Results - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2006, 08:12 AM   #31
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Pit Man I am not going to get into a heated debate, I am quite honestly still to tired from the weekend. HOWEVER all that I ask is that if racers have questions or concerns they ask about them before the event so I can address them rather than critisizing me after the fact when it is to late.

I would also prefer constructive critisism when it comes to complaining about the software issues. Last year (2005) was not a software issue it was that we had 40 registered racers and on the Saturday another 76showed up. If you have ever entered 76 entries you will know that it takes alot of time. When we were starting to catch up it started pouring rain. In an effort to get everything dried out (it is still amazing we even got on the track the next day) a piece of the system got left at the race directors house and that put us back another hour and 1/2.

As far as this year we are still not sure what even happened. I had every track owner at my race and we were all baffled. We even re entered all the race registrations all 220 of them into JLap from the RC Pro that I was using. I stand behind RON, DINO, JOHN and the help from the other track owners who all stepped in to help get things going. They were simple marvelous how they all came together to help turn the problem around. The 2 issues were one the software (RC Pro) stopped letting us run more than 10 drivers and it would pick up some PT's everythime and others not at all. When we switched to JLap it speed things along however it screwed up the GLORCS POINTS as they only allow 10 drivers for points and we were running 14 on the stand.

All I ask is help me fix the problem, I don't need to be reminded about the dreaded curse believe me I know all to well!!
David McLean
Team Kyosho Canada
Mac is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:22 AM   #32
Alumni Mod
I am: Scott P

Ya.. not sure what there is to complain about.. the weekend ran like a charm once it started.. I don't feel short of anything..

I didn't take advantage of any track time on Friday, and I still burned 3/4 a gallon..

I have my own opinions about the starting gate (mixed) and will chat with Dave about it the next time I see him.. however we all have to remeber.. ( and we have been down this road many many times..) this is Daves back yard.. he is kind enough to let us disrupt his family life, bring in the lions club, tv crews, and massive amounts of sponsored goods.. to throw one heck of a race....

No-=one has anythin gto complain about from that weekend.. there may be small techincal / rule isues ... but nothing logisitcally...

Just my opinion.. as I have been to the last three SI's.. and this one was leaps and bounds better ... better organized, better run, better this, better that..
SUPERD's PAST PITMAN just ask SuperD
Sprucewood - First B-main, 9th A-main
Bellvegas - 4th A-MAIN Truggy
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:28 AM   #33
RCC Junior Contributor

Dave we know little but I know and value all the effort that you made for sprucewood this year. I have misery of the negatif comment about the persons which does not recognize the big work of grown-up.
That's my two french cent.

4youdrive is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:35 AM   #34
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

4youdrive the .02 french cent is the same as the english. LOL!
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:36 AM   #35
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: joe blow

some of the guys had problems in the buggy a main... i lost a cvd pin and dave henry got mud put in his tank... dave would have given patrick a run for his money, he was tq... for the first 10 laps or so most of us were all withing a few turns fo eachother... it would have been a great race... the truggy was a great race for the first have as well with a bunch of guys on the lead lap after a shaky start... something funny happened with the lap counting as well for the opening lap but i guess in the end it all got sorted...

Originally Posted by c-low74
how is it that someone can get a 2 min. lead over the rest of the pack did the other racers pull over and park during the main ???????

way to go abiye now if you were only just a little taller, you might have been good at basketball too lol.
Abiye Birku
Tamiya TRF 801x | TRF 511x | TRF 201x
Abiye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:32 AM   #36
John Bakker
I am: JB

We'll have to watch the video play back.I thought that Abyie and I were in the lead for the first few laps .We didn't see Gareth and Bob blast of ahead of the pack(which they did) and didn't here anything for the first two laps.It would of been nice to now who the leaders were after that crazy start. how come the first lap wasn't counted?who knows.All I can say is that next year,none of these transponder messup's will happen .I'll make sure of that myself ."If you flame out on the starting line TOO BAD".the race will start.This rule was not enforced
Also apperently a truggy was walked over the loop after it flamed out.The person that saw this should have protested right away.Too late now.

That's racing folks
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:29 PM   #37
RCC Contributor

Speaking from a spectator POV, I thought the truggy action was the best (Go Abiye).
Ran into a lot of people I haven't talked to in a while.
Highlites for me included the Wheeler bump-up miracle, the commentators for the buggy finals and standing with PeanutButterJellyTime's Mom while she cheered him on (Right ear still rings ) .
I hope next year I can compete. Trigger finger needs some WD.
oh, and...Almost saw one of Daves dogs swallow a smaller dog whole, but that woulda' been a little messy!

Courtesy of TEAM EAT DIRT, I have for sale some empty water bottles that contain nitro filled air from the race (bottled on site) Now you too can enjoy the scent of racing in your very own living room! All procedes go to building the new track
Later guys
Home of the RadioControlMonsterPatrol
Proud Sponsor of RCTV

Rare R/C Parts

Give your vehicle the ULTIMATE RACING edge!
ROGatJOHNS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:40 PM   #38
RCC Supreme Contributor

Originally Posted by ROGatJOHNS
Courtesy of TEAM EAT DIRT, I have for sale some empty water bottles that contain nitro filled air from the race (bottled on site) Now you too can enjoy the scent of racing in your very own living room! All procedes go to building the new track
Later guys
Sell them for $40 each on e-bay lol

Yeah, my mom yells loud, I'm used to that

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.