1/8 Offroad Worlds Indonesia - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2006, 05:15 PM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ahaha it looks like shortys setup when he races

1978 VW Type 1 (Super Beetle) Convertible
PeanutButterJellyTime is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:09 PM   #12
RCC Contributor

LOL its sooooooo true. It's happened 3 times to me in the past like month (one was just a test run on my street) the other was at sprucewood and the other one was yesterday. Anyways that track is huge. Great pics and keep us posted.
I support Global Warming. Cold Weather sucks.

Mugen MBX5-T W/STS .28
ShOrTy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:12 PM   #13
Resident complainer

Goooooooooo Pavidis!!!!!!!!!
POWLING is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:00 PM   #14
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

A old school racer. Use to be Superd's team mate at Kyosho. Still flying.

Jeremy Kortz

I believe this is Josh or Justin Wheeler

Paul Coleman's Caster Racing ZX-1

Paul Coleman

Bobby Tillman's Car

Mark P

Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:02 PM   #15
RCC Pro Contributor

I will get the proper picture of Mr. Wheeler later.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:04 PM   #16
RCC Pro Contributor

Josh Wheeler, Team XRAY USA
How do you evaluate the World Championship until now generally?
JW: It has been really good, seems well prepared. It is a lot better than I expected. The track looks easy but it is more difficult then it looks. The angles of the corners are ackward, the jumps are not straight but a bit in the turn. Tracks is getting rough. The 5 jumps area is the one I am really afraid most. The triple jump is no problem for me as the car is very good over there. The washboard is easy as far you go slow. The rest of the track is fairly easy with no major problems. The grip is different everywhere, some corners seem loose some seem high bit and the car traction roles there when you do not expect it. The rear section is also a bit hard to see so you can not see the bumps well.

How do you evaluate your results until now?
JW: Not so good so far. In the practice my car was good and despite I started in lower heats after the resorting I was moved to the first heat with the best drivers. In the first qualifier I broke after bad landing after the triple jump so I had a DNF. In the second heat my tire came unglued and came out of the tire so I had to retire again from the very good position at around 2nd place at that time and finished around 24 overally. Today was no lucky day again. The third heat I was driving very good until my car flipped over and it took 14 seconds for the marshall to notice me and get back on the track so I finished 15th overall but could do much much better if not loosing this time. The last 4th heat the car was really good the first half of the race keeping on between 1-3 until my throttle servo broke and I had suddenly no brakes so I had to slow down a lot which cost me plenty of time. I have finished overall 15th in this round again.

How has been the car working and what did you change to make it better?
JW: I really haven't change much from the beginning. I have lowered my rideheight. During the last days I was mostly experiencing with the tires. I have kept basically all same like the same diff setting, same shocks, same set-up. I knew the track will got bumpier so I didn't change anything because as the track was getting bumpier my car was getting better. On the straight with the following sweeper the car was not so good which was the reason I have lowered the ride height. From first day until today the car was good on jumps so I really did not change much.

What is your strategy for the last two qualifiers tomorrow?
JW: I will try to get two top 10 results without any crashes that would help me to move to get to semi-final. But still plenty of things can happen but I hope I will have a bit more luck tomorrow than I have had so far. I will change the tires for less gripy ones so the car slides a bit better since I have too much traction right now and my car traction rolls. The rest of the car I will keep the same as it feels really good over the bumps and I have no problems with the jumps.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:34 AM   #17
RCC Pro Contributor

From what we're hearing Round 6 was hard! Pavidis, Hughes, Batlle, J Aigoin broke and Vray TQd the round with 11 laps in 10.20. Quagraine came 3rd with an 11 laps in 10.24 Vega broke on the last lap, Yannick made too many mistakes. The track is making it impossible to not make mistakes!!!

The TQ for the 2006 Worlds is MARK PAVIDIS!

1. Mark Pavidis - USA - Kyosho/OS
2. Scott Hughes - USA - Mugen/OS
3. Yannick Aigoin - France - XRAY/RB
4. Jeremy Kortz - USA - HoBao/Werks
5. Chad Bradley - USA - Jammin/OS
6. Robert Batlle - Spain - HoBao/Falcon - Ultimate
7. Guillaume Vray - France - Mugen/RB
8. Joseph Quagraine - Finland - HoBao/Novarossi - Ultimate
9. Jerome Aigoin - France - HoBao/Picco
10. Renaud Savoya - France - Mugen/Ninja
11. Borja Hernandez - Spain - Mugen/Ninja
12. Bobby Tillman - USA - Mugen/Ninja
13. Greg Degani - USA - HoBao/Picco
14. Jon Hazlewood - UK - XRAY/Recab OS
1/4 Finals
15. Daniel Reckward - Germany - Kyosho/RB
16. Daniel Vega - Spain - Mugen/Ninja - Ultimate
17. Richi Gomez - Spain - Sidorf/RB
18. Josh Wheeler - USA - XRAY/Werks
19. Marty Korn - USA - GS/Werks
20. Kenji Osaka - Japan - Mugen/Ninja
21. Raul Peris - Spain - Kyosho/Novarossi
22. Takashi Kato - Japan - Mugen/OS
23. Yuichi Ajishi - Japan - Mugen/Ninja
24. Davide Tortorici - Italy - Crono/Falcon
25. Atsushi Kawamoto - Japan - Kyosho/Sirio
26. Jerome Sartel - France - Hong Nor/JP
27. Yoshio Otsuka - Japan - Mugen
28. Kris Moore - USA - Mugen/Ninja
1/8 Finals
29. Miguel Matias - Portugal - Kyosho/Sirio - Ultimate
30. Yuichi Kanai - Japan - Kyosho/Sirio
31. Linus Thern - Sweden - Kyosho/RB
32. John Agus - Indonesia - Kyosho/JP
33. Ari Heinonen - Finland - HoBao/CMB
34. Darren Cole - UK - Mugen/Ninja
35. Juan Camilo - Spain - Sidorf
36. Stanley Wangsanegra - Indonesia - XRAY
37. Robert Gustafsson - Sweden - XRAY/OS
38. Samuele Lenzi - Italy - Kyosho/Boss
39. Fabio Boero - Italy - Mugen/Ninja - Ultimate
40. Chen wu Chung - Taiwan - GS/SH
41. Martin Wolhuter - Australia - Hong Nor/OS
42. Markus Feldman - Germany - XRAY/RB

The Top 14 drivers will go straight into the Semis. Pavidis has now TQd 2 world championships, the other one in 2000, Las Vegas.

JQ (Joseph Quagraine) said

Last day of qualifying! Track got REALLY BAD today. It's AWESOME! Its so hard to get a clean run out there. its the most fun I've had racing in a long time. Scott Hughes had a very good 5th round and got TQ by one second over Jerome. I swear he gained that second during the pitstop. He drove ok too. I needed to secure my place in the semi and I did it by finishing 9th.

Click Read More for the rest!

The last round would decide TQ. I don't even know how many drivers could have taken it but I'm guessing at least 5. Best bet was Pavidis or Hughes. Well, that changed quickly as scott broke just before the start and mark on the 1st lap I think. That left the TQ spot wide open. Vray had a good run and TQed the round. Aigoin was looking to TQ the race, but crashed too much. He tried GRP tires instead of PL for the last round, I dont think he ran them before that. Maybe in the 5th round but I don't think so. Kortz was second. I was 3rd despite crashing many times, most embarrassingly after the front straight by driving over the burm...

Semi finals are gonna be great. Track is so bad that racing someone is gonna take some serious confidence, skills and patience.

For me the most surprising thing was that all 5 HoBao team drivers are in the semis. The rest are: 5 Mugen, 2 X-Ray, 1 Kyosho, and 1 Jammin/HongNor
Old 09-01-2006, 10:46 AM   #18
RCC Pro Contributor

Special Xray Tool

Old 09-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #19
RCC Contributor
I am: Nathan Stewart

Driver with the best vision will win this one...That is a really big track.

Excuse my ignorance with the makup of racers etc., but are there any Canadians there ?....If not...Why Not ???

Super D...Can you esssplain ?
NS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:15 PM   #20
Alumni Mod
I am: Scott P

SuperD is on holidays.. so I'll try..
We have virtaully no factory sponsored offroad drivers at the world calibre anymore.. key word being factory sponsored...
Even SuperD and wayne Mah aren't "factory" sponsored... they may be able to represent.. but not world calibre.... Sorry Canada
SUPERD's PAST PITMAN just ask SuperD
Sprucewood - First B-main, 9th A-main
Bellvegas - 4th A-MAIN Truggy
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.