b4 or xxx - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2006, 09:01 PM   #1
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor
I am: sir rcalot

Total Props: 0
b4 or xxx

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
dont know if this was discussed before or not but i havent seen it
i decided to join the craze of buggy racing and i cant decide, do i go for a losi xxx bk2 or the associated b4? i know there is more b4 buggies at the track but i found 2 deals on a losi and a associated and i cant decide which one. the losi is 60 dollars more and comes with extra parts and batteris and motor while the associated is less money but its a team kit with factory team shocks. so far im thinking of the losi bk2 since it has better parts such as titanium turnbuckles and graphite everywhere.

so what does everyone think, losi or associated?
i tried to find some articles online and the only one at xtreme rc doesnt work.
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:22 AM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: John Summach

I was up against the same decision. I decided on the B4 soley because I used to run RC10's back in the day when I raced. I don't think you can go wrong with either these days.
Great Hobbies - Team Durango

"Almost Live Race Coverage": www.johnnyboy.ca

"Finding Your Dream Home":www.burlingtonliving.ca
johnnyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:40 AM   #3
RCC Contributor

I too wasn't sure which one to get because I have always ran and loved Losi stuff including my new truck.

The problem that I came across is the is an XXX and a XXX CR, so which one to buy, and which one would work better at Sid's.

I heard that some guys run a frankenstein losi with a mix of both cars.

So, to make things simple, I went with a B4. Plus is if I break something at track there is so many guys running them, that I am sure I could get a spare part easy.

my 2 cents.

Durango DEX410 & DEX410R
AE SC10 4x4
imported_rcdave is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:29 AM   #4
RCC Pro Contributor

Both of these buggies are great!

Since they are both great the deciding factor for me was the availability of parts. Associated parts are readily available at the hobby shops that I frequent. Check to see which parts your LHS stocks.
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #5
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor
I am: sir rcalot

the 2 hobby shops i go to dont stock losi parts. but if i go for the losi extra parts come with the deal so if i break something i will have a spare and then i can order one for next time. the way im thinking about it is if i dont like the losi i can sell it and get a b4. electric offroads sell well these days
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:56 AM   #6
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Sean H

I'd say...

I feel that the Losi 2wds are slightly better on the rought straights and the B4s are tighter turners.

that's about all.
samboneecanada is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:26 AM   #7
RCC Expert Contributor

If you are buying a new one

Wait till spring there is probably a B5 and a XXX BK3 on the drawing board as we speak.
imported_xxfile is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:09 PM   #8
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

They both are very good. It's really upto parts availability and opinion.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #9
RCC Pro Contributor

Generally Losi feels a little more "glued" to the track but Associated feels faster. I have a XXX buggys but my Associated roots are making me think I might sell for a B4.

Peterborough Monster R/C Club
"Practice does not make perfect, practice makes Permanent! Do it right or don't do it at all!"
Crafty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:01 PM   #10
RCC Junior Contributor

I've had both buggies and there is very little difference in the way they handle if they are set up correctly.Both jump well and with the right tires so they hook up will accelerate like a scared cat!What it comes down to is what do you want to drive.If you find your local shop carries more parts for one over the other and you don't want to carry spares than that would be your choise.I carry enough parts to cover myself for the simple reason of it doesn't break at the shop! Personally I'd like to try the new Losi XXX CR.
imported_Kevin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.