Oct. 14th Race hosted by Pickering Hobbies - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #1
Sids Raceway
RCC Contributor
I am: Dino & Crew
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0
Oct. 14th Race hosted by Pickering Hobbies

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
A few members of the Sid’s Raceway track committee will be attending the Offroad Charity Race for Cancer Research, hosted by Pickering Hobbies on Saturday October 14th. We would like to encourage everyone to come out, have fun and support a worthy cause.

Cost to race is a discretionary donation by each racer. Racing starts at 11:00am.

Race Classes

Nitro – 1/10th Truck and Buggy, 1/8th Truck and Buggy
Electric – 1/10th Truck and Buggy (2WD & 4WD), 1/18th Truck/Buggy

The track size will be similar to Sid’s, but narrower. (100 ft x 45 ft)

In the interest of being organized, they would like everyone to pre-register by calling (905) 831-8487 or toll free 1-866-520-5090. You can also email at pickeringhobbies@rogers.com - They just need your name, vehicle (class), and frequency.

For location and map, please see attached file, or visit http://www.pickeringhobbies.com/

Everyone will need to check in at the Hobby Store location first, where they will then be given directions to the Track (5 minutes away).

Please come out and support a great cause!
Sids Raceway is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:54 AM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor

See you all there!
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #3
RCC Contributor

Where's the off road track? I went to the Pickering Hobbies web site and there is no mention of track location. Is the track located in the Pickering Hobbies parking lot?
If you think you're in control, you're not going fast enough.:GRIN:
imported_BUGNUT is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #4
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor
I am: sir rcalot

you are supposed to go to the store to check in and then they will give you directions to the track. i searched the store's adress on google maps and it gave me 2 adresses so im guessing one is the track and one is the store. looking at the online map on their site the track is 5 min down the road from the store, its farther down on the 401.
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #5
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: James G

you have to go to the store first, and check in, all donations will be taken at the shop, not the track.

The track is about 5 min away from the store on Brock rd.

If you go north of Brock rd the track is on your right hand side, Brock Rd goes from a 2 lane road to a 1 lane road, as soon as it goes to 1 lane its the 2nd driveway on your right 2 orange pylons will be marking the driveway

don't forget people, if you don't register prior to race day you want be able to race, there is going to be allot of people so be prepared for a long fun day. don't forget to bring a chair. and remember, its for a good cause
You can drive a fast truck slow, but you can't drive a slow truck fast!

My photo album
imported_lunytune is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:13 PM   #6
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Earl A.

Total Props: 1
Sorry that I can't make this one....but will definitely be there in spirit.

Please do what you can support this event.

Count yourself as very lucky if you have not been affected by the big "C" in one way or another......

Narly1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #7
RCC Pro Contributor

My family has been affected by cancer a few times... ie: mom, nana, uncle, aunt and a friend of mine has it.

I urge everyone to go and support this worthy event! I support the Canadian Cancer Society by means of the Relay for Life event. I am unable to attend the race in Pickering but I really wish I could.

Peterborough Monster R/C Club
"Practice does not make perfect, practice makes Permanent! Do it right or don't do it at all!"
Crafty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:48 PM   #8
RCC Contributor

I just registered for the Truck class by email. Lots of effort and hard work has gone into this event, hope to see a good number of Sid's drivers there.
If you think you're in control, you're not going fast enough.:GRIN:
imported_BUGNUT is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:03 AM   #9
RCC Junior Contributor

Hey everyone!

It was 6 in the morning and I have so much going through my head right now I can't sleep! We have worked hard and I am sure there will be things that have been forgotten, or things that could have been done a little better had we more time. Hopefully all of you will come in the spirit of the event and enjoy your day regardless if anything should happen, we have tried really hard to think of everything so I hope this isn't the case and you all have a wonderful time.

The response was more than we had imagined. It will be busy, you might want to pack a chair, and have patience with our volunteers.

I want to take this last opportunity to thank all of you for your kind words through this site, our emails and in person. My moms treatment has gone better than the doctors can imagine and we are feeling really blessed to finally be able to look into the future now. It gives this event hope and meaning to us.

I look forward to meeting some of you for the first time on the 14th/15th.

Thanks again
Pickering Hobbies
Thanks for 22 years of memories!

(905) 831-8487
PickeringHobbies is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:23 PM   #10
RCC Pro Contributor

Check out my pics from the race, unless your on dial up. LOL
There's like 40 some odd pics..
D.O.R.C. on O.R.R.C http://www.offroadrc.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=152
canadiannascar is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.