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #6
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Huge thanks to the guys that worked behind the scenes to get this event organized... I can't wait until the next race.

I had a blast racing today - it was almost perfect conditions... the track had great traction, the qualifiers went smooth, and there was some really high competition in all mains. Sean, Steve, Mike - and all else that were involved in putting this on - great work guys.

Let's make sure we all do our part to try to drive up attendance at the next event.

Lastly, let's also make sure that we support the sponsors - and the track alike when we go get our RC gear for the next race... Support the sponsors by visiting their stores for our RC needs - support the track by mentioning Sid's Raceway when you visit the store so that they can see that their prize investment has a return by increasing traffic in their shops.

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:39 PM   #7
RCC Senior Contributor

Very well said Martin (duckman996) - Next time we should expect "D" main for 2WD buggy and "C" for the 4WD - there are a bunch of new guys at Action Hobbies, Brampton (8 of them or more!) who said they'll be out next race.

We will need to start at 10am next race, just so we end at a reasonable time! All the support has been great so far. A few guys mentioned that perhaps by next season we will be running 2WD +1/18th and 4WD +Truck on separate days or back-to-back weekends (just like the good 'ol days)

Everyone contributed today for helping to marshal right away, returning transponders, and being ready for their race on time....

For those of you who either broke down in the main, or didn't get as fast as a run as you would have liked, come back with a vengence for the Fall Classic Cup! We surely experienced Fall weather today

Mugen MBX6E
Losi 22
Durango DEX410
gremek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:52 PM   #8
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor
I am: sir rcalot

thanks to Narly1 for letting me borrow his motor for the day as mine died. and with it i finally made the double jump. it was a good day but next time i will be more prepared with my batteries so they dont crap out on me again. weather wasnt too bad, at least all the equipment stayed cool.
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:24 PM   #9
RCC Pro Contributor

Today was a blast! Thanks to everone who came and the organizers who put on a great race event. I wont be able to make it to the one on the 30th so I guess its next season for me! I might make it out for a club race before then though...

Peterborough Monster R/C Club
"Practice does not make perfect, practice makes Permanent! Do it right or don't do it at all!"
Crafty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:25 PM   #10
RCC Contributor

Yes a big thanks out to all the people who made this possible, the event ran like clock-work, good job guys. The racing was great ,close and feirce , alot of talented drivers and everone seems to get better every race, this is what RC racing should be. See you all soon.
imported_stewart is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.