Interst in 4wd stock 27t class - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2006, 02:43 PM   #21
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by DV8ion
The reason we have diff mains (A,B,C etc..) is so that you can race with others that are of the same skill and speed, as you get faster you move up, its that simple. So if you run a stock motor and your skill isn't as good as a top guy then you will run in the proper group. Just because you are in the B,C etc.. main doesn't make your race any less important.
2 things - 1. Younger people and Novices dont see it the same way as you... if you get knocked to a C.. in a lot of peoples minds.. thats 3rd class.

2. Think of it like this.. your running your setup and Sport O spiff with his Tamiya Hornet and a 19t come out and starts a race with you.. T bones you twice in a corner, lands on you once off a jump and is a general wild man out there... Is he or she an ? Hacking? Maybe a just a Novice?.... maybe he or she is 10 or 11 and just having a good time. DO you kick him off? send him away? What if you talk to him and he still is not skilled enough to drive without hacking?

But what if its the otherway??

What if you are skilled and fast that you are constantly on this guy.. not intentionally hacking but 3 or 4 drivers are so much better or faster that this guy or girl is not having fun.. is afraid he is going to hack other cars and break expensive stuff because everyone seems serious and they are Flying around the track. Do we kick the 3 or 4 drivers off that are spoiling this guys fun... no..

How is it any more diffucult to run any other heat Novice.. 27t etc.. than it is to run 2wd or 4wd or truck?

For the reasons I mentioned I think a Novice class is a great idea.

Just throwing it out there..
James aka Bikerbob
2wd - Kyosho RB5sp
4wd - Yok MR4-BCsp SDF2
Lots of onroad stuff!! RC since... what was I talking about again?
imported_Bikerbob is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:43 PM   #22
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 1
After sitting on the sidelines biting my tongue, it's time to throw in my $.02.

RCDave is 100% accurate re how I felt about last Sunday. I had a blast.

I realistically set my expectations low(as a newcomer running in only his 2nd race) and thus was not disappointed. Some of you have heard me say this before, but having a great bunch of folks to share the experience with is worth more to me (for now ) than winning any race. I was completely happy to run in the B main. Sportsmanship, helping out the other guy and being a good role model means a lot to me.

It's all about attitude.

I completely agree with what DV8ion said as well.

I would much rather run competitively with a bunch of drivers around my own ability level than with guys who can drive circles around me.

IMHO the 1/10 truck class as the best place for novices to start (vs 1/10 2WD 4WD buggy), as they are just a bit bigger. heavier and thus a bit slower. This in theory should give more time for new drivers to react. I also feel they are a bit more forgiving and tougher with the bigger tires & more robust construction.

However, I'm beginning to rethink that after what I saw on the weekend. There are some wicked fast trucks out there. I myself had upgraded to a 19T motor, albeit an old, used one. In practice I liked how fast was on the straights and the quicker acceleration. Now if I could just learn how to manage all this new, extra power!!

See you all at Sids,

Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.