lets talk about rules - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2006, 07:48 AM   #21
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: John Summach

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I remember a bunch of us used to run Japanese import radios with weird frequencies back in the day...lol...Love my Spektrum now though.
Great Hobbies - Team Durango

"Almost Live Race Coverage": www.johnnyboy.ca

"Finding Your Dream Home":www.burlingtonliving.ca
johnnyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:49 AM   #22
John Bakker
I am: JB

Here's the GLORCS rule book http://www.-----------/links/GLORCSrules.pdfModify it and your good to go
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:22 AM   #23
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Muckey M

ROAR rules is the way to go. Adjust from there. You are already running most of them anyways. Whether you realise it or not.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #24
RCC Contributor

Well some people have mentioned to me that I should look over ROAR again because things have changed over the years.

I have read the section of the rules that deals with electric car racing.

Seems pretty straight forward to me. Any car I run would meet the standards setup in those rules. As would 90% of those at Sids.

I dont have a problem with bending those rules a bit.. but I think they are a great guideline.

Trophy races - as they are most often called. This is where it is most important that ROAR be used.

1. It gives credibility to the race. People will travel distances and pay a good entrance fee if they know that the race is following a proper structure.

2. You can gain more sponsor support if you are ROAR legal... WHY? because there are many companies that spend big money to conform to ROAR.. those people want ROAR events because it reenforces their envolvement.

3. If you don't the opposite CAN happen.. I wont say it WILL but it can. People will not travel because they are not sure how its going to work. Am I going to spend extra to race my conforming vehicle when Billybob is running crazy hopped up stuff? no... why waste your money, either because it will be a hack fest.. or plain and simple its not a level playing field.

4. Structure attacts people - plain and simple. Some have argued that rules will scare people off, but in most cases its the opposite. With rules you know what your dealing with.. what everyone deals with, no surprises, disappointments, arguements because it was left "open".

That being said, I have no problem having a Start on a raceday for Run what you brung to attract new racers.. taste the track and then get a "racing car"

James aka Bikerbob
2wd - Kyosho RB5sp
4wd - Yok MR4-BCsp SDF2
Lots of onroad stuff!!
...in RC since... what was I talking about again?
imported_Bikerbob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #25
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I hate to say this... ROAR is dead. Most tracks have moved to their own system or gone to IFMAR (and only at major events).

James - you have to get out of the 80's when ROAR was king and embrace the 2000's, most people that race at Sid's don't even know what ROAR is - let-alone ever raced under their rules.

Most larger tracks have gone with their own set of rules (borrowing from ROAR and IFMAR guidlines and then throwing in their own flavour). The tracks have realized that the payment to be ROAR approved really got them nothing extra - hence, the decline ... it is a waste of money.

As for 2007, I can assure you that the track will have some new rules in place that will be best suitable for the group of racers that come out and race - not just a small percentage that want things custom tailored for them. These rules will be posted well in advance of the season so that everyone can make the necassary adjustments (if they need to).
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:58 PM   #26
RCC Junior Contributor

ROAR dead?!?!Strange!IFMAR and its counterpart in North America known as ROAR are alive and well.Even tracks that are unwilling to pay the $50 for the insurances and affiliation still base their classes around ROAR rules for the most part.The big hurdle here is people don't want to pay the yearly membership that has to accompany the tracks membership so all is coverred propperly.All one has to do is look at the lists of approved products listed on ROAR's web site and you will see for yourself that it is current and relevant.Most of GLORCS rules are ROAR based but they have only just started to run a very limitted number of races with some electrics;or predominately nitro if you prefer.It was ROAR and NORCCA that were in North America and very few even heard of IFMAR in the 80's.It wasn't as covered in the rags as it is now;plus the internet has help shrink the planet considerably.
imported_Kevin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:04 PM   #27
RCC Contributor

I hear ya Martin,

I am not steadfast to ROAR per say.. just the rules make sense.

Manufacturers still make buggies and trucks to meet a dimentional guideline do they not? or is it just all over now?

Anywho.. there was still nothing there I read that I found a problem with...

I have no problem with a set of rules made for Sids... and I dont have to be the one to write them.. even though I am the most vocal about it.
James aka Bikerbob
2wd - Kyosho RB5sp
4wd - Yok MR4-BCsp SDF2
Lots of onroad stuff!!
...in RC since... what was I talking about again?
imported_Bikerbob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #28
RCC Junior Contributor

Talking re

OK thats it I'm starting a F1 team next year...
I'm exhausted over this thread Let us not forget what we love so much is viewed by some as playing with toy cars and most of us are old enough to drive real ones.
James sell all your old school RC's and buy a competitive one. lol jk.

Lets start our own organization "WRC" a little hint of rally, but I honestly don't have the time to be on the board.
weezi is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #29
Alumni Mod
I am: Scott P

Another plus to using somethink LIKE roar.. is that it can be used to create a national structure as well.. or.. You can attract real racers as they could participate in a points series style race.. IE.. RC-PRO.. or somethin glike that..

What I mean is that.. if you follow a prescribed set of rules, then the race can be sanctioned and poionts awarded to a "series" larger than a club level... i know tha tis far in teh future.. but it has to start..

Let say that Sids grew "pro" enough to host a national level race.. it would have to conform to something other than Sids Rules.. or it wouldn't and couldn't be national....

I really don't care.. My earlier comment about rules were to simply throw down some simple control and courtesy rules.. but aiming high is not a bad thing..

Bending is OK as well.. as most tracks do that for "club: life.. and then bring out the hammers for main races..
SUPERD's PAST PITMAN just ask SuperD
Sprucewood - First B-main, 9th A-main
Bellvegas - 4th A-MAIN Truggy
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:56 PM   #30
RCC Senior Contributor

Can you list some rules that you had in mind that you feel must be enforced - keeping it as simple as possible.
Mugen MBX6E
Losi 22
Durango DEX410
gremek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.