Reminder - we race toy cars for bowling trophies - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2006, 03:28 PM   #1
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Reminder - we race toy cars for bowling trophies

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Guys... RELAX!!!

From let's run "x" motor classes, to speed control talk, to not using reverse, to why was my car not in the race video - it's starting to get a little out of hand.

At the end of the day, remember that we race little toy cars for bowling trophies. It's a hobby and is supposed to be fun. The whole beauty of Sid's is that it is not over-ridden with rules. You have an electric powered offroad car and you want to race - bring it to Sid's. You have some old motors kicking around - use them, you don't need the latest and greatest to be competitive if you can't afford the top-shelf stuff. You want to run a 20 year old car - good for you... maybe we'll have a vintage class in 2007. Stock motor racing - great idea, again let's plan for 2007... novice class - awesome, 2007.

I just hope that a new driver interested in racing at this great track is not (or has not) been turned off by these discussions already.

Let's just finish the year as we have been running with Open classes allowing everyone to run whatever they already have and then I am sure that the committee that is in charge of the track will plan out 2007 in advance making announcements during the winter. We only have 10 weeks of drivable weather left (maybe).

I'm just looking forward to driving my car around the track with some great people without all the pressure associated with a strictly enforced track - anyone else in with me?
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:47 PM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0

Now, let's get back to what is important:
-Enjoying the company of others with common intrests.
-Racing little cars around a track with friendly competition.
-Doing what we can to help others in need of knowledge or assistance.

I really enjoyed and appreciated these small wonders of engineering before getting involved in racing them.
Since being introduced to racing (thank you EPROT) and now Sid's Raceway I have been having a BLAST.
Please let's not let the voices of a few overshadow the voices of MANY MANY more that are fun to spend time with.
I have made alot of friends at Sid's Raceway and invite everyone to come out and have FUN with us.
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:15 PM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor

I like to play with my toys... I'll be a good boy...

I promise

Peterborough Monster R/C Club
"Practice does not make perfect, practice makes Permanent! Do it right or don't do it at all!"
Crafty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:24 PM   #4
RCC Master Contributor

Originally Posted by duckman996
- anyone else in with me?
Agreed ,
and lets drive
Bdegan2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #5
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Sean H

It's all about driving and fun

I think that the track rocks and that anyone that likes it and has fun knows what's up.

that's about all.

oh and don't forget that hot sun and soft tires don't mix.

samboneecanada is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:48 PM   #6
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 1
The Newbie Perspective Part II

Hi Guys,

Nice to see people with some longevity in the hobby coming forward and adding some perspective to the issues of the day (or week as the case may be).

As I am new to all of this it is easy to be blissfully ignorant to the prevailing competitivness issues.

From where I sit, my personal focus is on building driving skills not aqquiring the next hottest piece of gear or seeking a "rule-bend" to gain a competitive edge.

I suspect that a lot of the posters who are complaining are of the attitude they have reached their "personal best" and that they can't get any more competitive unless they go out and buy something "newer" and "better".

I sincerely hope that I never get to that point!!

Thanks guys for reminding us a reminder of what is important. I am in with you 100%

Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #7
RCC Senior Contributor

random pics

just pulled a couple off my camera:
Mugen MBX6E
Losi 22
Durango DEX410
gremek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:30 PM   #8
RCC Pro Contributor

Believe me, these guys are having fun!
Nice air John S. & Mike C.!
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:58 PM   #9
RCC Contributor
I am: Jay L

EPROT forever
Those are some nice pics, are the ones for sids gallery going to be up soon? Love the double jump pic with john and mike.
knahs is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:35 PM   #10
Alumni Mod
I am: Scott P

Originally Posted by duckman996
Guys... RELAX!!!... ... not using reverse,
In all seriousness.. do you want to get backed up into.. do you really..

you all make good points, and people are allowed to have opinions and disagree...

Im surprised that all of the sudden people are evil for wanting a stock or 19T class.. Im not sure I have reached the best of anyhting in my life.. but I would still love a 19T class.. no-one mentioned anytin ga bout battery spec and wheel spec etc.. that came up as assumptions.. exagerations... I even said.. what the...

You can't paint every discussion with the same brush... not every idea is out of place... Yes the discussions got out of control.. but really.. all of the sudden people are throwing on a "holier than thou" attitude...

It's all fine and good to want to have fun, and I agree totally.. really I truly do..but without discussion now.. next year may not progress...

Almost everyone has very valid points (with the exception of Kevin) in all the discussions that you have just shot down.. including yourselves.. That is all I am saying.. and no.. i'm not angry, not being an a-s-s.. just pointing out a very interesting turn ...
SUPERD's PAST PITMAN just ask SuperD
Sprucewood - First B-main, 9th A-main
Bellvegas - 4th A-MAIN Truggy
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.