RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2006, 08:02 AM   #1
RCC Contributor
I am: Jason B

Total Props: 0
New Nomadio Radio React

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Cut and pasted from their website. It looks like something from Star Trek, Captain Spocks Phaser.

Introducing the “React™”. 100% Digital Control. Fastest reacting R/C radio there is, Period.

Greetings some of you jumped the gun on OUR BIG news! LOL you just could not wait I know.

Nomadio is launching the REACT or next FULL featured radio, street price should be $299 TX and RX.

L@@Ks like my buddies over at RC Car have some SPY shots of a prototype EMPTY case.

Things change in prototype to production But the case design is correct.

Please note there is NO visible Antenna on the production version all built in!

Now the Stats:

Radio Type: digital spread spectrum 2.4 GHz

Radio Mode: frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHDSS) & direct sequence spread spectrum (DSSS)

Game mode: You can use the TX as a game controller through your USB port.

Range: 2000ft.

Power Output: 100mW FHDSS / 10mW DSSS

Frame Rate: 100 frames per second FHDSS / 50 frames in DSSS

Total Latency: 5 millisecond max, 2ms typical

Weight (w/Batteries): approximately 18 oz.

Servo Channels: 4

Four cell re-chargeable battery:

Model Memory: 40 named

Controller Battery: Voltage Monitor: graphic and real-time

Receiver Battery: Voltage Monitor: graphic and real-time

Timers: operation and lap timers

Trims: adjustable trims and sub-trims

Controls: dual rate, endpoints, exponential, advanced brake mixing and servo speed adjust on all channels

Anti-Lock: brake anti-lock with adjustable trigger, cycle, delay, depth, and steering trigger

Idle Up: yes

Tactile Alarm: programmable vibrator

Display: Graphic LCD

Resolution: 128 x 96 pixels

Auto Modes: auto display and display only

Presets: failsafe and auto start

Telemetry: real time speed, temperature, and battery supported (sensors purchased separately)

Servos Supported: any combination of analog and digital

PC Connectivity: USB serial for charging, customization, analysis and updates

Antenna: Built in

Architecture: software upgradeable

Transceiver (v2)

Dimensions (cm): 46x29x14 mm
Weight: 14.6 g (including antenna)
Antenna length: 22.8 cm
Antenna thickness: 1.8mm

Smooth Sailing,
Karlton Spindle
Director of Sales
Nomadio, Inc.
(81 279-1049 Cell
imported_budmancan is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:54 AM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor

It looks like that Multiplex that came out a couple years ago....not saying specs match, just the design. I think it was just looks familliar.

Found it:
RCCO - Radio Controlled Crawlers of Ontario

Garage: Baja 5b, T-Maxx, TLT Trail truck, Clod based crawler, XXX-T MF1, Ducati 999R nitro, Mini-T, Micro-T, Hyper 7 TQ electic, and Stick'E' crawler.
venom813 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

Nomadio™ introduces the next generation of R/C controller - The “React™”. 100% Digital Control. Fastest reacting R/C radio there is, Period.

Two way all digital communication utilizing Frequency Hopping Digital Spread Spectrum (FHDSS) Technology.

Philadelphia, PA—August, 2006,—Nomadio™ ( announced today that it has expanded its line of Radio Control (R/C) systems with another landmark product for the hobbyist market. The new control system is called “React™”. For the first time, R/C enthusiasts will be able to choose a high end radio with unmatched pure digital speed at a fraction of the cost of other brands' mid-priced radios. React™ transmits at 100Hz which makes it the fastest reacting R/C radio made. Furthermore, Nomadio standard 100mW RF output in FHDSS conforms to world wide ISM radio regulations.

Like the Sensor™ by Nomadio, the React™ can transmit telemetry back from the car as it is driven. The React™ system supports “feelers” that give the driver real time feedback of the car’s speed, battery voltage, and engine temperature. Unique to the RC market, the React™ radio system is software based; its capabilities may be altered / upgraded when it is connected to a personal computer and the Internet via the built in USB port.

Most R/C radios operate on 30 channels in the 75 MHz band. Other 2.4GHz radios are limited to fewer than 40 channels. The React™ system combines error-resistant spread spectrum and frequency hopping technologies, providing each radio with a unique, secure virtual channel allowing hundreds of simultaneous users.

Nomadio CEO Alex Gizis says, “The React™ targets both the top end racer and the back yard basher. React™ touts glitch-less performance of the 2.4 GHz band, unmatched speed and program flexibility not offered in other radios. The React™ is a top end full featured R/C controller with a mid line radio price.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
RCC Master Contributor

i think i like the other one better for looks.
Lunchbox (mamba max 5700)
rc18t (mamba,3s lipo)
trex 450s CF
imported_Taylor is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:54 PM   #5
RCC Contributor

that one doesnt really appeal too me ether....loks a bit odd
B4 -stealth
Fordzilla is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:05 PM   #6
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: joe blow

looks like they stole the molds from the multiplex radios... why can't they just make a normal looking radio that appeals to their customers... they would have sold 10 times the amount... i know i would have gotten one
Abiye Birku
Tamiya TRF 801x | TRF 511x | TRF 201x
Abiye is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:50 PM   #7
Speed Metal
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Bill N.

So is this new radio "better" than the Sensor? What's the difference besides looks? From what I can gather the signal technology has changed a little but everything else is the same(?) Don't know which I should buy now, this one or the Sensor. Dammit!

speed metal
Chequing Account Factory Team Driver.
Proudly sponsored by debt and taxes.
Speed Metal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:26 PM   #8
RCC Contributor
I am: Chris Persyn

The Multiplex radios are VERY comfortable.

If it wasn't for lack of DSM I may have still been using mine.

I wonder if Hitec is now involved with Nomadio, as Hitec owns Multiplex and that is most assuredly a Multiplex design...albeit in black instead of grey/green like the Multiplex were.

I will be sticking with my Helios..but this is a step in the right direction for Nomadio.
Team Xray
Team Tekin
RC America
ChrisP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:58 AM   #9
RCC Noob

I think they just bought the mold from somewhere in China. It is the same concept of JR's new radio looking very similar to the KO Helios.
Check out RC Nut's Hobbies for all your large scale needs. They ship to Canada.
fgracer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.