RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2006, 09:30 AM   #1
Alumni Mod
I am: Scott P

Total Props: 0
Sprucewood Rocked

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
WOW.. what a great weekend..
track was great.. people were great.. racing was great.. it was just... great..
SUPERD's PAST PITMAN just ask SuperD
Sprucewood - First B-main, 9th A-main
Bellvegas - 4th A-MAIN Truggy
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:37 AM   #2
RCC Noob

Great Show

Just want to say Hats off to a great weekend of racing. On hehalf of Sammys Speedway and all the crew who made it up from London Great job Dave
Jpee is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor

Any pics and/or video posted yet?? If so where??

Peterborough Monster R/C Club
"Practice does not make perfect, practice makes Permanent! Do it right or don't do it at all!"
Crafty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:32 AM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor

I thought it was a great weekent too to add to the word of the day

I had major engine trouble in the 1/8 class, I think I'm 2nd last in the entire race, or something horrible like that. I finally switched the engine which ran great... and stripped the clutch bell

Truggy was AWESOME, I'm just glad I finished the A-main

The start was CARNAGE lol, but it was cool still to watch, not to be in

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:49 AM   #5
RCC Contributor

i'm happy i flamed out. Man that start was dangerous and it was like Dave wanted to see CARNAGE. But the truggy A-Main i would have to say was the worst for that corner lol. The track conditons turned out to be pretty good too. Overall great weekend and I can't wait till next year. I'm just happy i finished my main with all the problems I had (thanks to Gump).
I support Global Warming. Cold Weather sucks.

Mugen MBX5-T W/STS .28
ShOrTy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #6
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
No problemo, shorty. Glad to be of assistance.
Awesome weekend, everyone!
Big props goes out to Dave McLean for putting on a wonderful show, the track crew for busting their asses both way before, during and even after the event, the guys running the event behind the computer and on the mic, the Lions Club for the great grub, all the wonderful sponsors who made great donations to help make the event a big success, and everyone who pitched in to help the guy next to them fix their stuff, get on the track or finish their race, or fix the track or any other thing they did to help out - awesome stuff!
Special thanks goes to Holly for not ripping the arms off our Wookie after he lit off fireworks (we really need him to help fly the ship) and for allowing all of us to hang out in her back yard and play with our toy cars in the sand box all weekend long!!!

The final is coming up in just under 2 weeks. Y'all better watch out for Eat Dirt Racing Inc.!!!
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #7
RCC Expert Contributor

it was deffinatly an awsome weekend, I finally had a race that I didn't blow a servo, motor, or my radio, so thats always a good thing, lol

My only complaint was the starting gate thing, it wasn't even so much the gate, or the big crash, but with like 5 guys running around trying to get everyone going straight, you coudn't even see your car, and to me it was just a really dangerous position to put the marshals in, 10 guys all trying to get going as fast as they can, and they can't even really see their cars, not a good thing IMO, another thing was it gave some drivers a chance to jump the track to avoid the crash, and with all the chaos, no one noticed, but it DID happen, but I'm not going to name any names, they can live with knowing they cheated and got away with it,

thanks to everyone that made the race possible,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:50 PM   #8
RCC Master Contributor

Pics And Vids

I Have 150 Pics And 10 Vids From Sprucewood. I Have No Clue How To Upload Them So If Any Of You Guys Are Inclined To Do So Let Me Know And We'll Get Them Posted.
imported_ICSAM is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:04 PM   #9
RCC Contributor
I am: Dalton Oliver

Yup it was a awsome weekend, minus a broken battery pack, and steering horn it was good. The track was awsome wish i could have done better lol. Congrats to everyone who won, and also to the bump up king " Ben wheeler" that was awsome almost 3 hours running. Next year will be even better so see everyone next year, Im thinking of bringing a fish net to catch all the prizes lol?..
Kyosho MP9

Upgrade RC
duratraxD is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:42 PM   #10
RCC Junior Contributor

What a great weekend. I think we should all be happy that we didn’t get more rain than what we did. Also it was nice to get out of the track at a better time than last year. The races were run smoother as well. I was the in the 2nd qualifier in the 1st round and when there was an hour or so delay I thought to myself, “Uh oh, here we go again.”, but after that pretty much everything went relatively smoothly. Thanks go out from me to EAT DIRT racing for getting the track in great shape so we can run. John, Dino and Ron for being great on the mic. Also I would like to thank all the sponsors and Hobby Craft/ Darren for giving me the opportunity to run for Thunder Tiger this season. I highly doubt I will be in Niagara because of College starting up this year and I really want to focus on my studies. Also thank you to all the great people out there that helped me this weekend, Joe Parent, Vic Garcia, Chris Buckrell, Darren Altbaum, Rick Endler, the Zontas for the servo (you guys are by far the most generous people in this great hobby), Steve Powling, Matt Devries, and last but certainly not least JakFrost and RCPARTSOURCE. If I forgot someone, I am sorry.

I personally had an OK weekend. It could have been much better if I did lose my steering in my 3rd qualifier, but hey stuff happens. I had a great time in the main. Joel and I were battling back and forth it seemed like for 3rd place but unfortunately my fuel line split on me.

Nice seeing all you guys again,
Team Express Motorsports
CEFX Racing
Rizzo's Rides
Stratus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.